american politics 2016 elections thread

breakfast menu

I really don't think Bernie hanging in there will damage Hillary in terms of the battle against Trump. McCain got a big bump on Obama when he became the presumptive Rep nom and people were freaking because Barry was still battling it out and they were saying "Hillary needs to drop out because this is damaging Barry". Once Hillary finally dropped Barry's ratings peaked and he went on to win against some one who united the reps more than Donny does.

Hillary and Trump are so far apart, they aren't fighting over the middle, they're fighting to mobilise people against their respective opposing candidates.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lemme guess, that's DAO?

Shit.

Either DAO came across much smarter than I realised or I need to up my game! Last person I ever thought I'd be mistaken for.

*heads off to skinny jeans shop so as to never have anyone make that mistake again

Fucking DAO??!

lol...for the record....i never thought you were dao...

bernie came back to my area for another rally...but i aint standing in a 3 hour line in 103 degree weather to hear him speak.

finally got my vote by mail ballot in...hope i made the right choices...not just for president but also senate, house, mayor, measures, etc etc.

updates!

- warren issues tepid nomination of hillary at last minute. i'm going against the grain and betting she won't be the vp pick.

- the worst shooting in modern american history takes place in a gay nightclub in orlando. the shooter pledged affiliation with isis. trump will use this (well?).

- trump's racist mexican-heritage-judge thing is dragging into a 2nd (third?) week, but i don't know if any actual american voters are talking about it.

Will be pushing for Bernie in my local primaries.

Hillary is more of the same.

Trump is a fucking asshole.

Cruz is a fucking asshole.

I don't want to be offending to anyone but I haven't heard even one American who wants Trump as the Prez.

He's trolled even on shows like Graham Norton and Jimmy Fallon.

Yet, he is the top contender, winning elections. How??

Is the voting system rigged?

Are Mexican voters talking about what Trump said or do they not care?

far as i know trump lost the hispanic vote (it's like 8/10 or 9/10 against) a long time ago with that drug dealers and rapists comment.

I don't want to be offending to anyone but I haven't heard even one American who wants Trump as the Prez.

He's trolled even on shows like Graham Norton and Jimmy Fallon.

Yet, he is the top contender, winning elections. How??

Is the voting system rigged?

he's not the top contender, but if you watched the news, you'd think so.

we have a primary season and a general election. he won the republican primary election, as hillary has (presumably) won the democratic primary.

you don't have to get many primary votes to get the nomination - trump collected maybe 13 million? our country is 318 million.

The problem with being a populist like Trump is that when you get into power the expectations of the people who put you there outweigh your abilities to satisfy them.

There will be no wall built and Mexico won't pay for shit. There will be no barring of Muslim immigrants and there will be no roll-back of the US alliance system. And that's just for starters. The worrying thing is what Trump might do, if he gets a first term, to get a second term. That's when people with low standards get tempted to concoct crises that they can use as a distraction from their failures.

• 1 month later...

Or were they ever actually relevant?

I believe they still have relevance.

I believe there are people who would still really like to catch them.

And, if there relevance has declined, is that because they became less relevant, or is it because various powers that be are trying to downplay them? If they still want to catch them then that is significant.

• 3 weeks later...