american politics 2016 elections thread

breakfast menu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was one other ronpaul knobslobber that I can't remember his name without looking it up. Started with a Z?

He was good to get riled up. He left saying something about a revolution, and never came back.

There was also Frankie, who changed his accounts a lot.

Libertarians are always easy to agitate. Even in real life, they have issues that I can easily identify and poke.

My biggest issue with this election is that I want to vote for Bernie, but I am not sure he can win the general.

Hillary can, but I think she is in Wall St's pocket. Getting rid of the glass steagle act was a Clinton thing, and there is no way she will do anything to change that.

Either one is better than everything the GOP has. If they had a moderate GOPer, I would be open to vote for that person. But they are too busy sucking off the extreme right. They learned nothing from these last two elections.

guess i am the only member supporting trump in 2016 oh well, i was born an asshole and still am.

Bernie? No thanks, free everything? Free college? Fuck that I graduated with a masters in math debt free by working my ass off. I'll be damned if some entitled fuckhead gets a free ride to college without any hardwork.

Hiliary...Are you kidding how is this bitch not in jail for the whole Benghazi deal? She's a liar and panders to any minority group for votes and acceptance.

lol, the ignorance of the internet, you gotta laugh at it sometimes.

PS - alpha males have a disproportionately huge over-representation in the prison systems, because they duuuuumb. You've now gobbed off about two complex issues in a way to try and make yourself look informed and hard. Unfortunately, given your failure to know what they fuck you're one about, you've actually achieved the opposite of your desired outcome. But it's cool, it's just the internets :)

• Like 1

I've been hesitant to hop on the Bernie train, but given the recent results there's part of me that thinks he could actually pull it off. If it weren't the obnoxious flood of internet activist stans that cling to his every word I'd like him more. Guess everyone has those fanboys tho.

No way that Bernie and Hillary get on the same ticket right as P/VP? (Which ever way it may go)

so the most likely dem scenario i see now is bernie winning the popular vote and hillary's team finding more delegates than him, yielding the nomination. it will piss off a few people about how dumb and un-straightforward our elections are, but i don't see it changing.

hillary will run as a damaged candidate and her campaign will struggle to turn out voters (especially if JUST ONE of the investigations into her emails turns into an indictment). she lost every demographic group in new hampshire other than HHI > 200k and voters 55+. she really doesn't like campaigning all that much and i don't see her liking this campaign especially. referring to her mentorship with henry kissinger was deeply, shockingly stupid. did she just think it was too far into history for anyone to google?

the gop spent saturday night's debate showing all of us why they're largely unfit to govern.

trump fascinates and scares me in equal amounts. he and hillary both will say nearly anything and for things like trade policy i'm shocked at how.. liberal he is. or is open to being.

cruz is a fat, petulant child and rubio, "savior of the gop," is coming apart.

maryland's kinda fucked. i have family there. virginia and delaware and pennsylvania are more tax-friendly. even dc is, in a handful of ways. dc!

the state is gerrymandered to shit and historically dominated by one-party rule.

baltimore has a tax base that's still leaving.

the state's manufacturing base continues to leave (unless persuaded to stay by giant tax credits/other incentives).

the state was so pissed at o'malley that they elected a republican governor in 2014. dems don't lose elections in maryland, especially not this democratic gubernatorial candidate, a guy named anthony brown (who o'malley had endorsed/coronated). it was the shock of 2014 - no one saw it coming.

that and more in the AMA.

there's a reason o'malley doesn't really bring it up.

so much for jeb! running as His Own Man, appearing on the trail with his mother and now his brother.

dubya is an idiot and still a better campaigner than jeb! is.

trump is fully blaming the bushes for 9/11 now, which is awesome. he's saying 9/11 hijackers trained in florida under jeb! 's watch.

never forget:

ra,longsleeve,x3104,cardinal,front-c,620,550,900,9

• Like 1

omalley doesn't deserve the veep nom

but i think that's why he hung in for so long.

i'd love warren as veep, but it might be too lefty for most

i too have REALLY been relishing chumpy trump stating that everyone knew there were no wmd's

it's been fun

• Like 1

Sanders looks like he's about to collapse and need oxygen at any moment. Meeting with another world leader, say Putin, he'd look like Putin's grandfather.

If they put all of these jerkass candidates in a ring and let them fight it out I would gladly accept the last one standing as my next president rather than having to vote for any of them in this batch.

I believe that Breakfast Menu's points of how the Bush family is partially (there are others to blame too) guilty for the 9/11 attacks is being underplayed so far in the campaign. If a third member of that family gets the republican nomination I will not vote republican and that is a damn shame.

May I ask whether the reps would get your vote under Trump, Cruz or Rubio?

I won't discredit you for choosing any of these people, I'm just interested in what a Rep voter thinks of those possible candidates.

May I ask whether the reps would get your vote under Trump, Cruz or Rubio?

I won't discredit you for choosing any of these people, I'm just interested in what a Rep voter thinks of those possible candidates.

I don't think Donald Trump is such a bad person to consider for the republican party. In his field of business he has made a large sum of money and even accepting some of his losses I still think overall he knows what he's doing in that respect. Then in terms of politics I believe that America should focus on it's self to resecure the national debt crisis (crisis is a hyperlink). Then from my readings I haven't heard enough about Cruz and or Rubio to make any statements towards them. Given the latest headlines on CNN (another hyperlink) I believe that Trump is in the best position to get the republican nomination.