BMX anyone?

imported_splint2

Originally posted by A Fire Inside

I ride brakelss..four pegs too. I've been doing the brakless thing for about 4 years, and it wasn't because of Troy McMurray or anyone like that...

I can not ride a dialed bike. I need my headset to be loose and some teeth missing on my sprocket.

I'm in CT and am down for a NY street session when it get's warmer.

Drop me a line AIM: Time Tells Me

I used to be able to tell you the price and spek's of any part, I'd read Ride front and back 5 times over in one day. Then all my bmx crew quit riding or moved, so I was left alone. I dropped the subscriptions and hardly ever look in a magazine, let alone buy one.

I even submitted writings to Ride...and they published one. I think I should get to college and learn to write better and move to Cali.

It's kind of nice not knowing what is going on in the rest of the BMX world and just going out for a good session without caring or knowing if you have the coolest parts or whatever.

dude i hear you...i used to want to know everytthing about who is who and whats hot...but i realized its about yourself and no companies or contests...fuck the newest trend and what tricks are hot...i cant live without my bike no matter how bad and out of the loop i am...viva la bmx.

20inch crusaders

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuck, now the pics arent working for me either, i think its cause i just started using fotango and i'm still used to yourphotos ill fix it tomorrow morning though.

yeah, i started riding....fuck....probably about 7 years ago now, its like i was the last wave of kids to get into it before what i think of as the "xgames generation" got into it. i got into it cause i was never accepted in school and met this kid who raced and went to these trails that were right by my house that i never knew about, alot of real good riders rode there some guys who were pro/am riders and shit but yeah, i basically just kept my mouth shut out of respect for them and not wanting to bother them and just quietly learned from them by listening to what they said to each other and figured alot out on my own and came to the trails in the morning all the time on my mountain bike trying to learn how to do it, then i finally got a diamondback or something and started riding really seriously, now its just like an accepted part of my life that i will be doing something today that involves bmx. i work at a bike shop. many of my friends ride. im covering sessions and contests as a photographer. i get really sick of all the new shit that goes on today, i quit reading Ride last year because theyve become such a generic bmxplus type magazine, BMXaction is where its at, funny shit. but yeah, i kind of gave up on the trends awhile ago too, i mean i have to deal with these kids every day that come into the store and say "whats a good bike? whats the lightest bike? what does ryan nyquist ride?" and its like, i know theyre just starting, but cmon, start the way we all did= riding a shit bike or building a junker like i did a long time ago and learn from scratch, because itll give you a greater appreciation, instead they just have mommy and daddy buy them a 700 bike that they ride for a year and then quit, cmon...im not even the best rider, i just do my own thing, my friends all tell me to get brakes, but i hate them because they honestly get in my way and ive recently seen some people (oj juarez for example) doing shit like fufanus and abubacas without rear brakes by just doing them footjam style.

in all honesty, the best riders today are the people pushing it in videos, the contest riders are like circus clowns performing for a bunch of drunken morons for peanuts. i was at KOD this summer shooting photos (we're all on tv...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...so funny) and you can really get an appreciation for what goes on, its a circus, all the kids just ask for autographs and you got people like todd lyons and several other people (no need to mince more names, todds just a total dick though) who are just assholes. then you got fuckin van homen whos just chilling with us in the tent watching whats going on and hes a super cool guy. it was like there was a whole media circus revolving around these guys that just do the sammmmmme runs over and over like a robot and then theres will taubin selling base shirts out of a van with enos and hooking us up with his pass to the vip dinner buffet thing upstairs so we didnt have to suffer eating 25cent bags of chips anymore and van whos riding around the parking lot on a fucked up knee. i ride int he city and i see will and he remembered us he was super cool and totally not what i expected at all (see his section in the beginning of the base video) and you see edwin delarosa just killing the fuckin banks. but wheres all the money pro's? thats right...in the gym.

ill fix those photos, i promise.

my life story part 1

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

-its like i was the last wave of kids to get into it before what i think of as the "xgames generation" got into it

-im covering sessions and contests as a photographer.

-ive recently seen some people (oj juarez for example) doing shit like fufanus and abubacas without rear brakes by just doing them footjam style.

-I think I was part of that wave as well..kind of. I remember being in like 6th grade and going into a conveniece store with my Dad all the time, and I'd see BMX Plus! in the magazine rack and it always drew my attention. That's how I got into it, got a 94 Diamond Back Viper (in 95) and rode that. I used to pedal to the skatepark in my town at 6 in the morning just to ride when no people where there. About 8 months later I was jumping the box and my rear hub blew up when I landed. I was unfortunately too dumb to get it fixed, so I did a bit of skateboarding. I ordered a board in 96, and went to the X-Games in Rhode Island and met Matt (he had two t's back then) Hoffman and the vert riding. The skateshop or whatever fucked up my mailorder and I went all around two different state's looking for a Hoffman and found one after several month's of searching.

I know it sound's like I got into it 'cause of the X-Games, but all they did was remind me of how much I liked riding my bike.

-Covering contests as a photographer...aww.. you pretty much have my dream job.

-My good friend does like, back tire stalls on the top of quarter pipe's without breaks.

aaand finally, if you haven't seen it (which you probably have Tyler Durden) but everyone else go get Don't Quit Your Day Job. One of my favorite video's.

-Covering contests as a photographer...aww.. you pretty much have my dream job

well im not getting paid, its just that you carry a really nice camera setup around with you and know some other people at the contests, you can usually scam your way in and get a vip media pass, but i still like to get alot of shots for my portfolio and also because i really want to have a job that wont make me want to kill myself at the age of 40 and i think ive found that in shooting photos, hopefully i can get a real job in this working for some type of magazine after i get out of college, preferably bmx.

Matt (he had two t's back then) Hoffman

hahahaha nice.

yeah, i own a pretty good video collection and DQYDJ is definetly in there, i met alot of those guys and most of em are super cool, especially scerbo, unfortunately i didnt get to meet tiseo before his passing but all his friends told me he was super cool and a nice guy all around. if you want a fucking sick video get criminal mischief, this is of course assuming that you live in a hole and havent seen it yet, i think everyones seen it though. also, the ride video "turbulence" is real good too, we're kind of toying with the idea of a video right now because we always shoot alot of footage.

one thing that really gets on my nerves is that the new group of kids have no respect for anything, i see them at parks and they roll around and get in everyones way, you ask them nicely to move and they get all pissed at you, i know im gettin bitchy about that kind of but whatever, it seems like theyre all a bunch of spoiled brats that like to throw their dk six packs around and cry.

yeah, anyone who wants to ride the city, im definetly down when i repair my rear wheel and the weather gets a wee bit warmer, i know the city pretty good as far as spots go in manhattan and shit, and my friend adam from the above pics is from brooklyn so he knows alot of shit.

hit me up on aim: sxetek123

durden- how cold is it there? you wuss:D

and i guess according to you, i am one of the x-games generation boys...i dont think i really am though, really, too me it doesnt matter, the only thing i care about is knowing that i love too ride my bike...plain and simple...

as far as stuff i have recently learned, i am working on no handed footjam-nosepicks, and nothing footjam-nosepicks, how about you guys?

warpig i picked up at a police auction for dirt cheap

just sold my butler and got a mutiny punisher <--i love this bike!

i really need to quit my job so i can go out and ride more

as far as injuries go ive broken both arms once, right wrist 3 times and left once, my shins are fucked as im sure everyone elses are cause i never wore shinguards, ive broken my left ankle once, and my elbow pops for some reason... its all worth it though

i guess its not as bad as when my friend jumped this double and got too far back on his ride and when he landed his nuts got sucked in between his frame and back tire, the ambulance came and now hes rollin uniball... yeesh!

nothing footjam nosepicks? if your not bullshitting thats fresh...if you are your just lame...

last thing i landed was on mini on a 2 foot sub box...sprocket chunk to smith to ice pick....obviously all that was just stalls...no way could i grind any of that...and the ice pick at the end was almost unintentional...but i landed it clean and it counted so suck my nut. im really no good and need to spend more time on my bike this summer...i got in a real bad rut of doing the same fucking tricks in the same spots and not having too much fun with it...hopefully thatll change this spring.

and dude...ny is cold as fuck right now...definitly no where to ride without freezing to death..at least it is upstate.

yeah i might fall into the xgames kids but im anything but...i just didnt start riding till i was about 17...and at the time is was on the verge of blowing up...but thats not why i got into it...i just honestly love my bike and ride it everywhere even when not for sessioning...(i couldnt think of a better word...im lame i know)

as much as i hate all the fucks that dont know what to do in a park i also could give a fuck...hopefully theyre having fun and hopefully theyll learn whats up soon...im there to have a good time and ride my bike so i try not to be bothered by them...but they definitly make it hard to ignore them.

has anyone been to the park in binhampton...east coast terminal...its fuggin dope for bikes.

word.

Guest CRUNKABUNKA

I RACED TILL OUR FUCKING TRACK GOT FUCKING TAKING AWAY BECAUSE THE LAND WAS ONA LEASE BUT ANYWAYS I HAD A SANTA CRUZ A VERY RARE FIND WITH PROFILES THE HOLE HOE TRAIN...

LATER KID'S

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

as i promised before, heres some pics, all shot by me during our latest excursion into manhattan. all shot on tmax 100 (the best b+w film i have ever had the pleasure of using....) i may post more later if you guys like these.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00166816f00000005.jpg'>

adam: hes 15 years old from brooklyn and all his shit is brakeless. footjam nosepick on the 1inch piece of metal that sticks out of the pole at the brooklyn banks.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00166816f00000004.jpg'>

adam with a sprocket double barspin. right after this he asked me if it would be "ok" if he just hopped over that highway barrier to a manual off the curb.....whatever adam.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00166816f00000001.jpg'>

double peg stall on the column at the big banks.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00166816f00000010.jpg'>

words dont really do this photo justice, its a 30 foot drop on the other side of that ledge, eric did this about 7 times, each time i was kind of expecting to see him go over.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00166816f00000020.jpg'>

primetime matt throws down a nice gap to wedge

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00166816f00000019.jpg'>

"look mommy, primetimes arm is broken!"

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00166816f00000018.jpg'>

mandatory artsy shot

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00166816f00000014.jpg'>

mohawk electric building

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00166816f00000021.jpg'>

party's over bitch, time to go home.....

i have some more stuff i didnt get to post just because ive been working on this post for awhile now and i wish to get back to gta3, if you guys want some more of my shit ill post it later.

holla

i got a standard shaman,raw!,animal pegs, t1bars,hoffman wheels,

i was brakeless for ages but i went through too many shoes and tyres,i live in australia i like street but there all dirt monkeys over here,i rode new york 2 years ago with a bunch of guys from queens-wesley smallfry,jay rodriguez,mike brakenz,marco.eddie heaps of guys i love new york and i wanna move there some day,

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by suburbian bum

I am kinda sad that i basically quit riding, i want to get back into it...

Me too.. I was getting back into it with an old riding friend and it was rad, learning new stuff having fun and then it all fell apart again. I cracked my frame and started putting together another one I had kicking around and never finished.

wow.....surprised to see this back up on pg. 1.......

yeah, thats adam. hes fucking incredible for someone whose 16 and riding for three years. i envy him with a passion because he just points shit out and names several combos that are just unthinkable and asks if itd be "ok" if he did that.....super nice kid though, not nearly as conceded as some people.

as far as good videos go, sombra video "finding shade" will leave you like "huh? did i just see that? no...." umm.......the little devil video "criminal mischief" is already a must have (adams always pissed with me because he thinks he wont be able to have any skills like van homan.....haha). other videos im getting soon are "the animal video" and "blueprint" both good vids i hear.....

as far as me, i didnt ride nearly as much as i wanted to this winter (our private skatepark got closed down, meaning the store then got closed down so i had no park or job.....) but its been getting real nice out lately and ive been riding quite a bit....nothing too big to speak of now, just trying to get back into the flow of things, but i have been pulling off some nice sprocket stalls on good challenging things, and i'm coming real close to pulling feebles to crankflips, and i've been pulling some icepicks to fakies. just relaxed sessions because i forgot what it was all about during the winter and got all caught up in whos doing what and such.....now i just dont give a fuck, i ride with a small group and im alot less stressful and happier. and i really want to learn to ride park alot better.

where did you read about adam? is it his interview? because they used some of my shit for that. without my consent of course....blah.

i'll post some new pics later, im super sick right now and about to head up to bed.

i usta ride a k2 shad rak... its a dope bike, i usta race and ride dirt... but my local track got plowed and they build a ware house over it... and everyone i usta ride with gotta car and stop riding :(... i ride sometimes still.. i mostly skate now.. (inline)

• 5 weeks later...

Bumping it up 'cause I miss riding my bicycle and my all my bmx crew that moved away. I think I'm gonna go watch an old Props or Don't Quit Your Day Job... maybe dig up some old issue of Ride or Tread.

I say, the next day off I have, I may just clean my room up and find the parts that are hidden under my clothes and crap.

Archived