I'd pay like $15 for 12oz App

mdmone

Or more. Like maybe $20 bucks... Shit if there was a fundraiser like those "fund me" "Kickstarter" things on the web I'd be willing to throw down like 40 bucks towards it. Anyone else have thoughts on this? how much could it possibly cost to get some internet nerd to just make the website into some sorta Facebook-esk app that gives you alerts on threads and messages and shit. I'd cream my panties for that sorta thing.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, nah....... this place used to be poppin off a LOT harder than this. There were a ton of people here posting a ton of content every day. If you ask me, it all went down hill when they plastered ads all over the site and changed the front page to a landing page rather than linking it directly to the forum. The meat of this site is the forum, not all those news stories. Anyway, I digress. I wouldn't pay $1 for a 12oz app because there's not enough going on here to warrant it.

• Like 1

I'd make the application you're asking for, but I think you don't realize what development work costs. People that write code well get paid upwards of $120/hr..... and this isn't like some little bitch ass commission I get paid 120/hr for like 3 hours every few weeks.... this is full time pay. So, getting someone that makes that kind of money interested in making an application to scrape a graffiti forum for content is going to be difficult unless they just are feeling charitable and have a special interest in graffiti. Also, just because someone writes code doesn't make them a good developer. Probably like 85% of the people that think they're "good writers" when it comes to graffiti.... probably garbage but they think they're king shit.

• Like 1

Yeah, nah....... this place used to be poppin off a LOT harder than this. There were a ton of people here posting a ton of content every day. If you ask me, it all went down hill when they plastered ads all over the site and changed the front page to a landing page rather than linking it directly to the forum. The meat of this site is the forum, not all those news stories. Anyway, I digress. I wouldn't pay $1 for a 12oz app because there's not enough going on here to warrant it.

l.o.l. and the news stories are pretty much " guy continues to do graffiti"

• 2 weeks later...

They've already monetized the shit out of your traffic into this site.... I don't think the market is big enough to warrant the effort. You do realize that they're getting PAID every time you visit, you don't even have to click on any ad. Just your unique IP hitting the site is enough to warrant a visit.

In any case, why would you even need an app if you can just use the web browser on your phone? People want shit to be so easy that we're going to turn into that movie Idiocracy when everyone is mouth breathers because tech has made everything in life that was hard trivial.

• 2 months later...