The Hip Hop Thread

Brink

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Rest in peace Hip Hop.

As far as I'm concerned, the culture is 45 years old (46 technically)... since its birth goes back to 1973. I started listening to Hip Hop music in 1988 and even though i still listen to it, i feel like right around 2003 is when the music started getting wack.. so to me the golden years were from 1988 to 2003... the 2nd 15 years.... the first 15 years it was developing and the 3rd 15 years (currently) it fucking sucks. 

On 8/1/2019 at 4:17 AM, CALIgula said:

Masta ace all day!!

Even though im not feeling new Hip Hop,  that Joyner Lucas is pretty good. 

I get the feeling but there are still gems if you dig. Personally Ive had my fill with 90s rap. Wu and Boot Camp are dope but enough.

Oddly enough with movies Im the exact opposite, I wont go near most of the newer stuff so I do get it. With movies you watch em maybe twice a year, with music its on repeat so I guess it gets duller quicker.

You do have a point... I'll usually find newer work that older artists are putting out. 

For example, masta ace whos been around since the early 90s (even late 80s i think) put out a new album a couple of years ago. 

So a lot of it has that 90s boom bap plus lyricism that i crave when bumpin Hip Hop

• Like 2