Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TayyuNit

Rime sues Jeremy Scott & Moschino

http://www.acclaimmag.com/lifestyle/rime-suing-jeremy-scott-moschino/

Anybody remember those hideous outfits that Jeremy Scott and Katy Perry pranced around the Met Gala in?

12oz broke the story when one of our writers (@ATTNg3tr) noticed that the print on Perry's dress was oddly similar to a wall in Detroit by Rime (it even replicated his handstyle and the exact color scheme).

Here is the original piece: http://www.12ozprophet.com/news/met-gala-outfits-moschino-striking-resemblance-rimes-graffiti/

Months later - we know we weren't imagining things.

Let me 1st say that I'm aware of the artist side of the argument in these cases.

Having said that...

IDK. It was a shit look that the designer hardly profited off of. I don't think Rime's rep got damaged here either, unless he cares what the high snobbery world that exploits graf/is exploited by graf actually thinks.

Rime has certainly used other people's characters in his pieces, will the universe come full circle if Warner Bros, Disney, etc., sues him, and what would his counter argument be?

Don't think Bode ever sued graffiti.

In other news what's up with this 'fashion' of graffed on shearling coats? Lol. Reminds me of the old graf vids where people would tag the homeless and then film them walking around with their tags on. Just fucked up a nice shearling and artsy snob society mofos are paying top $ for it, lolz.

Also- thread title would be more interesting if it said Rime Sues Ron Jeremy or something.

I think Rime could do a good Ron Jeremy character, could do one of those fat body characters with big swinging arms and legs, only needs to add a swinging dick and a lot of body hair.

• Like 2

You damaged my street cred! I'll see your ass in court...

I take it more as a "fuck you" to the designer douche for ripping off other people's art than actually being stressed about his mad graf rep--shit, his real name is in the story, so I dunno. I think the Bode/Looney Toons comments are totally applicable, but also I hate stupid fashion so I'm torn as to how little of a shit to give...

Something similar happened a few years ago when a. eBay seller was posting large prints of a photo he took of a piece Sever did

At the end of the day, it's graffiti, it's illegal, who cares.

Didn't stussy use a KADISxM tag in one of its designs in the 90s?

Fuck it get fame off of their brand.

Yeah, dudes ripping off other people's creations suck - same as people getting paid to do "street art tours" and not giving anything to the artists. However, there's a different side to the story. We deliberately put our art in public and use public space/property as an intrinsic part of our product. WE can't go getting upset when what is on public record is used by the public.

i think we know when a person doesn't care about (or doesn't have) street cred anymore:

when they sue someone.

i agree; we write on other people's property. so it's hilarious when people claim intellectual property/copyright/etc

i know people bench shit and then try to sell the pics. shit happens.

no matter what the idea, someone else will try to rip it off. just part of being in a society.

get over it, rime, or start making clothes.

Whaambulance.gif.d9b4d626a3ede520bca1b9ffcd724a0f.gif

• Like 2

I kissed a girl that kissed a boy that kissed Katy Perry, who kissed a girl and liked it.

I'm trying to write a rap about mixed drinks but can't find a rhyme for maraschino.

Got it- Popped the maraschino of a girl that's Filipino.

Phew. Almost had writer's block.

stock-photo-13461087-maraschino-cherry.jpg.8e70ef4280e651caec21782938cfaffa.jpg

Yeah, dudes ripping off other people's creations suck - same as people getting paid to do "street art tours" and not giving anything to the artists. However, there's a different side to the story. We deliberately put our art in public and use public space/property as an intrinsic part of our product. WE can't go getting upset when what is on public record is used by the public.

ding!

this x 100,000

i bet there's designers & others who look to/depend on graffiti for ideas/things to rip off. says more about them than us ...

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now