tics and other parasites picked up...

mr.gravytrain

I thought i might've had lyme.

turned out to be palindromic rheumatism and that took years to figure out.

anyway ticks suck. i'm more concerned about them on my dogs than anything.

and yeah, lyme doesn't always cause bulls eye rash so that wouldn't rule it out.

there is an actual test for it now so you can just go to the doc

treatment however, is another story unless you know you have it and get antibiotics immediately.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 6 months later...

I was working a job moving some section 8 peoples to another unit in the building. I did the walkthrough and noticed small brown spots on the mattresses which is a sign of bed bugs. well I boogied out of there with my crew. they sent some other poor bastards to do the job and gave them hazmat suits to keep the bugs off. but now these nasty fuckers are just going to infect another unit in the building. that didn't make any sense to me

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Fuck the north east and their pin head sized ticks.. Wood ticks are at least sizable, waking up with 6 small black dots sucking blood from your body just gives me another excuse to sit and drink inside, stay out of anywhere that isn't concrete and rebar.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got over a case of creeping eruption.

Had a worm in between the inner and outer layers of skin wormin around my knee. Over a 3 week period it made its way 1 full rotation around my knee with a short detour up my thigh and itched really bad (mainly at night). After the 2nd week I was tired of it itching so took meds that made me feel really shitty for about 5 days. 3 days after taking meds it made it s last move and cleared up. 2 days after that got my strength back from the meds. Had never heard of this before.

'Hookworm eggs are shed in infected dog (or other animal) feces to the ground, where they then develop over a period of 1–2 weeks into the infectious larval form (filariform larvae). The filariform larvae can burrow through intact skin that comes into contact with soil or sand that is contaminated with feces. Although they are able to infect the deeper tissues of animals (through to the lungs and then the intestinal tract), humans are incidental hosts and the larvae are only able to penetrate the upper dermis of the skin and thus create the typical wormlike burrows visible underneath the skin. These parasites apparently lack the collagenase enzymes required to penetrate through the basement membrane deeper into the skin.'

"The infection causes a red, intensely pruritic (itchy) eruption. The itching can become very painful and if scratched may allow a secondary bacterial infection to develop. Cutaneous larva migrans usually heals spontaneously over weeks to months and has been known to last as long as one year. However, the severity of the symptoms usually causes those infected to seek medical treatment before spontaneous resolution occurs. Following proper treatment, migration of the larvae within the skin is halted and relief of the associated itching can occur in less than 48 hours"

Looks something like this:

Derm_022113_photo1_300x.jpg.e8a93ff82e739ed5378ef60f0b95385a.jpg

Do not recommend...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ticks-carrying-lyme-disease-confirmed-in-9-national-parks/ar-AAlZbJv?li=BBnb7Kz

Thought this would be a dead topic but... this is about the time of year for the babies (think they're called mites?) and I just found one of them fuckers the other day, then came across this article today. Have to reapply repellent ASAP.

• 3 years later...

Can't let coronavirus make you forget about the dangers that already existed.  Ticks are back in full swing.  Had to crash through brush and undergrowth the other day and walked out w/ numerous ticks on me, black legged, deer, some pin head size.  Anyhows if you're avoiding corona by going for a hike beware.

• Like 1