Graffiti Battle

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to sit you down and be real with you for a second. The level of stuff you're getting right now will forever be the level you recieve. No one who actually does/did graffiti (and therefor has any sort of skill when it comes to letters) would participate in this.

Unfortunately same goes for anyone that would attempt to produce something like this, which means for as long as you are producing this show you will be seen as a culture vulture. Someone who put no real time into the culture, but is attemping to reap the benefits of a culture that appears simple and "cool" from the outside, but actually is a lot deeper than a bunch of kids posturing and writing their names on things.

Good luck in whatever you do after you come to the realization this won't work out for you

• Like 5

Going to sit you down and be real with you for a second. The level of stuff you're getting right now will forever be the level you recieve. No one who actually does/did graffiti (and therefor has any sort of skill when it comes to letters) would participate in this.

Unfortunately same goes for anyone that would attempt to produce something like this, which means for as long as you are producing this show you will be seen as a culture vulture. Someone who put no real time into the culture, but is attemping to reap the benefits of a culture that appears simple and "cool" from the outside, but actually is a lot deeper than a bunch of kids posturing and writing their names on things.

Good luck in whatever you do after you come to the realization this won't work out for you

HAHAHA,, oh ya, I'm single highhandedly raping and pillaging the whole culture of graffiti by running a contest... this mentality is sooo outdated. What I'm doing isn't going to stop artists from getting out and hitting walls. You're welcome to your opinion but you're not my dad and you're not sitting me down for some lecture...

This is the internet. You are on a graffiti website. don't be a hypocrite...

HAHAHA and other words

Fucking reading comprehension, try it.

You got incredibly aggressive when all I was doing was trying to help. I was being pretty kind compared to how I actually feel about people like you.

You won't have any affect on the culture, and I'm not sure how you got that idea from what I said. Stop trying to be something you're not.

Or keep trying and failing. Whatever.

I read this, this morning. Watched his video.

Didn't know if he was serious or not.

I thought he might be a cop.

I went to clown him, but was actually dumbfounded and at a loss for words.

Came back a few hours later and saw all these replies.

I think "your not my father" says it all.

Fucking reading comprehension, try it.

You got incredibly aggressive when all I was doing was trying to help. I was being pretty kind compared to how I actually feel about people like you.

You won't have any affect on the culture, and I'm not sure how you got that idea from what I said. Stop trying to be something you're not.

Or keep trying and failing. Whatever.

"You won't have any affect on the culture" <- ya, that was what i said a while ago.. I'm not a culture vulture because what I'm doing is simply a blackbook battle on youtube and its not gonna have a negative effect on graffiti. There's blackbook battles happening all over the internet including on this site. Who cares what I'm doing. What are you doing.. Are you crushing trains every night? Great! Fantastic! handjobs all around!! Welcome to the age of the internet. People are going to host blackbook battles.. get over it...

There's levels to this shit motherfucker. Speaking of levels, get one and fix those wack ass shelves in your graffiti background, yuk yuk yuk.

In other news, ILB showed you love homie, most people here won't give you a reach around while buttfucking you. The point I think you're missing is you're kind of trying to do your take on a culture without really understanding or being a part of that culture. As long as you do that your success will be severely limited, and most people here have seen that before and are wary of it. Thee are people out there who are not writers who can do what you're trying to do, but they've taken some time to do their homework, and coming respectfully, have approached veterans and others with knowledge/experience for help and guidance.

Take that Stephen Powers book off the shelf and learn from it.

• Like 1

There's levels to this shit motherfucker. Speaking of levels, get one and fix those wack ass shelves in your graffiti background, yuk yuk yuk.

In other news, ILB showed you love homie, most people here won't give you a reach around while buttfucking you. The point I think you're missing is you're kind of trying to do your take on a culture without really understanding or being a part of that culture. As long as you do that your success will be severely limited, and most people here have seen that before and are wary of it. Thee are people out there who are not writers who can do what you're trying to do, but they've taken some time to do their homework, and coming respectfully, have approached veterans and others with knowledge/experience for help and guidance.

Take that Stephen Powers book off the shelf and learn from it.

I realize the shelf is off. I mentioned that in the comments.. but thanks for telling me. And no ILB didn't show me love. He told me that what I'm doing will never work, even though it is working just fine. Half of you are hating and you don't even know why. Because I'm not a big name graffiti writer. I love the art form and regardless of what you say I have in fact been studying it for a good decade. Im not gonna lie and say I paint on the regular but I also didn't just figure out what graffiti was yesterday.

Anyway I'm not trying to argue with a bunch of people here. I simply wanted to get a few people to join my battle. some of you are taking this way to serious like its some sort of threat to your culture. Im a kid that loves graffiti and I'm doing something that relates to it..