@who_went_over_my_freight on Instagram

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

graffiti is funny to me. people get real butthurt when you don't like their shit. but in the art world, shit talking is almost a requirement. and it's funny that so many writers can't handle it. i mean so what if someone doesn't like your shit and they go over it.

spots dry up and there are no clean panels to paint. stuff gets gone over.

it happens. paint more.

the other funny aspect, is that we're all writing on someone else's property. people seem to lose sight of that.

i'm not a fan of the drama this sorta thing stirs up. but clearly many people feed off it

graffiti is funny to me. people get real butthurt when you don't like their shit. but in the art world, shit talking is almost a requirement. and it's funny that so many writers can't handle it. i mean so what if someone doesn't like your shit and they go over it.

spots dry up and there are no clean panels to paint. stuff gets gone over.

it happens. paint more.

the other funny aspect, is that we're all writing on someone else's property. people seem to lose sight of that.

i'm not a fan of the drama this sorta thing stirs up. but clearly many people feed off it

You were away during this thing, did you see any of what they were posting?

You were away during this thing, did you see any of what they were posting?

yeah. airports can be a boring place. though i actually only saw it once. and the crew was chatting about it.

i'm not on IG, and this is one of the reasons why.

people definitely have changed graffiti with social media.

Damb mass you replied to that quick lol

Thought I edited it right away

Was saying how people for some reason look past forums as a social media platform. (Gun forum)

someone posted self promo the other day, and got called out for it by like one person.

the shame prolly ended around the same time the login probz started. what, like 2007?

instagram launched in 2010.

i blame the writers

:haha:

i just realized.. i always thought i came into the freight game late.

i had done walls for years and i knew people who had been doin em for awhile before i caught the bug.

it's funny. cuz now about 15 years have gone by. i guess the good thing is that shit like an instagram account doesn't really affect how i feel about it one way or another.

I tried doing a Instagram account the other day. With the large amount of pics I have been taking lately, it is almost impossible to post them on there. I'm just going to keep using photobucket and posting the pics here. If someone wants to fight over pics and stupid shit, this has proved in the past to be a great place to do so.

#fuckyourtrains

• Like 1

someone posted self promo the other day, and got called out for it by like one person.

the shame prolly ended around the same time the login probz started. what, like 2007?

instagram launched in 2010.

i blame the writers

:haha:

i just realized.. i always thought i came into the freight game late.

i had done walls for years and i knew people who had been doin em for awhile before i caught the bug.

it's funny. cuz now about 15 years have gone by. i guess the good thing is that shit like an instagram account doesn't really affect how i feel about it one way or another.

that sounds about right

i feel like once you hit 10+ years of doing this silly shit something like IG probably won't faze you a bit.

ONE DAY ...

If someone wants to fight over pics and stupid shit, this has proved in the past to be a great place to do so. #fuckyourtrains

12oz will **always** be the place to e-beef, in my heart. Nothing more sincere than posting personal info under anonymous account names like DICKTUCKDINMYTHIGHS

• Like 1

I don't understand how quickly the jump was made for it being acceptable to having it all be about self promo in a short time. there's not much difference between 12oz and IG because they're both a place where photos can be posted and comments can be made. It's ok to post some of your own from time to time in the mix, especially if you feel it's good, but yeah it was not kosher here, and if you did it you were a lame. Now everyone's getting pats on the back for wack stuff. IG is a good medium for seeing new flicks, and talking with people, reconnecting with some old people, but stop posting pics of your kids and putting your family on blast. what a world..

^^i think the difference is that oontz used to have a lot of OG heads that just weren't down for people posting their own freights as if someone had seen them somewhere.

because unless you are lucky or you paint short lines, chances are good that once that freight rolls, you won't see it again

on IG it's just the general public. so not only do you have average joes saying wow dood, you also have a little circle on your ig that is just you and your friends.

so of course it's just jocking, no matter how crappy the crap is because not many people who scribble on shit will hold a critique session like in art school, they just want to hear see their buddy go wow mang.

plus kids found the accounts of popular writers, and boosted the shit out of a lot of egos by going apeshit over the accounts... and i think that made more people go 'public' with their shit

Society has become more narcissistic with social media. People tweet their thoughts but who gives a fuck what some celebrity or Joe Blow thinks. People were throwing their own shit up for a long time now, back with Myspace and whatever. And 12oz used to be a massive circle jerk, at least in Brick Slayers with pieces (and unfortunately, freights), so basically self promo has overall not been discouraged.

Everyone has had shit they never saw again but I believe most shit can be found with minimal effort if you study your fr8 and the RR. Or else I've been really lucky in finding things for myself and others.

Another problem is there are plenty of people who look at a fr8 as another place to put their graf, like a wall. They don't see it as something that travels, that others are looking for, and have little interest in seeing how far they can go, so they do their piece, flick it, and post it. I think they're missing out on an aspect of the game and have little understanding of how fr8s/RR operate. But hey, people have their own motivations.