Podcasts

KM4RT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Burr is the only white comedian I’ve ever subscribed to. And it’s been a long while. Finally seeing guy next week. I’ve tried many other cac comedians but it never works. Lavell Crawford’s first shit is far superior to his most recent. Same goes with a lot of these guys and the specials. None of burrs latest shits have tickled my butthole. 

I’m not down with any of these new jacks either. Burress and co (I realize I haven’t given more than 3 references fuck off I don’t keep track of names). 

PODCASTS THO! 

- Bill Burr Monday morning podcast 

(mainly the Thursday version cause it’s all the hits from earlier sets)

- the pat down with ms. pat

- go back to the archives for the late Charlie Murphy podcast (worth it if you can handle that niggras crazy laugh)

-THE LAST PODCAST ON THE LEFT(my shit for classic true crime and weird ass shit

- early sword and scale (cause it turned to shit)

- guys we fucked (if you wanna be in touch with the ladies and all that me tooish feminisms and some sezzy lulz)

- love and radio

- crypto 101

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CALIgula said:

Bill Burr is definitely funny but he was a slight dick when i met him ?‍♂️

He's from the Boston area. Find me someone who isn't a slight dick from the Boston area. Also, how many people do you think he had to interact with that day, that week, and so on. Celebrities aren't superhuman, things effect their mood.

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1
  • Pause 1

36 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

ya sword and scale was way better when that dude hosted it. whoever it is recently sounds like the voice of a female bot.

He’s back, but it’s still garbage compared to the first couple seasons. 

10 minutes ago, CALIgula said:

Bill Burr is definitely funny but he was a slight dick when i met him ?‍♂️

Tell me more ??..........

1 minute ago, abrasivesaint said:

He's from the Boston area. Find me someone who isn't a slight dick from the Boston area. Also, how many people do you think he had to interact with that day, that week, and so on. Celebrities aren't superhuman, things effect their mood.

I resent this?. I have duel citizenship and am in fact not slightly a dick. 

(You ain’t lyin tho)

All I said to him was "I enjoyed the show. Can I get a flick with you?"

The word "flick" freaked him out because he thought I meant take a video of him, which I guess is a big no no.

I explained that I meant a picture...at that point he turned to my gf (exgf now) and was like "does he always talk like this?"

flick by the way is a graffiti term for picture and i've been using it for years and i didnt think it'd be taken the wrong way.

Boston or not, if I'm your fan and bought tickets to the show and bought your tour poster i'd expect a bit of politeness, professionalism, and tact.

I've met at least 15 standup comics...some even bigger names than bill burr...and every last one have been cool as shit (iglesias, koy, segura etc).

Also, that whole "how many people do you think he had to interact with that day, that week, and so on" is the same shit they say about the fucking police...doesn't excuse them from being dicks literally 100% of the time.

• Truth 2

1 hour ago, CALIgula said:

All I said to him was "I enjoyed the show. Can I get a flick with you?"

The word "flick" freaked him out because he thought I meant take a video of him, which I guess is a big no no.

I explained that I meant a picture...at that point he turned to my gf (exgf now) and was like "does he always talk like this?"

Sounds like he was busting your balls. As someone who grew up in the Boston area, very often someone mistakes when i’m just being a smart ass for being an asshole. Also depending on when this was, and confusing flick for video, he may have been concerned you were gonna try to catch him saying or acting a fool, given the current social situations.. But, i wasn’t there, maybe he was being a douche. 

flick by the way is a graffiti term for picture and i've been using it for years and i didnt think it'd be taken the wrong way.

Thanks for clarifying, haha. 

Boston or not, if I'm your fan and bought tickets to the show and bought your tour poster i'd expect a bit of politeness, professionalism, and tact.

I've met at least 15 standup comics...some even bigger names than bill burr...and every last one have been cool as shit (iglesias, koy, segura etc).

This is fair though.

Also, that whole "how many people do you think he had to interact with that day, that week, and so on" is the same shit they say about the fucking police...doesn't excuse them from being dicks literally 100% of the time.

Holding someone who has a license to kill you to a higher standard than a comedian is a little different. 

All in all, he’s one of the cuntiest of cunts, which is why he’s one of the best, in my opinion. I wouldn’t have expected any less than some shit talk. 

Busting my balls, maybe... if he had done it in a more joking manner id get it...i get his humor.. I've literally watched and listened to dozens of hours of his stand up... matter of fact ive been following bill Burr since the mid 2000s back when he had hair and almost a decade before all of these current Netflix specials. Ive never been to the bean but i get that people can be dicks... I'll give him credit though, he did take a flick with us and signed our poster... that's why he was just a "slight dick" and not a full on "pos dick"  lol

5 hours ago, CALIgula said:

Busting my balls, maybe... if he had done it in a more joking manner id get it...i get his humor.. I've literally watched and listened to dozens of hours of his stand up... matter of fact ive been following bill Burr since the mid 2000s back when he had hair and almost a decade before all of these current Netflix specials. Ive never been to the bean but i get that people can be dicks... I'll give him credit though, he did take a flick with us and signed our poster... that's why he was just a "slight dick" and not a full on "pos dick"  lol

You know the drill g. Pics or.......

• Like 1

Many years ago I saw Louis CK. After the show I talked to him for a second and when the conversation was done he turned away, but I just stood there and thought about what a nice interaction that was. He soon turned around and was sort of surprised I was still there, he said "ok man, have a good one" at which point I realized I am a certain amount of aspergers, I don't know what the amount is, but it is definitely there. And I turned and left.

I had been drinking but that's not really an excuse.

Anyway - podcasts

I listen to a shit ton, but my main shit right now are these -

Citations Needed - Every episode the hosts dissect the way an idea is presented or torn down by the media and politicians. A recent one went into detail about how the US media tries to pit labor and climate activists against one another.

Cum Town - It's a podcast where 3 guys call things gay and one of them does pretty good impressions. They also sometimes bastardize songs and make the lyrics about getting fucked in the ass or something. I'm not really proud of listening to it but it's sort of a palette cleanser. The fat one is actually pretty good at stand up.

Darknet Diaries  - Stories about network and physical security and the people who break into those secure places.

The Moth, Risk, This is Actually Happening, Snap Judgement - all 4 of these are true story telling podcasts. Moth and Risk are stories told in front of a live audience, Snap and Happening are usually edited with some music and small sound effects.

So it's kind of a blend of the two but had anyone seen HarmonQuest? That show is great, live action pathfinder (like DnD) with celeb guests and animation. You'll probably have to stream it from somewhere but it's worth a watch while smoking.

Speaking of smoking shows podcasts, Getting Doug with High. Doug benson is fuckin hilarious. Choose the good eye.

Its more a result that music / podcasts and the like aren't my core competency and I have way too much on my plate as it is.

@dekayfastepped to me a while back as has several others, but so far hasn't materialized. Definitely a fair bit of work to do it properly and assume you need at least some minimum equipment.

Anyhow, I'm open to the idea and willing to support however I can once we all agree to a basic plan for it.

Would be great.

Channel zero shit talking  podcast with users sending in voice messages via whatsapp for smash and trash thread.

or the  what are you doing right now thread.

if  there was a centralised way that didn't involve giving out a phone number.

sort of like the partylines thing back in the days. everyone would listen  just to hear their voice!

I've been checking out one called Popular Front recently which I think is by a former vice journalist. It covers lots of wars you might not hear about like shit going on now in Libya, Ukraine, Syria etc. Has interviews with people on the ground and in some cases (like Syria) will talk to fighters.

• Props 1

On 8/9/2019 at 6:46 PM, Qawee said:

I've been checking out one called Popular Front recently which I think is by a former vice journalist. It covers lots of wars you might not hear about like shit going on now in Libya, Ukraine, Syria etc. Has interviews with people on the ground and in some cases (like Syria) will talk to fighters.

Gonna check this out.