Podcasts

KM4RT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is new but talking to some pretty interesting people (I also know some of the folks involved and they have access that most others don't given their connection to the national security community)

http://www.greataustralianpods.com/2018/07/the-national-security-podcast.html

The one on Terror is pretty good and I know that they're talking to the 3A Institute about doing something interesting on the future of disruptive tech and national security, which I'm keen to check out when/if it drops.

Jocko Podcast is great. It has a heavy focus on self-discipline and leadership. Most episodes consist of Jocko taking a book (mostly war memoirs, although he has delved into Shakespeare and some other fiction too) and breaking them down in terms of responsibility, overcoming hardship and owning mistakes, plus some historical context including examples from his career in the SEAL teams. He also occasionally has guests on, one guy who survived being a POW in Vietnam for six years, other military personnel who bounced back from serious injuries and guys who were in the teams with him. Harley Flannigan from Cro-Mags was also on at one point, that one's a fantastic listen. Dude has lives an absolutely bananas life in the hardcore scene.

• Like 1

@DisgracedCosmonautWelcome to the forum.

This guy was a guest / regular on the SOFREP podcast. Used to listen to that one a lot, but felt it got too commercialized. Like it was more about turning it into a business than focusing on having a good podcast. Then after all the controversy with the founder of it, just moved on.

Recall Jocko though... Believe he was one of the oldest SEALs to go through BUDS. Also was unusual since he had fairly recently immigrated from another country. Jocko was fun to listen to though. 

Will check it out, but bet you’d really like the Team Never Quit podcast. Really good, go check that one out. Posted a link further back in this thread. 

• 1 month later...

Two good pods out this week:

Intelligence matters with the Dir. of National Counter Intelligence - https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/intelligence-matters/id1286906615?mt=2

National Security Pod about election security in the US and Europe - https://www.policyforum.net/national-security-podcast-securing-elections-fighting-fake-news/

Regardless of what you think regards the efficacy of voting, there's some pretty interesting shit going down around elections throughout the world and both these pods go into it.

Mine all tend to be graff/art related.

IMG_4696.thumb.PNG.f22e00d391bc52a03e985f52d901324c.PNG

F24 is mad I don't listen to all them but more the graff focused episodes

My life in letters would be good if the cunt got around to releasing more episodes.

Bench talk ditto  but the guy is on holidays so that's fair enough.

Killa Kela has some good stuff but bleeps out swearing etc with really annoying sound effects.

I've got to widen my circle

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Slow Burn - 2 seasons the first one goes in depth on the Watergate scandal and the second goes in depth on the butthole cigar scandal and Clinton being a rapist.

Risk/The Moth/This is Actually Happening - People tell stories about their lives. Risk can get really freaky, TIAH can get pretty depressing, I actually go to a lot of The Moth "story slams" that are put on near me. It's my favorite of the 3.

Last Podcast on the Left - In depth fact based analysis of serial killers and other pieces of shit throughout history with stupid jokes thrown in. Recently did a several episode exploration of the stupidity of the Donner party. 

Dis/sect  - long form music journalism. Super interesting. So far he has done To Pimp a Butterfly, MBDTF, and Channel ORANGE.

And that graffiti interviews podcast Coupe did had its moments as well. I forget what it's called. Thursday Legends or some shit.

Edited by iloveboxcars
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

On 11/7/2018 at 12:34 AM, iloveboxcars said:

Slow Burn - 2 seasons the first one goes in depth on the Watergate scandal and the second goes in depth on the butthole cigar scandal and Clinton being a rapist.

Risk/The Moth/This is Actually Happening - People tell stories about their lives. Risk can get really freaky, TIAH can get pretty depressing, I actually go to a lot of The Moth "story slams" that are put on near me. It's my favorite of the 3.

Gonna give this a listen 

On 11/8/2018 at 11:44 AM, earmuffs said:

Gonna give this a listen 

Heads up on Risk though. The host is quite possibly the most annoying person I’ve ever come across. He talks for about 5-10 minutes at the beginning of each episode. I highly recommend skipping it. There is no important information there, he just blathers on with the worst voice known to humanity.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some podcasts i always fuck with at work include: 

Joe Rogan Experience

The Nine Club

Last Podcast on the Left 

Monday Morning Podcast

Tangentially Speaking

some i subscribe to but are lower on my list of importance to listen to are: 

Making Sense

BBC Global News

Rip Ride 

Talkin Schmit

One Life, One Chance

The Portal

Mindscape

Mike Giant

Patdown with Ms. Pat

Bowhunting Radio

Jocko Podcast

I also listen to random episodes of certain podcasts i dont subscribe to because i dont want it clogging up my list. 

• Like 1

Bill Burr is legit the funniest guy I've listened to in awhile, but I try to catch some stand up comedy at-least once a month at The Beat Kitchen and Coles. to be honest I don't listen to comedy podcasts and I'm open to seeing whats out there. seriously getting sick of streaming music and listening to NPR. time to change it up a little and add  some variety to the mix when i'm driving

• Like 1