When you catch people being idiots at their job

KILZ FILLZ

Took my car to dealership last week for 90k mile service

Rep told me I needed a new cabin air filter and my timing belt is cracked and needs to be replaced. Told him my car doesn't have said filter and has a timing chain not a belt. IDIOT

today I took my g shock in to a watch shop get the battery replaced. She tells me since it's solar I need to ship it to g shock and have them replace the capacitor. I call g shock an they tell me Nope, rechargeable battery. So I go back and tell her this as well as what kind of battery. I can tell she feels dumb for being wrong.... BUT THEN I CATCH HER TRYING TO INSTALL THE WRONG BATTERY. After I told her specifically which one. (CTL1616 vs CR1616) "it will be ok.".... "Nahhhh look it up please"... Turns out that battery would've ruined my watch. IDIOT.

THIS PLANET NEEDS TO BE NUKED FROM ORBIT.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ex-girl puts her car in for service, gets a call that she needs new brake pads - I'd replaced the pads myself not four months previous. I was near the shop and popped in and asked for a look. Rep takes me out and I said WTF, these pads still have most of their life left in them - he said, "well they were almost halfway worn so we thought you might want to change them".

Get the car off the hoist, no, you're not getting a cent.

• Like 1

I do most if not all my car work that I can. Having a Lift in the fam helps. Had transmission issues on my Elantra when my gears were not working right (manual). Called around and got quoted 400 bucks for a rebuild and a used replacement. Dismantled the manual trans after replacing clutch to find that I had broke a small pin on my linkage that helped change gears. It was a .57 cent pin. Called around. No trans shops carried it and only 3 dealerships in the US had it in stock. Trans shop said I could just use a coat hanger wire..... If I didnt do the work myself I would of wasted 400 bucks for some shmuck to put a coat hanger in my transmission....

Its not a job but I tend to check out some used cars for sale. My 02 Elantra is a great car so I usually scout out any local deals to see if theyre worth it. Some shmuck an hour from me had a black one that looked good in the photos.... SHowed up and played the game but this dude was trying to hustle the piece of crap to me as we test drove it. I countered all his remarks but at the end of the day I wanted to just look at him and say "I just pulled up in the same car that youre trying to sell! Do you really think Im an idiot?"

I had a more substantial experience but I cant remember after my rant....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

employees that steal money from the register when they know cameras are focused on exactly that. then they try to deny it at first and give you the "I dunno why my drawer is short shoulder shrug look". you pull up the video of them stealing and the look on their face is priceless

A guy that is 35 was trying to hammer a sheave onto the shaft of a supply fan motor.

He mushroomed the shaft, so I got to spend an hour or so filing down the shaft and putting on a sheave that was the correct size.

Same guy was working with another guy, it was around lunch time but they needed to lower some stuff off the roof so the one guy goes down the ladder, and 35 year old guy is supposed to rope things down. He ropes one thing down, brings the rope back up then nothing happens for 5 minutes. Guy at the bottom of the ladder goes up to see what's going on to find 35 year old dude eating his sandwich because he was hungry and it was lunch time.

"NEVER MIND I'LL DO IT MYSELF"

Fuck a watch shop. Ordered battery online and did it in a couple mins... Not extremely confident in waterproofing now though......

image.thumb.jpg.e9397ea212739250ae13b252e4259ce0.jpg

• 10 months later...

when you're asked to write/proof something, submit something good, then the owner of the place decides she "has some edits!" and adds whatever-the-fuck including the wrong form of "their." correcting people 10-20 years my senior on 2nd grade grammar is fun and comfortable.

this is why i'm staff writer you stupid asshole

I bought a car from a dealership on Friday. After committing to buy - I had to meet with the 'Finance Manager'. Greasy dude. After 20 minutes of warranty sales pitches I decided to go with the 'free oil changes as long as you own the car' coverage for $599.

He was very happy and quickly printed out an agreement for me to sign. However - he forgot to include the cost of the warranty he just sold me. He laughed it off and said "math is not my strong suit".

I'm thinking - the finance manager - selling what is a pretty substantial purchase decision - is not good at math??

• 3 weeks later...