Yo, I've been logged in for like 6 days...

Fist 666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question: i made this post and attached two images which were enormous because i'm inconsiderate.

but it cut the text in the post off, like so. here's the text (not embedded to avoid the same problem :no18:):

http://i.imgur.com/3jhAS9S.png

the post as it appears to me:

http://i.imgur.com/XufNbwd.png

seems like when you post big images it cuts off the text or something.

What do you mean by not working? Haven't seen any evidence of the news feed not working so definitely interested in knowing about that if you're seeing an issue. Maybe post a screengrab or something?

So as you can see one of the windows isn't even showing up. And then when i clicked "continue reading" it brought my to that page in the second image. (using Chrome on a Mac)

1814350213_Screenshot2015-02-05at10_12_58PM.png.d9d735ae2c71c9da70a8fc96ce5f6f79.png

I am glad you took the time to address my concerns. That gives me hope that things will continue to get fixed and streamlined in the future. Glad to see you still got love for the site.

100887103_Screenshot2015-02-05at10_12_37PM.thumb.png.8657807b85964acb501ed322760a8b7d.png

• Like 2

So as you can see one of the windows isn't even showing up. And then when i clicked "continue reading" it brought my to that page in the second image. (using Chrome on a Mac)

[ATTACH]172033[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]172034[/ATTACH]

I am glad you took the time to address my concerns. That gives me hope that things will continue to get fixed and streamlined in the future. Glad to see you still got love for the site.

Having same issue.

[ATTACH]172033[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]172034[/ATTACH]

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I hadn't seen that before. The third graphic is an ad. I'm guessing you either have an ad blocker installed or you're on a Mac and not running flash in your browser. In the case of the latter, typically there's a graceful deprivation that'll serve up a static graphic, but sometimes the people we work with for ads overlook it on smaller campaigns. The other thing is definitly a bug though, so thanks for catching it. Will definitely dig into it.

As for me responding... Appreciate the positive feedback, not to mention the loyalty and patience you and everyone here has shown through 12oz's 'Dark Ages'. After a few years of working on other stuff and leaving 12oz off on its own, I'm back on this 100%. Shut down my partnership / job to do 12oz full time. The site relaunch is just the first step to make up for lost time and lay down a solid foundation we can build on for the next several years. Lots more coming...

Also just wanted to say I miss being able to send people a little message when you propped them. I know you could just pm them but it's harder to get the context.

definitely

there are no pms anymore, at least none that i can see. there are only "conversations" you cant delete after, which is wack. if im wrong about the lack of pms & the conversations being unable to be deleted, please do let me know (anyone)

didnt necessarily care for the props system too much, but its still way better than this sunny side up like button shit. one should have the option to neg, whether they use it or not

there are no pms anymore, at least none that i can see. there are only "conversations" you cant delete after, which is wack.

..I see an option to "leave" a conversation.

If everybody "left", will the conversation be deleted?

didnt necessarily care for the props system too much, but its still way better than this sunny side up like button shit.

THIS.

Well put.

I know some angry people misused the negging back in the days to vent their frustration, but all in all it was a good thing in my opinion.

To just be able to "like" stuff but not "dislike" / neg somebody is daft.

I asked what people liked and didn't like, I'm not mad about it.

There are going to be qualms with any change, i doubt that anyone is overall totally disappointed with the upgrade, though. Nuanced elements of communication are gone, and that does kinda suck, but overall the whole platform is so superior.

..I see an option to "leave" a conversation.

If everybody "left", will the conversation be deleted?

maybe its like when you delete pms in the old one- it disappears from view but since its the 2000s, nothing really gets deleted. at least that worked. sort of

gonna try that, actually. i just like a clean mailbox is all. if the three people ive had conversations with can also leave said convo (will also do so right after this), lets see if the messages disappear from the list of convos.. working out kinks here

I know some angry people misused the negging back in the days to vent their frustration, but all in all it was a good thing in my opinion.

To just be able to "like" stuff but not "dislike" / neg somebody is daft.

pretty much

PM sent, Meds.

seen

basically clicked on all the conversations and "ignored" them to see & to be fair, its pretty much like the old pms - you can keep your in/out box clear, but someone can still pm you back all the quotes from their in/out box by just starting a new convo with the same content theyve kept record of. pretty much the same shit i guess

Just a different smell.

Thanks for doing the leg work, yo.