Yo, I've been logged in for like 6 days...

Fist 666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mass, you should get adblock.. real talk, havent seen any for a few years. ycmb said there are mcdicks ads on the oontz now? fucking vultures definitely read our fast food thread while playing with themselves

:peace:

Just so you know, its those ads that kept this site from dying forever. They still don't cover costs, but it certainly takes the pain out of it every month. Reality is we should be happy that some brands are willing to put money into 12oz in exchange for us considering their product when out buying something. Not saying you have to buy their goods, but will certainly help 12oz exist and grow if you occasionally click and ad and check their stuff out and if you like it, maybe support them instead of someone else that hasn't bothered supporting us by placing an ad.

Real talk.

hey mods, was posting and got this:

[ATTACH=full]172223[/ATTACH]

(but now i CAN post?)

odd

Yeah, sorry guys... There's definitely going to be a couple glitches every now and again while we fine tune things. This website is a 100% rewrite, so every single line of code is new. Also, we moved to a different server setup so there's also fine tuning the configuration of it, which largely happens as we see what happens with live traffic.

If you spot an issue, send a screen grab and a summary to info@12ozprophet.com and we'll look into it and do our best to fix things.

Thanks for the patience in the meantime and do all of us a favor and let people know the site relaunched and ALL 12oz member accounts are recoverable.

Thanks

• Like 2

when i say vultures, i dont mean you, but rather those good (well just say good) people at mcdicks surfing our fast food thread for opportunities. dont take it the wrong way. i appreciate what youve done here- may or may not have met a few people off here & they were good people, although some were fking losers. point is, i like that 12oz is here (among countless others) despite differing opinions regarding how one shouldnt put themselves online (or it should be this or that amount, but in this way & not that, etc). & its obviously completely hypocritical/cynical/counter-productive for me to not click ads, let alone see them, or choose to let them in my head more, but im just being honest in the fact that i have no desire to do that, despite my respective props to you for maintaining this whole shit over the years

when i say vultures, i dont mean you, but rather those good (well just say good) people at mcdicks surfing our fast food thread for opportunities. dont take it the wrong way. i appreciate what youve done here- may or may not have met a few people off here & they were good people, although some were fking losers. point is, i like that 12oz is here (among countless others) despite differing opinions regarding how one shouldnt put themselves online (or it should be this or that amount, but in this way & not that, etc). & its obviously completely hypocritical/cynical/counter-productive for me to not click ads, let alone see them, or choose to let them in my head more, but im just being honest in the fact that i have no desire to do that, despite my respective props to you for maintaining this whole shit over the years

LOL, I feel you man... Believe it or not, I'm super freakin' weirded out about putting yourself online. I think ultimately I've accepted as a fact of life... There's no chance of putting that genie back in the bottle short of the zombie apocalypse deading the worlds interest in the internet (and the NSA interest in keeping tabs on all of it). Fact is, unless you're living your life off grid completely, and even then its questionable as we have satellites that can read a newspaper from space and are on the cusp of drones being a part of every day life, not posting shit on the internet probably doesn't make a dick of difference in the grand scheme of who you need to be concerned about. In fact, these days I'd guess not having a robust Facebook profile and active social accounts probably stand out like a red flag more than following the current with everyone else. Actually good subject matter for a thread if anyone wants to put on the tin foil cap and start it up.

know what you mean. & these days, its common for people to have their bosses on fb & such, you know? its like you dont even get to really leave work ever, in case you say something out of line or some dumb frivolous shit like that. straight up, ones boss doesnt have to know what you had for dinner, & if they wished to inquire such info, theyd have to have something in common with me in the 1st place, such as coming on 12oz & reading a post regarding that pointless info lol. guess not as much anymore, but you do occasionally run into the person whos normal as fuh that just doesnt have fb nor twitter. not really down with instagram, but flickr was always a good one. anyway, the forums been pretty good after the return of full sized flicks so word to that

you do occasionally run into the person whos normal as fuh that just doesnt have fb nor twitter. not really down with instagram, but flickr was always a good one. anyway, the forums been pretty good after the return of full sized flicks so word to that

no Facebook or twitter here. Instagram pretty regularly but haven't ever posted my face or anyone I know, don't usually post text along w the pics either. Don't watch tv (Netflix) or listen to the radio (pandora). Shit is nice. Still, people I've known for a while don't fucking get it. FB is just a giant collection of either people complaining or bragging. I don't want to do either of those and don't want to read either of those.

Actually seeing family instead of social media FTW

Staying active & out if the house FTW

Actually catching up w people I haven't seen because I'm in the dark w what their day to day is like FTW

• Like 1

I like the minimalist approach to the look of 12oz. I'm not getting blasted by advertisements everywhere like before. the website operates very smooth on my phone which means I can have some quality 12oz time while I'm sitting on the shitter at work. thumbs up!!

• Like 1

I have a ton of ideas on how to improve things and in fact have a roadmap for at least the next 12 - 18 months, but fact is I need to let the dust settle and work on some of the revenue strategies to keep this whole thing funded. Ads can definitely be obtrusive sometimes, but without the, there's just no way to maintain this site. If anything, I would hope some of you guys would remember to click ads occasionally because its the only thing currently providing funding to keep this place going and the more of that we earn, the more we're able to build.

@misteraven - my image posts are double-attaching. i was using IMGUR but it's happened with direct upload, too

http://12ozprophet.com/forum/threads/new-forum-bench.142520/#post-8783349

looked at the link and not sure I saw it (or maybe its been edited). this is the first I've heard of it, but I'll keep an eye out to see if its an isolated incident or if its happening with other people as well. thanks for the heads up though.