Yo, I've been logged in for like 6 days...

Fist 666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny that things that were considered a fault are now being missed.

I can see if I can break the login system again so you guys can login every 15 minutes or so? :grimacing:

Think my favorite part is not having to ignore a hundred emails a day about not being able to login since the old system was too fucked up to be able to do anything about it. A close second is how when you post it just fades in without the page load.

Funny that things that were considered a fault are now being missed.

And those things are?

I miss seeing working gifs and images not having to go in their own window, i miss not seeing a bunch of coding stuff all over the place.

I think that the text is too dark against the background.

I wish the feed at the top was gone, if it has to stay at least make it work.

Other things are just little annoyances.

I like the post submitting going into the thread

I like being able to play youtube on the forum

I like STAYING LOGGED IN!

I miss seeing working gifs and images not having to go in their own window, i miss not seeing a bunch of coding stuff all over the place.

I get that and though I think I started the GIF super thread years ago, it still manages to crash browsers all these years later. All in all with 30%+ of traffic coming from mobile devises and the animation being funny in GIF threads and annoying everywhere else, I made the decision to demote the feature from displaying inline. Sorry bro.

I think that the text is too dark against the background.

This is a tough balance on a dark theme. Because people have their brightness and contrast setup differently its a fine line between being too dark and kind of vibrating against the dark because its too contrasty. I might bump it a notch, but in testing I've actually seen it be both too dark and to bright on different machines.

I wish the feed at the top was gone, if it has to stay at least make it work.

What do you mean by not working? Haven't seen any evidence of the news feed not working so definitely interested in knowing about that if you're seeing an issue. Maybe post a screengrab or something? That being said, though the forum has mostly lived in a bubble, in order to stay relevant and competitive, we need to step it up. I could have left this site abandoned as I have mostly done these last few years, but its really expensive to keep online. So the choice was to either pull the plug or figure out how to bring it back to being relevant, if not at the top of the game as once were. I have way too much time and money invested to dismiss it and truth is that as I get older, I find myself moving back towards the things that I once really had love for. So I made the choice to drop what I was doing and rebuild 12oz back into something I can get excited about and proud of. No doubt there's going to be some trial and error now that I'm trying to push forward again, but hey... at least 12ozProphet is on its way back!

I like the post submitting going into the thread

I like being able to play youtube on the forum

I like STAYING LOGGED IN!

Yeah, the ajax replies and how it no longer reloads the page is a personal favorite. Keep in mind this is only phase 1... I got years worth of catching up to do, but point is someone's back in charge and I'm rallying up some old members and some new members to build a team that will get this place popping again.

In the meantime, enjoy!

Is there a way to increase font size on the site? Even if only in the reply box? Maybe bolder letters? Anyone else having visibility issues?

Dark backgrounds are always a pain in the ass... Too subtle and its hard to read. Too contrasty and the words are hard to read cause they seem to vibrate on the page. I've tested this design on a dozen different displays and have tried to find a sweet spot, but admittedly it's also looked too subtle or too contrasty on some monitors since the quality and settings vary across them. I have been considering slightly larger text, but to be honest, I'm not sure how that'll impact things since the design is based around this size. Could just flow a little longer or could start distorting some portions of the design.

Thats aid, every browser I know of allows you to zoom.

On a more on-topic note, glad that the login works and user sessions seem stable. I still need to implement the bridge that'll allow logged in people to also comment on news and blog posts, but looks like smooth sailing finally. I plan to start rally the crew and promoting heavily ass soon as we make some final tweaks an get that bridge going, but in the meantime, it would be greatly appreciated if you could help spread the word... All old user accounts are in the system and accessible via the 'lost password' link. Anyone still locked out only needs to email info@12ozprophet.com and someone will definitely help recover locked accounts.

Wanted to thank all guys for sticking it out in during the 12ozProphet Dark Ages and personally welcome you to the dawn of the 12ozProphet Age of Enlightenment. :praying: