Heads up, its about to get emojilicious up in here...

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

:telephonereceiver::menholdinghands::deciduous::deciduous::fire::chartingup::beercheers::beermug::pizza::bluecar::palmtree::evergreen::deciduous::cactus::snowflake::sunflower::tulip::bug::mapleleaf::train::nopedestrians::lock::scissors::openlock::lightrail::railwaycar::railwaycar::railwaycar::railwaycar::artpalette::artpalette::artpalette::camera::pignose::pigface::pig::policeofficer::raisedhands::runner::runner::policecar::runner::runner::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::policecar::runner::runner::praying::handfist::handfist::handfist::100::100::100::womenholdinghands::menholdinghands::handpointright::handok::crown::crown::boom::boom::zap::zap::sparkles::sparkles:

Work is boring.

I've got an uncle that is serious about recording music and transferring data and still swears by mini discs, not sure why.

My ex father in law still uses his mobile mini disc recorder to pirate live shows.

I believe it's because they are capable of playing FLAC formatted audio files with ease. It's better quality.

I believe it's because they are capable of playing FLAC

..never heard of this.

Mini Disc originally recorded in Sony's own "Atrac" codec, with a variable bitrate, quality was below regular Audio CD's (still very good though).

Later there was (more compressed) "LP" (long play) recording modes, allowing to save twice / four times as much music on a disc, with lower quality of course.

Later, Hi-MD followed, allowing higher quality, though this is also an obsolete format by now.

MP3 / WAV recorders are just more convenient nowadays..

..never heard of this.

Mini Disc originally recorded in Sony's own "Atrac" codec, with a variable bitrate, quality was below regular Audio CD's (still very good though).

Later there was (more compressed) "LP" (long play) recording modes, allowing to save twice / four times as much music on a disc, with lower quality of course.

Later, Hi-MD followed, allowing higher quality, though this is also an obsolete format by now.

MP3 / WAV recorders are just more convenient nowadays..

You probably know more about this kind of stuff than I do tbh. I just remember my dad talking about FLAC back in the mid 00's when we both were using minidisc players.

..................:ear::eyes::ear:

.........................:nose:

.........................:mouth:...............................................:tm:

:hand::bmssquare::bmssquare::blsquare::blsquare::blsquare::bmssquare::bmssquare::thumbsup:

....................:blsquare::blsquare::blsquare:

....................:bmsquare::bmsquare::bmsquare:

....................:bsbutton::cactus::bsbutton:

....................:bsbutton:......:bsbutton:

.............:wmssquare::bsbutton:......:bsbutton::wmssquare:

• Like 3