Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
injury

I'M DRY

i was never a dry skin person until a year or two ago.

now, it drops below 40 or so and all of a sudden i'm sandpaper.

(washing my hands all the time doesn't help)

any recommendations to keep moisturized 'n'all are welcome.

i could pony up and hit cvs for $10 hand/jerkoff lotion but i feel like one of you has something better

^a coworker of mine used aquaphor on her chapped lips and swore by it...

i use a lotion called "hempz" and it works pretty good....its a bit costly though.

if you want a really cheap lotion, you can get the queen helene cocoa butter lotion in walmart's african american section...you can get a 32 oz bottle for like $2 and it will last a long time...im still on a bottle from last year.

if you need to get small area of dryness, like knuckles or elbows, you could get some tea tree oil.

if you have ashy feet, you can get jr watkins peppermint footcream....this shit is cheap and works good:

https://www.jrwatkins.com/bath-and-body.aspx?facet={792FD0AF-0B8B-4A82-9ED0-CF7CF74460B0}%2C{178EDBF7-CA80-4E2D-93D4-911ED501AA2D}

and the cheap route is just to jack the lotion from hotel rooms everytime you go out of town...i have a collection lol.

Aquaphor.

There is a generic Aquaphor at most grocery stores that is half the price and is the exact same product, just different label.

a friend was goin off about aquaphor the other day.

i like jergens ultra healing

jgs_dryskin_01_img_l.jpg

i was also reading the other day, a dermatologist saying using your hands and soap in the shower is good enough

loofahs, scrubbies, washcloths just rob your skin of teh moisture.

i threw out my scrubby

My first thought was to ask a black guy what he uses when he is ashy.

I keep a small thing of lotion in my car. Nothing special, just regular cheap lotion.

I've always moisturised after showers etc..I find it weird that people wouldn't. Think the best type moisuturisers contain hyualronic acid which helps the skin hold water, might be more something you just use on the face though

mix COCONUT oil into your regular diet. it replaces the use for butter and oils for cooking. it helps you retain moisture and stay hydrated, gives you spf, and tastes great. it can double as lube & message oil too.

really its a life changer

i cant look at this brand anymore without thinkin of that one eminem lyric.

HAHAHAA word.

also. i realized recently if you have chapped skin, like on your nose when you get a cold

put vitamin E oil on it.

heals right up

I found some stuff at Home Depot last year called working hands or something. It's in a round canister, it was like 8 bucks but it has no scent and works pretty good, and i guess because you find it at a hardware store it makes you feel less pussy.

• Like 1

For the scalp I like a tar shampoo, "Grandpas pine tar shampoo"

Occasionally a treatment with PHYTO elixir

For the hands I like the little tins of Nivea

For the feet I like Weleda foot balm, they are a good brand all around with a great deodorant and a product called skin food that works very well for dry skin.

For chafing problems around the ass or inner thighs I use a diaper rash ointment called Boudreaux's butt paste, high zink content is the key.

Middle age is awesome.

I work in a mining environment which as let to some other skin problems, for the nostrils a swab a bit of bacitracin with a q tip.

yeah i get hands and face, should have clarified.

many many tips in here though. i'll be greasy for days

word. never heard of it til now

coworker is due in january, guess what she's gettin

I fucking hate any type of cream or lotion on me, I can't even wear sun block, it just feels nasty.

I'm probably missing out on dope baby lotion massages or some shit but I hate it

• Like 1

For the face use weleda soothing face cream, or in the summer Vichy sunscreen, it's dope for sunscreen.

everything I have ever used just makes me feel greasy, even once it has fully absorbed

I'm just gonna stick without, I live in England not like sun is a problem for me!

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now