It's Finally Happened

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thanks Fist.

After lurking for so long I've pretty well read through critical mass in TS, and even though this doesn't have to do with freights, it fits right in with the general idea. This is (edit: potentially) going to be a shit storm. We pretty narrowly avoided mass bitch-niggary with the Bieber incident and I'm thinking this is pretty well going to put the cherry on top. Just wanted to know the general consensus on the implications some shit like this is going to have for dudes doin what they do. The only thing i can say that's a little comforting is that they have left "graffiti" out of their marketing thus far and kept it strictly to the term "Street Art".

• Like 1

can't say its a surprise, graffiti cultures dead.

i'm done getting angry about it. i am proud to have been apart of a real movement, subculture, lifestyle that was as pure as anything before, or after its time. so many things about it made sense to me, now none of it does so i don't try to make any sense of it.

i do things just for me now, albeit in smaller much more calculated doses. i don't pay attention online or hang out with younger writers, i don't care about whats going on wherever.

i just do it for me, its better that way. it also keeps things exciting again here and there when i see something dope or get out and do something dope. its like the isolation brings it back pre-internet, pre-mass access. back when it was about areas/cities/regions when you didn't know about other styles and when you got so stoked seeing them when an out of town dude would roll through or some shit.

its actually helped me not hate graffiti, which is what happened for a few years.

• Like 1

this show looks like it'll be boring for anyone who's ever done illegal things, but the rest of the easily entertained nation will like it. so it's like anything else packaged for tv. meh, whatever ... i ain't threatened. maybe one of them will get shot at or something

what's it like lurking here for 8 (!!!) years?

Haha, honestly, I've never felt like my input was necessarily productive and I would be just another asshole clogging up a thread without contributing. I came on periodically since middle and high school just to catch up on some flicks and see what was going on in different areas. I read the whole head on thread too, I don't advise doing so. This is the first thing I just wanted to see some input/discussion on. I can just see this show taking off (wait, it's on oxygen, nevermind) and every fuckshit and their mother wanting to be fuckshit&mamaoner trying to do what we do and realizing the probability of having a gun pulled on them or their face stomped in (that better be a fucking contest in an episode) is much greater than having people appreciate your super pretty street art on TV. Are you starting to see where the not productive input thing came into play? I just think it's going to bring to the table a whole shitstorm of swolen-headed, heat bringing, whiny ass little bastards into what the internet already made a pretty fucked up situation.

Shits lame

But will prob flop and be forgotten about

Btw they've already bee doing this for a while. There was a show on Bravo my ex used to watch called Work of Art or something. Like project runway but w art

They were always doing "graffiti murals" and stencil projects and challenges

Everything is cyclical. If shit blows up any more it will bust sooner than normal. Which is ok.

Atleast around here we have tag bangers, surenos, and bloods to keep most of the toys scared and off the streets. PLUS- say a kid does go to a yard to do shitty throws, think of it as free buff for the next guy. Or depending on your mentality a free chance to punk them for their paint.

Semi related------ free Cost! Anyone else read that story? Take a 15 yr hiatus just to come back and get busted. Ouch!

i can't say i'm fucked cuz the world around me is asinine

way more concise/understandable version of what i was trying to say

Haha, honestly, I've never felt like my input was necessarily productive and I would be just another asshole clogging up a thread without contributing. I came on periodically since middle and high school just to catch up on some flicks and see what was going on in different areas. I read the whole head on thread too, I don't advise doing so. This is the first thing I just wanted to see some input/discussion on. I can just see this show taking off (wait, it's on oxygen, nevermind) and every fuckshit and their mother wanting to be fuckshit&mamaoner trying to do what we do and realizing the probability of having a gun pulled on them or their face stomped in (that better be a fucking contest in an episode) is much greater than having people appreciate your super pretty street art on TV. Are you starting to see where the not productive input thing came into play? I just think it's going to bring to the table a whole shitstorm of swolen-headed, heat bringing, whiny ass little bastards into what the internet already made a pretty fucked up situation.

i think they'll be alright. also, ALL of us are clogging up threads with trash, add some of your own. you know? make it yours.

Semi related------ free Cost! Anyone else read that story? Take a 15 yr hiatus just to come back and get busted. Ouch!

the police report is unbelievably self congratulatory. i bet they needed new shorts at the precinct. at least the statute of limitations is probably long expired in most of those cases (right?)