*Official 2015-16 NFL Thread* year of "Mawkus Meriotto?"

UPS!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

definitely not trying to jump the gun on that new AP stuff, from the article posted it really doesn't come across as a sexual assault situation though who knows.

ill also say that people would be very surprised to learn about how many charities are just tax washes and if brought to light, would be referred to as fraudulent.

defiantly doesn't exactly polish up someones image or even respectability for that matter but it is actually very normal. wether that makes it right or not remains to be seen, but normal yes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11662904/adrian-peterson-disputes-claims-twitter-diatribe-1st-court-appearance

^^ an article talking about those new claims against peterson and how he's taken to twitter addressing them which to me, shows he's legit aout it.

only an idiot would start yapping about serious allegations like those on social media, specifically during an actual federal case on a different front.

i call bullshit onnem, or at least exaduration to various degrees.

some of those penalties seemed alittle suspect.. nfl refs trying to prevent blowouts

A. Peterson's story getting wilder

Did you see the Bengals-Patriots game?

I've seen some bad calls, but never in my life has it been so blatant that the refs are trying to keep games close than the Skins-Hawks & Bengals-Patriots.

Like there aren't enough flags anyway, but when they're that one sided it just becomes unwatchable.

I stand by my statement that there needs to be less teams, thus providing more quality teams to compete. Upsets happen, but there are way too many trash teams in the league to be talking about adding yet another team.

So how about my boy Bazooka Joe?

I really wish they had let him go for the record, but i'll take a W and nearly 50 points on

the road. Hell of a game yesterday, and no I don't care it was against the Bucs.

Even though it eliminated me from my survivor pool I'm glad that Dallas embarrassed the

Shithawks, their bandwagon fans are unbearable. All of a sudden Seattle looks just like another good team, not the demi-gods the media makes them out to be.

The Giants performance last night is probably the worst I have seen this year other than the Bucs @ Atlanta earlier this year. Pathetic doesn't do them justice.

I really wish the Bengals had lost, but we'll just take that AFCN crown the old fashion way.

Have any of you actually gone to a game this year? I'm hoping to make the Baltimore-Titans game on November 4th.

giants game was an albatross. cant justify talking shit if you dont even show up to play the game.

woulda settled on just having it be a close game but they just couldnt compete.. whatever its pretty safe to say the giants can only beat crappy teams. sux about cruz too, oh well. at least hockey season is starting up

^thats my favorite gif of all time, in any category.

Dez and Murray went off yesterday, so stoked about this offense.

Not sure why teams don't continue to pass against us, we get absolutely no pressure on QB's. You saw how easy Eli moved the ball in the 4th? Whatever though, I'll take it.

Pretty easy schedule this year, could easily end up 10-1 by the time we face the Eagles on thanksgiving.

It's nice to see the Ravens stomping basically every team we play.

It kills me that they could easily be undefeated or 6-1 more reasonably.

This weekends game at Cincy will be a huge game in terms of setting the tone for the second

half of the season.

If the Ravens win convincingly @ the Bengals house, we easily take the AFCN and honestly other than the Broncos, Colts & Chargers there isn't a team in the AFC that could even dream of beating the Ravens right now.

The Cowboys are looking legit, still they've never beaten the Ravens though..

^thats my favorite gif of all time, in any category.

Dez and Murray went off yesterday, so stoked about this offense.

Not sure why teams don't continue to pass against us, we get absolutely no pressure on QB's. You saw how easy Eli moved the ball in the 4th? Whatever though, I'll take it.

Pretty easy schedule this year, could easily end up 10-1 by the time we face the Eagles on thanksgiving.

You can count me as one who brushed Dallas off in the preseason thinking they would stink it up this year with all their defensive players leaving/hurt. They've held it together and I can't hate on em right now. Murray is killin it and Dez is a monster. You got past the tough part of your schedule and the Eagles are about to hit theirs...I can't fucking wait until the Thanksgiving game!

I feel like the Eagles have been stinking up the joint and still putting up W's. If they can get the O-line healthy as well as a few other players on D they can play solid football for the home stretch. 5-1 with the offense sputtering? I'll take it! Special teams has been putting up numbers!

I was positive the D would stink it up before the year started. The biggest difference between this year and last year is the offense stays on the field longer because of a good run game, so the D gets rest on the sidelines. I'm convinced that the key to a good football team is a good offensive line now. It all trickles down from there. Hopefully other teams don't take notice, lol

Yea I can't wait until thanksgiving either. True test for both teams, plus it's a holiday!

I don't know...both Seattle and 49ers seem to have taken a step back.

49ers get their shit pushed in when playing solid teams.

Seattle got hosed on that fumble call in St.Louis but still looked awful(other than my boy DangerRuss)...

They remind me alot of the Ravens, during the regular season you don't know really what to make of them, but no one in the league wants to play any of those three in the playoffs.

With Dallas, Philly, Green Bay & the arbitrary NFCS team.... It really comes down to who wins the contest between the two. I think the 49ers make it, Seattle continues the trend of Super Bowl hangovers.

I really try to never blame the officiating and let me be clear, a game should never come down to one call...but robbing Flacco & Steve Smith of that 80 yarder has left me disgusted with football... somehow I feel like if that had been Brady or Manning we'd be seeing it all over sportscenter, but such is life in being a fan of a small market team.

I'm pretty done with football right now to be honest...yes in part because I'm salty at how my team plays when I actually get to watch them, but the game feels pretty watered down this year. Too many games are blowouts or decided by suspect officiating.

Three things that need to change in the NFL:

1. Officiating needs to be more consistent, too many times big plays get called back by something that has nothing to do with the play, or something that goes on constantly but only seems to get called at opportune moments.

2. There needs to be LESS teams, not more teams. With 32 teams in the league, there just aren't enough quality players as it is, and with the guarantee of injury, teams are consistently forced to field mediocre players who make the game uninteresting to watch. The number of teams should be cut in half, with 16 teams there would be a much higher quality of game and the league would not be dominated by 3 or 4 teams every season.

3. Big money contracts have to go. Simple enough, once players get paid they just simply aren't as driven and thus their play drops off, not always drastically but it happens in almost all cases. Why workout 6 days a week once you're guaranteed $10 million a year, regardless of how you play? It's bullshit, and alot of teams are going to be handcuffed on the business end by a handful of players.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty done with football right now to be honest...yes in part because I'm salty at how my team plays when I actually get to watch them, but the game feels pretty watered down this year. Too many games are blowouts or decided by suspect officiating.

Three things that need to change in the NFL:

1. Officiating needs to be more consistent, too many times big plays get called back by something that has nothing to do with the play, or something that goes on constantly but only seems to get called at opportune moments.

2. There needs to be LESS teams, not more teams.

3. Big money contracts have to go.

they took back that damn touchdown

then that pittsburgh defeat was brutal. i couldn't watch the fourth quarter.

but i am so much less invested in the outcome of these games than i was even last season.

i'm starting to really tire of the things you mentioned too

and i cannot stand the hype associated with [all] pro sports now

i'm tired of carrie underwood belting out a seriously like 3 minute long song before a fucking monday night game. i'm tired. so tired, of listening to the analysis and the announcers.

and i'm getting tired of watching millionaires toss a ball around.

i think i am more upset than them at a loss sometimes.

they're all standing around shaking hands after the game like yeah buoy. i'm still gonna collect that fat ass check regardless of the outcome of this dumb ass game.

That's what I'm saying, certain teams get calls, some get called. Nature of the biz.

In my 8 or so years as a Ravens fan that was probably the hardest game to watch/worse loss I've witnessed....last years games @ Denver and home against the Pats were pretty bad, and there were a few playoff defeats to the Steelers in Flacco's earlier years but last Sunday was disgusting on every front.

Sports really are hyped the fuck out, they're wayyyy too important and emotional.

People are getting stabbed and paralyzed, that's when shit has to calm the fuck down.

The pundits are what I'm tired of listening to. These tools are the ficklest fucking people on Earth, they make bullshit predictions then when they get them wrong they pass it off like ''hey how can you guess football?''. Then when they get it right they act like they're a fucking swami.

The last part says it all...I had the same conversation with a friend last night. The fans get more upset and emotionally involved than the players. These assholes just got embarrassed on national TV in front of millions and yet they're all smiles because they get paid whether they suck or not.

And that is exactly why big juicy contracts have to go, change to a performance based set up with a fair base. Next year the Ravens have to pay 9.5million dollars of cap space to Ray Rice and lose that spending ability for doing the right thing.

Fuck it, I knew this day would come and it seems like it's been here I just happened to realize it this week at the end of an ass kicking a la horrible play and horrible officiating.