RI<P Jay Adams

therealcityonsmash

Jay_Dogtown3_zps01e9555a.jpg

Jay Adams dead, RIP.

I'm nearing my mid 30's, spent there better part of my earlier years skateboarding and never really knew anything about him till the dog town movies came out. Obviously finding a space in everyones minds after that he made the mark he always should have.

Reading further afterwards about him was even wilder, murder charges to trafficking and long stints this guy was as cutty as it get which to most for most aint nothin more than knucklehead shit but he was different. Part of something special and surrounded by greatness.

He was greatness, REST IN PEACE JAY ADAMS.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I read that.

Making it a hate crime makes it a headline. Whether it was or wasn't... who can say? Punk rock has typically been a haven for the gays. My friends that were socal punks of that era seem to agree that it simply was a violent time; some of the wildest fight stories I've ever heard came from guys in that scene. Jay Adams never struck me as a Bonehead...

Since I started following Vice on FB I've lost a lot of respect for them. Its one thing to intelligently hate on something, but hating on absolutely everything without any particular sense of wit or proof or cause is just annoying and trite.

iv got two statements in reply to this.

1) i have been highly outspoken about vice magazine and everything that goes with it, i have just recently discovered the hob series that bill maher and it may be the best news television around. doesn't mean I'm on board with the globalization of underground commercialization that vice has catapulted into there pocketbooks out of the cultures bleeding and blackbooks but what this show has showed me is a whole lot about whats really going on out there.

it's also allowed me to go back to a time in the mid/late 90's as a canadian kid into all the shit that a canadian zine was putting out at that time, for free.

interesting to see just how big there reach has grown, albeit far, far removed now from canada.

2) respect to jay adams and his passing isn't about a celebration of another person's darkest doings, its a celebration how someone amidst a world of darkest doings can bare impact and breed creativeness transcending himself, his life and his own personal world.

personally for me, the ones whom i respect the greatest from afar are the ones whom overcome adversity on there own terms, or on others, by doing things there way. don't mean i gotta agree with, condone or even respect what they do beyond that.

and for the record had i known how big this story would have gotten on social media, other online base's as well as the reality that channel zero really is slow nowadays, id have not made this thread but the fact remains this guys impact on the world and legacy he leaves behind is massive.

and for a guy who did things for anything but building a legacy, thats pretty fuckin dope.

ps fuck vice online fuck vice in print fuck all that shit, THAT is everything thats wrong with vice. all that shit does is mutilate culture by force feeding it down the cultures throat growing the culture only by diluting and cheapening the culture.

shits a joke, why you think its based on hipsterism now, what is hipsterism? OH YA EXPLOITED EVERYTHING DOPE BY PAINTING THE PORTRAIT OF YOURSELF BEING THE ONE WHOM CREATED IT.

fuck outta here with all that shit, same reason all graffiti looks the same. same reason this hipster gene has swept over the indi globe like a tsunami of stirofoam straight jackets.

the hbo show is next level, guerrilla style journalism with as much integrity as it has creativity.

2) respect to jay adams and his passing isn't about a celebration of another person's darkest doings, its a celebration how someone amidst a world of darkest doings can bare impact and breed creativeness transcending himself, his life and his own personal world.

personally for me, the ones whom i respect the greatest from afar are the ones whom overcome adversity on there own terms, or on others, by doing things there way. don't mean i gotta agree with, condone or even respect what they do beyond that.

and for a guy who did things for anything but building a legacy, thats pretty fuckin dope.

this is a good eulogy