Australia

TheoHuxtable..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1eny.jpg

Speaking of Vegemite, my homegirl from Brisbane gave me this tube of Vegemite last time she was in LA a few months back. Still too scared to try it. She did say "use a lot of butter." What's the difference between this and Marmite?

She also gave me this DVD "The Castle" and I have no idea what that is... and I doubt it will work on my DVD player anyway. Maybe it will on the computer with certain software...

Then this "Hilltop Hoods" CD. She said it's one of the few Australian rap groups she isn't "embarrassed" of. Tried listening to a few tracks. Don't know anything about this but I like the beats. She said most rap in Australia is called "BBQ rap" where it's just white dudes rapping about regular life... like shopping at Woolworth's or whatever they do... Like a bunch of Asher Roths.

theo, you should hella try that vegemite...let us know what its like...i know you'd give an honest opinion.

btw, i kinda like asher roth....like the song "turnip the beet" (and the video too)

Ha yeah I'll try it maybe tomorrow and report back... I don't keep butter in the house but I may buy some. Heard the butter makes it more tolerable.

theo, you should hella try that vegemite...let us know what its like...i know you'd give an honest opinion.

So yeah I got to try the Vegemite this morning... Best way to describe it is that it tastes like soy sauce, but in a thicker paste form and the salty taste is stronger. It also has a slight hint of an artificial meat flavor, almost like the beef Ramen.

It's not terrible though, and I can see how it's more of an acquired taste, but it's not something I'll go out of my way to eat.

I think I wasn't too phased because I already had an idea of what to expect after hearing about other people trying it... They said it tastes similar to soy sauce. I also just put a thin layer of it on the bread and used lots of butter. A lot of Americans go into it just eating a spoonful out of the jar expecting it to taste sweet like jelly or Nutella. Nothing like it.

I don't see how one can eat this stuff for breakfast in the morning as a spread. It seems like it should be used more as an ingredient for cuisines... like for marinating fish or seasoning rice or something to add a certain flavor. Which is why I think it's more suited for things like Vegemite Pizza or whatever.

I'm going to see if I can acquire a taste for it though... I won't throw the rest of it away. Try and use it here and there.

• Like 1

So yeah I got to try the Vegemite this morning... Best way to describe it is that it tastes like soy sauce, but in a thicker paste form and the salty taste is stronger. It also has a slight hint of an artificial meat flavor, almost like the beef Ramen.

It's not terrible though, and I can see how it's more of an acquired taste, but it's not something I'll go out of my way to eat.

I think I wasn't too phased because I already had an idea of what to expect after hearing about other people trying it... They said it tastes similar to soy sauce. I also just put a thin layer of it on the bread and used lots of butter. A lot of Americans go into it just eating a spoonful out of the jar expecting it to taste sweet like jelly or Nutella. Nothing like it.

I don't see how one can eat this stuff for breakfast in the morning as a spread. It seems like it should be used more as an ingredient for cuisines... like for marinating fish or seasoning rice or something to add a certain flavor. Which is why I think it's more suited for things like Vegemite Pizza or whatever.

I'm going to see if I can acquire a taste for it though... I won't throw the rest of it away. Try and use it here and there.

Props for actually trying it properly on a piece of buttered toast and not out of the jar like a lot of first timers do .. I don't eat the shit out of the jar and I was raised on it.

It's interesting hearing about how some people can't imagine having it in the morning, I can't stand anything sweet when I wake up... 2 pieces of toast w/ vegemite & coffee every damn morning.

breakfast changed my life!...when i dont eat in the morning, i feel sluggish, but when i do i have lots more energy.

thanks for the review theo...youve been propped.

i remember on a trip to israel the weird stuff they had at breakfast..they did have pastries and stuff, but they also had fish...and one day they had fettuccine alfredo...ew.

my breakfast usually contains toast, hard-boiled or scrambled eggs, triangular laughing cow spreadable cheese, orange juice, fiber & vitamins/supplements.

if im really on the go though, i do a bowl of cheerios with nonfat milk.

if im really really on the go, i just grab a protein or cereal bar.