Just curious... Do you oontz on Instagram?

misteraven

Wondering how many of you guys still active here on the forum are also following 12oz on Instagram?

http://www.instagram.com/12ozprophet

We've been maintaining on there pretty solid and also plan to use it and our other social accounts to announce the new website when the time comes.

Anyhow, was just curious how many of you guys follow us there or with other social platforms?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I use IG for real life shit mostly. I don't follow people I don't know (for the most part) and I don't follow some people I DO know. I follow a few brands/businesses/etc. but not many. When your feed is filled with a bunch of companies, it begins to feel like you're flipping through a magazine, which I'm not into.

That's my insight, anyway.

Wondering how many of you guys still active here on the forum are also following 12oz on Instagram?

http://www.instagram.com/12ozprophet

We've been maintaining on there pretty solid and also plan to use it and our other social accounts to announce the new website when the time comes.

Anyhow, was just curious how many of you guys follow us there or with other social platforms?

i don't have IG, already have facebook and that's enough ...

for the kind of content 12oz puts out you should be using IG pretty religiously, focus on that and tie it to twitter.

facebook's on the way out/dead.

I had a long detailed response and suggestions about the website but the server overloaded message fucking destroyed it. The internet can go fuck itself now.

No, I don't IG, the pics are too small to properly appreciate the visuals. I came here 7 years ago because of graf and it's the only reason I stay. Never understood why people would choose a platform with low-res pics to look at pics.

I see instagram as pretty central to keeping up with "my scene" (that sounds pretentious, but that's how I mainly keep up with graf and the live illustration scene I am part of).

I follow Oontz (and now a couple of the 12oz mods as of yeterday) on insta but I never seem to catch any of the updates on insta first time round.

I read recently actually about how social media is looking for businesses at the moment at they stressed the importance of posting different material to different channels to hit the appropriate demographics more (ie 'ctahcing' different audiences, rather than relying on the same one to check everything). The idea is why would people follow more than one channel if the material is identical across them all, which is interesting.

Younger internet users are migrating to tumblr and instagram and yes, inj is right, FB is losing popularity, especially with business pages (as they keep making ridiculous changes, defaulting to Likers not seeing any notifications from the page etc).

The poinst sexcauldron made is relevant there - if people are stopping looking at one channel because of another then the balance isn't quite right. It cuts your audience effectively.

(Should say I tend to stick to Ch0 90% of the time, this is where my oontz community is :)

I agree w/ the lack of sense of community on IG but it isn't really made for that. Now that said, seems things have gone from "no-self promo" to "why don't you have an instagram" and now tons of writers have their own IG selling canvases, stickers, and those painted up model trains. So while I would say that there isn't really a sharing community like there is here, IG definitely adds a personal level that isn't all that up front on a forum such as this.

Another point is that 12oz is very annoying to use on my phone, IG is basically made to use on your phone. I've actually never even tried to use IG on a computer. In reference to the picture quality, I've never thought of them as lo-res, in fact I've often found myself surprised at how good they look. Thus, in my case, I'm able to browse graff pics so well on my phone that I have no real need to do so on a computer anymore. Kids coming up today looking at this stuff are just gonna bypass the forum scene altogether imo.

Also, Facebook is something I dropped awhile ago.

I don't consider it a good thing. Filled with bigots, racists, and crazies, that I do not need in my life.

Bloodfart was cool though.

for basically the exact same reason, i also quit FB about 1.5 years ago

i follow 12oz on IG but the age of message boards are out.

totally, completely cosign

I had a long detailed response and suggestions about the website but the server overloaded message fucking destroyed it. The internet can go fuck itself now.

No, I don't IG, the pics are too small to properly appreciate the visuals. I came here 7 years ago because of graf and it's the only reason I stay. Never understood why people would choose a platform with low-res pics to look at pics.

if i write a long post, on any forum, i usually copy it before i try posting, just in case. just suggestin.

i think people tend to skim through those pics, and hi-res isn't that important.

i think it's partly why flickr easily lost so many members when they redesigned and people had a mass exodus

I agree w/ the lack of sense of community on IG but it isn't really made for that. Now that said, seems things have gone from "no-self promo" to "why don't you have an instagram" and now tons of writers have their own IG selling canvases, stickers, and those painted up model trains. So while I would say that there isn't really a sharing community like there is here, IG definitely adds a personal level that isn't all that up front on a forum such as this.

Kids coming up today looking at this stuff are just gonna bypass the forum scene altogether imo.

this is why i don't really look at graf online much anymore. it's a real business now.

i totally agree that the younger generation isn't that interested in forums

I don't have instagram. I use an out dated desktop. Also, yeah I like the community here. I'm into funny responses and silly pictures. That's what makes this place fun. I see enough graff walking down the street, so I don't need to go crazy searching for things to look at. CH. Zero Foreva!

this is what i meant when i said the other day, raven, Ch0 is still the best part of oontz for me, and for many others.

i follow 12oz on IG but the age of message boards are out.

Totally disagree... I think in fact, its coming back around. Photos are cool and Instagram has made sharing photos almost as easy as breathing, but kids are also wanting to talk shit and IG sucks for that. Its just quick comments and then whatever it is gets buried. I'm on IG all day long and find myself getting more and more bored with it. Its too 1 dimensional.

Totally disagree... I think in fact, its coming back around. Photos are cool and Instagram has made sharing photos almost as easy as breathing, but kids are also wanting to talk shit and IG sucks for that. Its just quick comments and then whatever it is gets buried. I'm on IG all day long and find myself getting more and more bored with it. Its too 1 dimensional.

he's right that the youth need a place to talk shit in long-form.

My .02c - I post on here now because it reminds me of times gone by.

I first started using oontz in 2001. I met up with oontzer's in Australia when I was traveling there, one of my black book's is still over there haha, never to be seen again...

I like the banter and the lulz now, it has it's own pulse that is hilarious even still but It's fading to black.

There used to be threads about drugs, sex, horrible things people did, lots of naked womenz, and general BS that I connected with then. But it's all nostalgia now I guess. I don't mean to sound sexist or whatever but it was a form of asshole handbook to some degree...

I follow a few ppls on Instagram - Click Clack and 12oz, Smxxl, and a few others, Mercer has a really good feed....

I don't use twitter at all, I only use FB because I pass time at work. IG feeds are swell...

I feel like this should be read in a Morgan Freeman voice. . .

oontz.