Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
injury

the best decision you EVER made, and why

Decided never to do hard drugs after my best friend's big brother took his own life after an E binge in the mid 90's. Fucking Prodigy, right. I was 13 when it happened, friend's big bro was 16. I had already started drinking and was curious about weed, shrooms, etc. After his death none of it was exciting anymore.

I don't judge anyone who likes to get trippy, your life, your choice. But considering that most of my childhood friends are now either dead or damaged beyond repair it's very likely I would have gone the same way.

I drink tho.

Cheers.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
timeline 2006-2009

let my first home (condo) go into foreclosure (115K loan) height of the market

so i could purchase my 2nd home in wifey name (75K loan) after the crashed

I knew the market crashes was bound to crash, i was upside dow. It crashed. my eyebrow twitched for a whole year that year.

everything turned out better than expected.

when from a $1,200 mortgage/home owner association (2bed 1 1/2 bathroom 1,119 sqf)

to $850 taxes insurance mortgage and interest (3/2 bed/bathroom 1300sqf) 7,500 sqf 'LOT

fuck my credit. wifey right now riding the 790+ credit score

interesting ... cool that it worked out like that.

good shit.

unfortunately i dont make good decisions, maybe ill grow up and contribute

such reality here

I dunno if I have made any good or bad decisions

probably to go ahead and try for a kid even though we weren't in the right place at the time, got rid of the Ex, now have a dope kid!

Getting rid of the ex was also a good decision.

Worst decision in my life is either hard drugs at a young age (although clean now) but probably regret most was moving from my hometown to south wales, because that place is a shit hole. luckily i moved away again haha

what was it?

permanent birth control at 27

why'd you make it?

too many health problems/ wasnt gonna do this shit by myself again

spontaneous or not?

all major decisions get a year of my time. if its a go for all 4 seasons, then its right. This decision, however, i was buggin my dr for about 5 years.

how's your life worked out since then?

no regrets.

i can give my kid 100%

there is no way i would be able to send her to college if i was diapering another child.

* hopefully in a few years i can say that sending my kid to college was the next best decision

• Like 1

Not having a kid, shit ruins your life unless that's your whole thing.

I feel it's just for people who have given up on their own goals or who have accomplished them and now are ready to pass the torch....usually the former though.

Also to go to college, ive worked with my hands for a while and id much rather use my brain.

^^its this type of thinking that is the reason why so many kids are fucked up these days.

parents feeling that theyre getting cheated outta living their own lives, and parents who are so outta touch with the current reality that they feel the need to "pass the torch" to their kids in a present lifestyle that they don't truly understand and cant even adapt their way of thinking towards.

the best decision I ever made was to stick with my girl.

shes gorgeous and she doesn't put up with my shit.

that is all.

• Like 1

I never understood how people can think kids ruin your life.

Saying kids change your life makes more sense, but ruin seems way overboard.

I never understood how people can think kids ruin your life.

Saying kids change your life makes more sense, but ruin seems way overboard.

I agree, having a child makes your life change completely, takes things off the table for you etc. but I would not go back and change a thing, my son is the best thing in my life.

It has given me an appreciation of life I never had before.

If I had a kid I would be forced to spend inordinate amount of time and money on it instead of shit I want. Maybe in a few years when I've finished school and have a significantly better paying job a kid wouldn't be so detrimental to my life, but for now if I travel I buy 1 (one) plane ticket and do whatever I want, whenever I want.

This isn't a maturity thing, I don't want to sacrifice what I've deemed important in order to pass my shitty genes onto another generation.

Having kids unplanned is always referred to as "the best thing that ever happened to me..." blah blah blah. Your life completely changed in ways you didn't imagine it could and you've adapted to make the best of your terrible shitty situation, like stockholm syndrome. The kid is your captor and now controls your life, eventually you sympathize with the monster and even grow to love it in spite of the abuses it puts you through. Parents are like battered women that don't have the courage or support to move on from their abusive Army Ranger husband.

/half serious

/nokidsever

I also wouldnt agree that kids are the best thing that happened to me.

Kids just change the way you live.

That change is what you make of it.

If I had a kid I would be forced to spend inordinate amount of time and money on it instead of shit I want. Maybe in a few years when I've finished school and have a significantly better paying job a kid wouldn't be so detrimental to my life, but for now if I travel I buy 1 (one) plane ticket and do whatever I want, whenever I want.

This isn't a maturity thing, I don't want to sacrifice what I've deemed important in order to pass my shitty genes onto another generation.

Having kids unplanned is always referred to as "the best thing that ever happened to me..." blah blah blah. Your life completely changed in ways you didn't imagine it could and you've adapted to make the best of your terrible shitty situation, like stockholm syndrome. The kid is your captor and now controls your life, eventually you sympathize with the monster and even grow to love it in spite of the abuses it puts you through. Parents are like battered women that don't have the courage or support to move on from their abusive Army Ranger husband.

/half serious

/nokidsever

My child was planned and I can definitely see where you are coming from, I had the same viewpoint for much of my life but something changed and I was ready to have a child.

I can definitely understand why people wouldn't want to have kids.

aye, if people go around saying they dont want kids (for whatever reason)-i dont want you to have kids either, and im sure i speak for a good portion of the population.

now tell us about your great decision making skills. i like this

I'm not snipped yet but I plan on it. Beyond age 18 I haven't fucked w/o a condom if she wasn't on the pill.

That might be a better decision that the previous one I posted.

im not sure if I gotta check my manhood at the door for this one...

a couple relationships ago, a girl aborted and that shit fucked with my mental a little (a lot).

its not the first time this has happened, but it felt way different this last time.

it wont happen again I assure you.

-wearingacondom/maybereadytobeadadoner.

Must spread Fist, thanks for dropping honesty most these cunts can't handle.

I don't know why people take it so offensively, you want a little shitbrat to call your own then awesome, kids just aren't for me. I don't see the draw at all, but then again im a 23 year old male that's crushing pussy and just starting to actually have money.

Half the reason I don't want to have kids is because of the way the world is moving, I don't want my children to have to grow up with your retarded kids as friends.

If you love your child though and they give you purpose in life then that's a different story, im glad for you because my older brother loves his two sons and it has made his life better. If you sincerely see your child as a positive thing in your life then im not addressing you.

I just know too many contrary stories of friends and others who have a kid just to have one, just to stay together, or by accident and then all they do is complain about it and neglect it.

It's just made me jaded to the whole thing, plus like Fist said, im selfish, I want to spend my money and time on me.

Not agreeing is fine, I can just feel the butthurt through the screen of certain oontzers.

So you don't like fucking chicks in the ass?

It's pretty sweet, what are you the 37 year old virgin?