the best decision you EVER made, and why

injury

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what was it?

why'd you make it?

spontaneous or not?

how's your life worked out since then?

timeline 2006-2009

let my first home (condo) go into foreclosure (115K loan) height of the market

so i could purchase my 2nd home in wifey name (75K loan) after the crashed

I knew the market crashes was bound to crash, i was upside dow. It crashed. my eyebrow twitched for a whole year that year.

everything turned out better than expected.

when from a $1,200 mortgage/home owner association (2bed 1 1/2 bathroom 1,119 sqf)

to $850 taxes insurance mortgage and interest (3/2 bed/bathroom 1300sqf) 7,500 sqf 'LOT

grown folk cool story br0 story is grown folk

fuck my credit. wifey right now riding the 790+ credit score

what was it?

not pulling out

why'd you make it?

cuz it feels better

spontaneous or not?

definitely spontaneous

excellent

• Like 1

what was it?

Get my grown man on.

why'd you make it?

Tired of being broke and all the bullshit

spontaneous or not?

Not

2 cars, a house, beautiful fiance, and daughter. Good paying job, with all the benefits.

Seriously can't complain from just a few years ago. 100% better.

Maybe I think about things differently, but I don't view my decision in terms like this.

Can't really say I have made a really good or bad decision. I have made decisions that were the best option at the time. So of course I would pick those options.

Nothing really comes to mind that strikes me as the best decision I have ever made. I see the downside in all my decisions. Pessimist.

what was it?

Quitting a "great" job that took 6 months and a battle with over 300 people to get.

why'd you make it?

Because fuck that.

spontaneous or not?

Very.

I quit and told myself to move forward and always progress (learn). Never look back and keep moving ahead in life. This has lead me on a long path of ups and plateaus (8 years later). Now I own a profitable and growing business. I just keep and eye and ear out, network, try to know what everyone is doing and has going on.

Cliff Notes: Old man Winters' in the house.

what was it?

Divorcing my first wife

why'd you make it?

cuz it feels better not having to lie about who I am, what I want, life gets old waiting for someone to step it up

spontaneous or not?

definitely spontaneous

excellent, I do me all day everyday

• Like 1

Joining the Army.

I was not in a good place when I joined, emotionally, mentally, or financially. I had $65,000 in school debt, a serious drinking and occasional drug problem, had totalled my truck and only had a bicycle for transportation, and a shit paying job in a great restaurant.

Today I have very little debt, am going back to college--paid to do it and paid for, and am far more stable than I ever was before in my life.

Being in the Army was the hardest thing I've ever done, and its certainly took it toll on my body, but I am so much better for it.

worst decision i ever made was going to a colelge everyone told me i would hate because of family pressure, now 4 years later i failed out and am miserable thinking of joining the army if i dont get into any other schools

If you have any questions about joining, let me know.

Stay in school, best option.

I quit drinking 6 years ago. I was sick of feeling like shit and doing dumb shit and saw where I was headed. since then ive watched all the people I used to drink with do the same shit they've always done. some of them hold it together, while others are pretty much lost. I didn't wanna go down that road, I don't fare well with addiction, and I made a choice to not do it. down side-"I was drunk" is no longer a usable excuse for anything stupid I do...

• Like 1

also joining band. ive been into music way longer than ive been into graff. ive been playing in bands on and off since middle school.watching everybody around me get wrapped and have to deal with court dates and fines and lawyers and getting beat up by the cops , going to jail for graff and coming out cholos or Nazis., there was a period of about 4 years where I wasn't in any bands. I was doin drugs and painting my ass off. since I started playing music again, I realize that as much as I love graff, and still do it, if I lost my freedom to play music because of graff id feel real fuckin stupid inside. now that im in a band, its forced me to be smarter and more mature about my paint game.because now when im think about painting, I also think about recording and going on tour and putting out records. and I have a legal outlet for my aggression and artistic drive that allows me to travel all over the place for hella cheap, and have fun.

• Like 1

Decided never to do hard drugs after my best friend's big brother took his own life after an E binge in the mid 90's. Fucking Prodigy, right. I was 13 when it happened, friend's big bro was 16. I had already started drinking and was curious about weed, shrooms, etc. After his death none of it was exciting anymore.

I don't judge anyone who likes to get trippy, your life, your choice. But considering that most of my childhood friends are now either dead or damaged beyond repair it's very likely I would have gone the same way.

I drink tho.

Cheers.

timeline 2006-2009

let my first home (condo) go into foreclosure (115K loan) height of the market

so i could purchase my 2nd home in wifey name (75K loan) after the crashed

I knew the market crashes was bound to crash, i was upside dow. It crashed. my eyebrow twitched for a whole year that year.

everything turned out better than expected.

when from a $1,200 mortgage/home owner association (2bed 1 1/2 bathroom 1,119 sqf)

to $850 taxes insurance mortgage and interest (3/2 bed/bathroom 1300sqf) 7,500 sqf 'LOT

fuck my credit. wifey right now riding the 790+ credit score

interesting ... cool that it worked out like that.

good shit.

unfortunately i dont make good decisions, maybe ill grow up and contribute

such reality here

I dunno if I have made any good or bad decisions

probably to go ahead and try for a kid even though we weren't in the right place at the time, got rid of the Ex, now have a dope kid!

Getting rid of the ex was also a good decision.

Worst decision in my life is either hard drugs at a young age (although clean now) but probably regret most was moving from my hometown to south wales, because that place is a shit hole. luckily i moved away again haha

what was it?

permanent birth control at 27

why'd you make it?

too many health problems/ wasnt gonna do this shit by myself again

spontaneous or not?

all major decisions get a year of my time. if its a go for all 4 seasons, then its right. This decision, however, i was buggin my dr for about 5 years.

no regrets.

i can give my kid 100%

there is no way i would be able to send her to college if i was diapering another child.

* hopefully in a few years i can say that sending my kid to college was the next best decision

• Like 1

Not having a kid, shit ruins your life unless that's your whole thing.

I feel it's just for people who have given up on their own goals or who have accomplished them and now are ready to pass the torch....usually the former though.

Also to go to college, ive worked with my hands for a while and id much rather use my brain.