What are your chances of surviving a zombie apocalypse?

UPS!

I know some of you fools watch the walking dead...

I also am willing to bet some of you fools are into zombies.

Personally im a huge fan of zombie noir and movies.

Back in the day I read the Zombie survival guide and WWZ(The book is 1000000x's better than the movie) both are good reads even if you're not an undead enthusiast.

That being said, and the lack of new threads I thought id post this here.

My homie who is an even bigger zombie head than me made a questionare that is pretty

good about asking zombie related shit.

I scored an 80/100. If you're bored or into zombie you should take it and post your score.

http://www.nerdtests.com/mq/utscore.php?id=133672

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have also read both!

co-signed that world war z is great. first time i read it, it actually kept me up at night - it was a fun read and i would recommend.

took the quiz and didn't get a score out of 100 (did i take the wrong one?), but it said i'd live a few weeks to a few months. that sounds about right.

http://www.nerdtests.com/mq/uttake.php?id=133672

67%

I took the every man for himself options and the avoid zombies instead of fighting options most of the time.

I used to love the orig Dawn of the Dead when I was a kid. 28 days/weeks was the only zombie movie to ever freak me at least a little, it just seemed a bit more realistic than most others. I am Legend was fucking stupid.

• Like 1

@ Injury, that is just the time assessment answer, if you scroll down it gives you a number out of 100. I think you got the 3rd best total out of 6 or 7.

@ Schnitzel, so far you are the lowest score of the four of us who have taken it :p

@ Hua/Christo, I was the same man. Aint no love in a zombie outbreak. I can't really ride a horse and I don't workout daily but otherwise I think my answers were solid.

80 is still the number to beat. My friends have been doing fucking horrible, 40's and mid 50's.

I got 97%, but I answered like I thought they would want, not as I would actually do.

That completely defeats the point. Im sure I could get a 100% but im not going to say im an expert horse rider or a gym rat when im not.

You should try to take it seriously, being ex-military(aren't you?) you would have advantages most people would not.

Of the 57 unique test takers...

Percent Chance of survival:

52%

67% scored higher,

8% scored the same, and

25% scored lower

The unique bit tickled me. Only 57 people took the test so far.

I like to think I would be a diff person in those circumstances, but maybe wanting being too nice got me all killed. I'd def get crazy about protecting kids, for one.

Oh well.

That completely defeats the point. Im sure I could get a 100% but im not going to say im an expert horse rider or a gym rat when im not.

You should try to take it seriously, being ex-military(aren't you?) you would have advantages most people would not.

I took the horse question as a trick, TBH. I'm not a rider but I figured a horse seeing a strange person sprinting towards it would bolt and an experienced rider would know that. So I chose differently.

Went AR over shtty as well. Shotty may require less accuracy but there was no mention of mag capacity and if it was not pump or semi then you'd be reloading after every two rounds where the AR has 30 rnd capacity.

I chose a hunting rifle. I have never fired a gun. I figured (my only 'exp' being video games) that I could use the rifle to shoot from a distance, for distraction, 'sniping' etc.

I am way too small to fight off a zombie one on one. Really I should have taken that into account haha.

I am interested to know how your friend worked out the scores, Cunt. Any chance of asking him and posting an explanation? It's cool, well thought out, so I'd like an insight :)

Wll share.

@ Hua/Christo

The questions are scored considering all factors.

The horse question wasn't a trick question, but if you said ''Ive never ridden, get on it anyway'' that's the worst answer over just trying to run.

The AR-15 was a good choice, but the best was the Hunting Rifle. Consider weight, availibility of ammunition afterwards etc. etc.

Like with the Vehicle question, about 70% of the people say a Truck with offroad capability...which sounds great, but the Truck would be loud as fuck, bulky and poor gas mileage. Thus it's a mediocre to poor answer.

I chose a hunting rifle. I have never fired a gun. I figured (my only 'exp' being video games) that I could use the rifle to shoot from a distance, for distraction, 'sniping' etc.

I am way too small to fight off a zombie one on one. Really I should have taken that into account haha.

I am interested to know how your friend worked out the scores, Cunt. Any chance of asking him and posting an explanation? It's cool, well thought out, so I'd like an insight :)

Wll share.

My homeboy and I are one in the same :wink2:

I didn't directly say I made it in case I left some trace of my name or something on it,

but ive looked it over and my identity is safe.

Im glad for the warm reception, I appreciate you guys taking it.

TDB, what do you want to know exactly?

Each question is weighted for different reasons.

Most of them I considered ever factor possible, long term and short term.

If you have specific questions id be happy to answer them.

Yeah, I was going to say that it's difficult for a questionnaire like this to not be locally specific. Same as decy, over here there's fuck all rounds available throughout society so a fully loaded AR would prob be the best choice as it comes with more rounds and they are likely to be the only rounds ever have, especially in an urban area. Maybe there's more chance of shotty shells and 22 out in rural areas but most people keep their gats well secured here and there's little chance you could just walk in to a house and pick shit up. In the US, as Cunt says, that's going to be different.

With the off-road truck, which I chose - we don't have many big F-250 Canyonaros over here, so when we think of an off-road vehicle we think of a Nissan X-trail, Honda CRV or maybe some make of a Benz. These aren't too loud or bulky and compared to some V8s and V6s they're actually pretty good with the Juice. However in the US, especially in places like Tx, Az, etc. an off-road truck conjures up very different images.

Just some observations, survey was fun regardless and will send to friends....., and hint at wrong answers so they don't beat my score.