I need some fucking tech support oontz

bed framed

assuming there is nothing there you want

1. To remove the existing disk partition, right click on My Computer (Computer for Vista) and select Manage.
  2. On the next screen select Disk Management.
  3. Find the listing for the external hard drive in the lower middle portion of the window.
  4. Right-click on the box to the right of the drive listing (Disk X) and select Delete Partition.
  5. A message will ask you to confirm that "All data will be lost." Be sure you wish to do this. If so, then click on Yes.
  6. Once complete, the box will show "Unallocated".
  7. To create a new partition, right-click on My Computer (Computer for Vista) and select Manage.
  8. On the next screen select Disk Management.
  9. Find the listing for the external hard drive in the lower middle portion of the window.
  10. Right-click on the box to the right of the drive listing (Disk X) and select New Partition.
  11. Accept all of the default parameters.
  12. The formatting will start and will be busy until complete. You can monitor the progress in Disk Management.

This advice comes with no warranty, expressed or implied. Proceed at you own risk :)

I must've missed this post. I'm working with Windows 8, I finally found where disk management was because they changed the name to "computer management." I located which partition was the external HD and was afraid to delete it when it said, "all data will be lost," because I thought it would make the drive unusable or something. I will try this now and see how it works. I downloaded a program called HFS Explorer to get all the files off the drive, now I will follow your directions.

*edit- THIS FUCKIN WORKED!

Xen, you're the shit!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.