I need some fucking tech support oontz

bed framed

I have a shit ton of movies on my HD and I want to burn them all to DVD's to get more space on my laptop. The only thing is I when I burn a movie (using a free program called DVDstyler) it won't play on my DVD player. Movies work fine on my laptop and Xbox though. Most of my movies are in .mp4 format and when I burn the movies it always asks if I want to switch the burn to NTSC format.

I looked that up and it said that was US standard so I figured that was not the issue. I have not one clue about anything to do with codecs, etc. I have a video converter program that can switch files from .mp4 format to formats such as AVI & VCD but idk what is the most common format to burn movies with.

Any help would be appreciated because I'm wasting a shit ton of DVD's and I'm getting Frustrated...

tits in advance for your help

I1Y1fqrl.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
For Codecs, try this site...

http://shark007.net/

Maybe you are missing a few.

I think that might have been the problem all along. After researching I downloaded this program called k-lite codec pack and Ashampoo stopped giving me that error. I still haven't burned anything with Ashampoo (still using DVDStyler) bu I'm gonna try tonight.

DVDStyler is pretty hit or miss. Gets the job done for a free program and sometimes I get a burning failed message and have to start all over.

What is the most universal file type for DVD players? .mp4, AVI, VCD?

Dare I suggest an external HD + DVD player w USB port? /ps3

I have an external HD but I let my cunt ex GF use it and she formatted it to a her Mac. Idk how to reformat it back to PC. Every time I plug it in my laptop it's being recognized but it won't physically show up. Any solution for that problem as well? :lol:

I appreciate this, I have 99 problems and techy computer stuffs is 60 of them...

. Idk how to reformat it back to PC. Every time I plug it in my laptop it's being recognized but it won't physically show up. Any solution for that problem as well? :lol:

assuming there is nothing there you want

1. To remove the existing disk partition, right click on My Computer (Computer for Vista) and select Manage.
  2. On the next screen select Disk Management.
  3. Find the listing for the external hard drive in the lower middle portion of the window.
  4. Right-click on the box to the right of the drive listing (Disk X) and select Delete Partition.
  5. A message will ask you to confirm that "All data will be lost." Be sure you wish to do this. If so, then click on Yes.
  6. Once complete, the box will show "Unallocated".
  7. To create a new partition, right-click on My Computer (Computer for Vista) and select Manage.
  8. On the next screen select Disk Management.
  9. Find the listing for the external hard drive in the lower middle portion of the window.
  10. Right-click on the box to the right of the drive listing (Disk X) and select New Partition.
  11. Accept all of the default parameters.
  12. The formatting will start and will be busy until complete. You can monitor the progress in Disk Management.

This advice comes with no warranty, expressed or implied. Proceed at you own risk :)

assuming there is nothing there you want

1. To remove the existing disk partition, right click on My Computer (Computer for Vista) and select Manage.
  2. On the next screen select Disk Management.
  3. Find the listing for the external hard drive in the lower middle portion of the window.
  4. Right-click on the box to the right of the drive listing (Disk X) and select Delete Partition.
  5. A message will ask you to confirm that "All data will be lost." Be sure you wish to do this. If so, then click on Yes.
  6. Once complete, the box will show "Unallocated".
  7. To create a new partition, right-click on My Computer (Computer for Vista) and select Manage.
  8. On the next screen select Disk Management.
  9. Find the listing for the external hard drive in the lower middle portion of the window.
  10. Right-click on the box to the right of the drive listing (Disk X) and select New Partition.
  11. Accept all of the default parameters.
  12. The formatting will start and will be busy until complete. You can monitor the progress in Disk Management.

This advice comes with no warranty, expressed or implied. Proceed at you own risk :)

Thanks for the help! I'm working with Windows 8 (I hate it). And as far as keeping the stuff that's on it I found a link about saving the work on it before wiping it

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/read-mac-formatted-external-hard-drive-windows/

I haven't tried it yet because I don't have the HD with me but it's what I will do. I'm not sure what's on it anymore since she had it for a while. Hopefully she left the book she was writing on it so I can sell the rights to it :lol:

Aiso ConvertXtoDVD, your one stop shop DVD burning program. If you don't want to buy it and don't trust public torrents, PM and we'll work it out.

Again thanks. I have a program called Xilisoft video converter. It's a freeware program and it works pretty well/fast. How would you rate ConvertXtoDVD? I know you and Moogle suggested it.

10/10 simple interface, any file format, create menus, chapters. It is my go to burning program. Eliminates that annoying as fuck out of synch audio bullshit. It is the most pirated burning program for a reason.

You know how some cams, etc. are too dark to watch? you can adjust the contrast and brightness before burning to eliminate a bit of that annoying bullshit as well.

I just burned an .avi in 34 minutes and works perfect in my ancient DVD player.

10/10 simple interface, any file format, create menus, chapters. It is my go to burning program. Eliminates that annoying as fuck out of synch audio bullshit. It is the most pirated burning program for a reason.

You know how some cams, etc. are too dark to watch? you can adjust the contrast and brightness before burning to eliminate a bit of that annoying bullshit as well.

I just burned an .avi in 34 minutes and works perfect in my ancient DVD player.

Sounds sweet. I have two separate programs doing the same thing this one program could be doing. PM Sent

]yea whatever you do dont get the bundles of films yet. those fuckers are like 60-100 gigs and by the time you finish downloading chances are you will get banned.

if you are into soundtracks from obscure ass exploitation films that is the place...and pretty much any and all exploitation films and spaghetti westerns

also the

is somewhere around there if you wanna get your ratio up right away