Some legal advice needed

JSwish

Need some legal advice, if anyone has experience or might be able to help. It would be much appreciated.

Scenario:

-2 friends are out tagging.

-Random guy supposedly spots 1 guy tagging a mail box.

-Random guy rolls up on 1 friend and asks to see/grabs his hands looking for paint

-1 Friend runs away from random guy because he is kind of spooked.

-Friend stops running because he states he has done nothing wrong, and was merely running because the guy freaked him out (guy kept up with him)

-Random guy calls cops, cops question friend and take pictures (he had some paint on his hands)

-Tells cops he ran because guy spooked him, fully cooperates with cops, and is let go.

-Weeks later receives 2 fines, 1 for vandalism 1 for criminal mischief.

My question is, they didn't arrest him in the first place, he had no paint or anything on him when cops came, and they supposedly found a paint marker or same color paint used to tag on said mailbox. Only "evidence" is the guy who says he saw the guy tagging. I feel like this is all complete bullshit. If anyone has some advice or might be able to help, like I said it would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Scenario:

-2 friends are out tagging.

-Random guy supposedly spots 1 guy tagging a mail box.

-Random guy rolls up on 1 friend and asks to see/grabs his hands looking for paint

-1 Friend runs away from random guy because he is kind of spooked.

-Friend stops running because he states he has done nothing wrong, and was merely running because the guy freaked him out (guy kept up with him)

-Random guy calls cops, cops question friend and take pictures (he had some paint on his hands)

-Tells cops he ran because guy spooked him, fully cooperates with cops, and is let go.

-Weeks later receives 2 fines, 1 for vandalism 1 for criminal mischief.

My question is, they didn't arrest him in the first place, he had no paint or anything on him when cops came, and they supposedly found a paint marker or same color paint used to tag on said mailbox. Only "evidence" is the guy who says he saw the guy tagging.

what did you tell the cops? what did they ask you and how did you respond?

seems that they're treating the two charges as summaries or low misdemeanors, and didn't arrest you 'cause you were so sweet and cooperative.

first arrest?

Yeah, I worded that entry kind of messed up. But it was my friend who got caught, not me. He wasn't arrested, he told the cops he had paint on his hands because he is an artist and was working on a painting earlier at home. He was pretty cooperative. Total the fines are $600. We ran after the guy came up and started grabbing his hands to look at them. He's going to just plead guilty and pay the 2 fines. Yes, we are new to the graff game (my friend and brother turned me on) and, embarrassingly enough, we are in our mid 20s, not kids. Oh, and neither of us have any prior record.

my friend and brother turned me on.

Don't mind everyone here, mate. It's a jungle and everyone cops shit when they first sign up.

we are in our mid 20s[/size], not kids. Oh, and neither of us have any prior record.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Always thought graff was like Karate or some shit, you start when you're young and limber not when you're a grown ass adult, sounding like a 16 year old... I was about to give some you some leeway and advice till you dropped your age. Little late to the game buddy

• 1 month later...