what are you watching RIGHT NOW?

CardboardCondo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

image.thumb.png.5146253e037dab012ee24acc1d8009d9.png

so far pretty fucking good (only one episode deep)

not sure if you can watch in the states but i think it's worth it.

the shit thing about dramas set in the past especially the close past is that graffiti ALWAYS gives it away.

Or buffed walls do.

look at 0:37 at the tag in the background

features Briggs the rapper

On 1/27/2024 at 2:15 PM, Schnitzel said:

image.thumb.png.cd297f2d05f51226014ba8ca2e9f1b36.png

get my  WW2 thing on.

How is it? Memphis Belle was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and I played a super old Macintosh video game called Bomber all the time back in the day.

20 hours ago, LUGR said:

How is it? Memphis Belle was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and I played a super old Macintosh video game called Bomber all the time back in the day.

it's pretty good but waiting for next episode.

19 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

@LUGRmy buddy at work said its basically Band of Brothers in the sky.

I will peep it based on that statement alone. 

yes it is essentially BOB in the sky.!

Both the previous series BOB and the Pacific were awesome and this looks a worthy follow up.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

image.thumb.png.5146253e037dab012ee24acc1d8009d9.png

so far pretty fucking good (only one episode deep)

not sure if you can watch in the states but i think it's worth it.

the shit thing about dramas set in the past especially the close past is that graffiti ALWAYS gives it away.

Or buffed walls do.

look at 0:37 at the tag in the background

features Briggs the rapper

fuck me episode 2 was hectic.

• 3 weeks later...

image.jpeg.7c2ab951d36f09be4af24e7cde5da53b.jpeg

Based off the book 3 body problem by Cixin Liu. There’s an American adaption coming to Netflix, but this has been very true to the book and it’s 30+ episodes. I’m a fan so far but I’m also biased.

image.jpeg

^this one has been great so far. Some kinks with the foreign lead but I’m digging it as well

6 hours ago, metronome said:

Are you watching that version of 3BP subbed?  I read that trilogy a few years ago and have been looking forward to this netflix adaptation.

Yeah watching with subs. I’ll watch the Netflix adaption too, but this one is very true to the story. Worried netflix will glamorize it and cut out a lot of the physics for the sake of viewership. 

Remembrance of Earths Past was my favorite scifi trilogy of all time so this is like Christmas for me

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Yeah watching with subs. I’ll watch the Netflix adaption too, but this one is very true to the story. Worried netflix will glamorize it and cut out a lot of the physics for the sake of viewership. 

Remembrance of Earths Past was my favorite scifi trilogy of all time so this is like Christmas for me

Ive been reading a Chinese sci fi anthology collection curated and translated by Ken Liu you may dig.  It has a few stories and an essay by Cixin Liu in there, I posted it a while back in the book thread. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 9:25 PM, Schnitzel said:

daughter has covid so no school.

she's watching

image.png.4d1568ce121fec03219334fc50be43fc.png

and since I'm in same room I'm watching by default

Last night my daughter said “the eras tour is on Disney plus, we need to watch this weekend” so I guess I’ll be watching sometime this weekend too

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

@DETOwhat's your favorite song?

I quickly read that as The History of.... which would be pretty cool

I have no idea. I could tell you the name of a single song. However 2 songs on heavy rotation (thanks to my 8 year old who controls the music in the car 99% of the time) is Wild Ones by someone and some dude named jelly roll and the new country Beyoncé song. 

side not when I first saw jelly roll I deadass thought post Malone got fat. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

7 minutes ago, DETO said:

I have no idea. I could tell you the name of a single song. However 2 songs on heavy rotation (thanks to my 8 year old who controls the music in the car 99% of the time) is Wild Ones by someone and some dude named jelly roll and the new country Beyoncé song. 

side not when I first saw jelly roll I deadass thought post Malone got fat. 

Amusing.  You got to teach them about your music too?  I always bust my metal homie's balls that his sons better know about Slayer.

image.png.1a421ee274624cf3a5f10309a7b3d932.png

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Amusing.  You got to teach them about your music too?  I always bust my metal homie's balls that his sons better know about Slayer.

image.png.1a421ee274624cf3a5f10309a7b3d932.png

Oh I do. One of her favorites is Wu Tang Clan and Queen. She listens to everything. When all 4 of us are in the car on a road trip we all take turns choosing the music. It’s when it’s just me and her like the way to and from school where she gets full reign. And mega props! 

• Like 2