what are you watching RIGHT NOW?

CardboardCondo

Slowly rewatching Halt and Catch Fire after having finally finished Breaking Bad. I’d given up on that after getting bored at the end of the 4th season so was actually fun to see how it all ends.

Loved Yellowstone, but haven’t started watching season 2 yet. 

Got bored a few episodes into Stranger Things season 3 (literally the same story 3 seasons in a row). Winona is looking tired, the kids are barely kids anymore and the 80’s thing isn’t the novelty it was two seasons ago. Will probably finish it eventually but hoping they finally killed the monster and plan to hang it up, rather than beat that dead horse for a 4th season.  

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

They’re gonna drive it into the ground. S3 was better than S2 but I’m just over it as well. I guess it’s fresh to people who didn’t actually live through the 80s but honestly most of the scenes are just rip offs of better movies.. Stand by Me , Goonies, Poltergeist, ET, Gremlins etc etc

3 minutes ago, Kults said:

They’re gonna drive it into the ground. S3 was better than S2 but I’m just over it as well. I guess it’s fresh to people who didn’t actually live through the 80s but honestly most of the scenes are just rip offs of better movies.. Stand by Me , Goonies, Poltergeist, ET, Gremlins etc etc

Yeah, the entire show is derivative but don’t think they even attempt to hide that fact. Again, was amazing the first time around, but think they should have taken the American Horror stories approach and flipped it completely each season to a different story line. Obviously a bigger risk and more work, but at this point you can’t look at Stranger Things as much more than a thinly veiled cash grab. 

• Truth 1

3 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Yeah, the entire show is derivative but don’t think they even attempt to hide that fact. Again, was amazing the first time around, but think they should have taken the American Horror stories approach and flipped it completely each season to a different story line. Obviously a bigger risk and more work, but at this point you can’t look at Stranger Things as much more than a thinly veiled cash grab. 

Yet people are eating it up like its a future classic. 

7 hours ago, CALIgula said:

about to watch the democratic debate that i recorded earlier.

I caught bits of it. They’re all scrambling to win over their base oblivious to the fact that none of this shit will fly in the general. It’s a shit show 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...