Philly Cheese Steak

CILONE/SK

fuck yeah. I throw my pans out as soon as I see any of that shit starting to lift.

On another point, the local woolies here sells eye fillet on the bone cheap as. Can't recall the per-kg price but I can pick one up that is without a lie, an inch and a half thick, 20X15CM for under $15. Awesome value. I've also been hooking in to the blade steak on the bone lately as well. 3 excellent size steaks, over half an inch thick for like $8. I don't mind the little bit of gris in them as I reckon blade is hugely under-rated in terms of flavour.

Can't stand rump, though.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chinks (joes) is the best in philly/fact

ninos pizza-rama is the best outside of town/debatable

asking for steak sauce in a fancy restaurant is like pulling out your sausage at the table/unacceptable

i think swiss cheese perv was a philly cop at one time,if not i know him somehow/too familiar/ew

roo-burger-620x0.jpg

Roo burger with beetroot relish

500g kangaroo mince

Half onion, grated

2 tsp ground cumin

½ tsp dried oregano

sea salt and pepper

4 thick slices tomato

4 slices of cheddar cheese

1 tbsp olive oil

4 soft burger buns

2 tbsp mayonnaise or aioli

4 leaves soft lettuce

100g pickled beetroot

1 tbsp olive oil

1. To make the beetroot relish, whiz the pickled beetroot with olive oil, sea salt and pepper, and set aside.

2. Squeeze any excess juices from the onion and mix the onion with the meat, cumin, oregano, sea salt and pepper, using your hands. Form into four round burgers, using egg rings to help with the shape.

3. Brush with olive oil and pan-fry or grill for four minutes on one side. Turn and finish the cooking until done to your liking, but it's best served medium rare.

4. Toast the buns lightly, and spread each half with aioli or mayonnaise (add a spicy fruit chutney as well if you like).

5. Top the base bun with lettuce leaf, tomato, meat, cheese and beetroot relish. Top with remaining half of the bun, secure with a wooden cocktail spear and serve hot.