Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soup forgot his password

IT took me until now

I like a good torta, but I've had enough bad ones to know they're not infallible.

At almost every restaurant I've worked in Mexicans would come by throughout the day with a cooler packed with tortas and tamales and sell them for a couple bucks.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Mexican food is overrated... Because you find the same ingredients in everything.

Open a taco, burrito, torta, challupa, or plate of nachos, and you're likely to find at least one or more of the following:

Pico de gallo

Cilantro

Jack cheese

Beans (refried or not)

Guacamole/Avocado

Sour Cream

Lime Juice

It all tastes the same.

And all Mexican "candy" is the same -- dried fruit with chili powder on top.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Mexican food is overrated... Because you find the same ingredients in everything.

Open a taco, burrito, torta, challupa, or plate of nachos, and you're likely to find at least one or more of the following:

Pico de gallo

Cilantro

Jack cheese

Beans (refried or not)

Guacamole/Avocado

Sour Cream

Lime Juice

It all tastes the same.

Could go down this road w Italian food too

---

Machaca Tortas are my shittttttt

Pico de gallo

Cilantro

Jack cheese

Beans (refried or not)

Guacamole/Avocado

Sour Cream

Lime Juice

It all tastes the same.

Woah, hey now. Don't misunderstand me. The entire purpose of mexican food is to be a vessel for guack. But seriously, refried beans on a sandwich is genius. Add grilled onions and carnitas. I'm talking about perfect juicy tender carnitas with the crispy edges... Then add guack... And cheese... Philadelphia can fuck off and die for all i care after that.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now