Zimmerman selling a painting on eBay. Current bid $110,000

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Why doesn't Trayvon's parents pursue a civil trial against Zimmerman, like the Goldmans did with OJ?

Then they can acquire a lot of his assets and money he makes in the aftermath. Lawyers can easily make the argument that his celebrity as a result of killing Trayvon fueled high prices he fetched for his artwork.

I think that since the trial court found he killed an aggressor in self defense a civil suit would be an uphill battle most wouldn't want to fight. There really isn't much money there to get either from what i understand, assets would need to be in the millions to make it worthwhile imo.

Why doesn't Trayvon's parents pursue a civil trial against Zimmerman, like the Goldmans did with OJ?

Then they can acquire a lot of his assets and money he makes in the aftermath. Lawyers can easily make the argument that his celebrity as a result of killing Trayvon fueled high prices he fetched for his artwork.

iirc if youre found not guilty under "stand your ground" you are immune from civil action regarding the same case

A quick search turned up this:

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.

(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).

(emphasis mine)

link

He was found not guilty by a jury of his peers

Leave the fucking guy alone. Yea maybe he did something wrong but he got off. Imagine if you got busted for writing, got off, business owner had people telling him to Persue you again. Bullshit?

Any lawsuit after would be dumb. Lawsuits like that are part of the reason this country is so fucked up. Stupid fucking lawyers.

If it wasn't for lawyers you wouldn't need lawyers.

I agree with you about the jury of his peers thing, but what I have a problem with is the laws written by the NRA lobbyist ruining not only any rational debate about gun rights, but also making pro-gun people seem like nutballs.

Boats, I know me and you do not agree at all about guns, so, I will leave it at this.

Or we both can turn into DAO and call each other fucking idiots. hahaha.

He was found not guilty by a jury of his peers

Leave the fucking guy alone. Yea maybe he did something wrong but he got off. Imagine if you got busted for writing, got off, business owner had people telling him to Persue you again. Bullshit?

Any lawsuit after would be dumb. Lawsuits like that are part of the reason this country is so fucked up. Stupid fucking lawyers.

If it wasn't for lawyers you wouldn't need lawyers.

it's only paint.

nurga killed a kid.

big difference.

lots of nurgas kill other nurgas and nobody gives a single fuck.

I give less shits about his case than I do Casey Anthony's dead baby, at least she was hot.

Trifling headlines and people give more of a shit about some dead kid in florida than any of Snowden's leaked shit, our ongoing catastrophe in Afghanistan, or any of about a million real headlines.