Zimmerman selling a painting on eBay. Current bid $110,000

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Looks like a credit card template. Dude could have made anything limited and it would sell for an outrageous amount because he's been made into an icon in this country. Absolutely pathetic. Also this: "whoever wins within the Continental United States, will receive this painting delivered by me personally."

This just solidifies my belief that the art world is not a rational market. It is not tied to any level of skill.

It is all bull. And I am in the fucking art world (in a limited sense). I see it all the time over here. There's little stables of people who have no interest in developing, improving, mastering more techniques - they may as well have an Art Label maker, and these people earn BIG.

I read something interesting where if you overprice your work, people are more likely to buy it cos they just assume it's worth it and will value up.

I am going to experiment next year, the Young British Artists way. I am going to spend 10 minutes making something, 3 hours writing a pretentious essay about it, label it with a price tag of £1000 and send it on to Charles Saatchi.

Everyone gets a pair of kicks when I am inevitable a billionaire.

Intersting idea and I think you both have a stake in what is correct.

Goldmans=Money/White (fixed)

but

OJ = 'bona fide celebrity' (and his wife by proxy)

Trayvon and Zimmermans were nobodies if you will. Fame came to them because of the case, not prior. Sometimes families just won't have the strength to keep fighting a titan while they are grieving. It must be horrific.

That said, maybe they will. Are there terms and timeline for an appeal in the state? Is it a state decision?