Our Buddy Transit Train

flatcar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You wouldn't say that if you met him, he's a thief (will steal from you as well as from anyone else while he's travelling with you) Will cause you trouble with authorities for the sake of causing trouble and generally never pay for anything while he travels with you.

Among other transgressions against the tramp community, Tylicki is responsible for ripping off the 2006 Crew Change Guide and publishing it on the internet--a clear violation of the honor agreement every recipient of a copy of the CCG must make.

The first copy of the CCG I got, the tramp that gave it to me made me raise my right hand and swear to not give it voluntarily to law enforcement, railroad police or kids, and to not publish it on the internet.

I don't know if they are still doing that or not. I hope so. I still feel honor bound by that agreement, and although I do not have a current copy of the CCG, I am very careful about who I allow to make a copy of the latest version I do have.

There are no courts or contracts among tramps. Either you have honor, or you don't. Being an honorable person isn't some extraordinary thing, it's supposed to be the AVERAGE, EVERDAY thing. The loss of a sense of honor and self respect is destroying the United States.

Ray Tylicki, also known as "Transit Train" is a person who apparently lacks all sense of propriety and decency. He is a streamliner and a yegg. He is persona non grata among tramps, and I look forward to the day when I hear he has gotten what he deserrves.

• Like 1

I'm not gonna lie, I grabbed the 2006 off The Pirate Bay and it helped me out more times than I can count. Almost as much as Kabar2's Hobos Tramps and Homeless Bums thread. Fuck streamliners in general and publishing it was probably a douche move but there are better reasons to dislike the man.

I've since came up on a more recent edition by more honorable means and sent a copy to KeepItRail when he was traveling otherwise, there isn't anyone I'd care to share it with.

Also, searching Raymond Tylicki on that page brings up 0 results.

Tylicki has about twenty aliases, so I'm not surprised he's not easy to find. Right now I understand he's in jail. Good. I hope he stays there.

The Crew Change Guide is not Tylicki's to publish anywhere. IT BELONGS TO TRAIN DOC, AND TRAIN DOC SAID DON'T PUBLISH IT ON THE INTERNET. That's all that needed to be said about it.

Tylicki wanted to rip off the CCG and sell it for money. Flatcar and Train Doc successfully stopped him from doing so with a lawsuit, or the threat of a lawsuit, because the CCG is COPYWRITED.

Tylicki then published it on Pirate Bay as payback for being thwarted in his efforts to rip off Train Doc.

People have been talking trash for years about smoking Tylicki, but so far, nobody has followed through and from what I can see, we're all too law-abiding to actually do it. At least I am. I think.

He's an asshole and a yegg, he steals from tramps and cannot be trusted. Someday he's going to get what's coming to him. I hope he falls under a train. Soon.

Then I suppose there is no need to go into how much music I pirate.

The genie is out of the bottle and there is one more part time tramp that didn't get lost, busted, mangled or killed out there.

On the up side, he'll get his one way or another. Life just has a way of working itself out like that.

• 4 weeks later...

The Crew Change Guide was never intended to be distributed wholesale to any- and everybody. It was created by Train Doc and a few of his closest associates. They would camp out near crew changes, accumulate information, bundle it in an email and send it to a friend of Train Doc who is not a trainhopper, but who likes the idea of the CCG. Once a year, in August, they would edit out old or outdated information, publish a new issue of the CCG and distribute it to the select few.

Those select few people are, essentially, the gatekeepers. Despite being a tramp and a trainhopper, Train Doc is not some malevolent idiot who wants to see 15-year-olds out risking life and limb trying to hop freight trains. He required the gatekeepers to be very selective in TO WHOM they distributed the CCG. They required the people to whom they gave it to raise their hand and swear that they would not give one to a kid, a railroad special agent, a police officer, sell it for money, or publish it on the internet.

For years and years, the only way to get one was to know a genuine, experienced tramp who judged that you were dependable enough and honorable enough to deserve one.

Until Ray Tylicki. Tylicki is a sociopath. He thinks ONLY ABOUT HIMSELF. He wanted to rip off Train Doc's CCG and publish it for money, to provide himself with an income. He did NOTHING to contribute to the CCG. He was not ever part of the group that collected the information, collated it, edited it, updated it and published it. HE IS STRICTLY A THIEF AND A RIP-OFF ARTIST.

I don't know how Tylicki ever got a copy of the CCG. The edition he did get was out of date (2006) and PirateBay, those stupid assholes, refuse to acknowledge TrainDoc's copywrite, but of course, they refuse to acknowledge ANYBODY'S copywrite. This is how people think who feel that nobody can find them and that they are above consequences. Definitely a sociopathic viewpoint, but an unrealistic one. Nobody is completely anonymous on the internet. They CAN be found, by people who may be willing to do the work.

When people provide a copy of the CCG to another person, they are only allowed to charge what it costs to photocopy it. The last one I gave to somebody cost a little over ten bucks. I made him raise his hand and swear. He told me he would never, ever violate that oath, and I believe him. He's an honorable person.

Ray Tylicki, on the other hand, is a despicable fucking asshole, and someday his luck is going to run out.

• 11 months later...

The latest from our buddy!

Raymond Scott Tylicki, 42, of Solon, Ohio, pleaded guilty to one count each of defiant trespass and harassment, as a summary offense.

He was arrested by Jim Thorpe police on July 12 for entering the Through The Looking Glass restaurant, at 111 Broadway, after previously being told not to enter the business. He also was cited for harassing a waitress in the business.

In a plea agreement with the district attorney's office, Nanovic sentenced him to serve 30 to 60 days in the county prison on the trespass count with credit for 34 days already served. However, he must serve the full 60 days and will not be released until he can establish a residence to live.

On the harassment charge he was fined $100.

• 4 years later...