Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
r3nz042

Why are my letters obese

I try to make my letter's skinny, but they end up looking fat and ugly. I feel like an anorexic writer. I am overweight so maybe my personal appearance respresents my shit on paper? Any help?

Don't have a camera at my crib, only at my parent's house. But I do have a flick of this piece I did like 4 1/2 years ago, gasp, cover your eyes. Ugh, don't even look at this. Terrible garbage toy shit surburban punk stuff when I first started writing unfortunately :S Was big into drinking back then and being a dumbass. STA71472 Obviously this is terrible and I've learned a lot since these days. But it's just fat and ugly, I wish I could slim down my stem's and bridges. It look's too graffiti-ish and less mature/professional. I want a balance of both to become the best writer in town..And please save the shit talk, I know it's whack and unprofessional and pathetic but I'm doing my best in my black book to prevent mistakes like this from ever hitting the walls again. This was down in the Suburbs too so I guess it's okay for that. I've been reading a lot of books that have taught me a lot about using pencil's and the important of black book, I'm starting to learn to feel comfortable violating my lines and kind of using them to my advantage. Intersecting stuff then erasing. I know this is black book forum but I don't have any way to upload my shit. Lol, it's funny because I was like 500 pounds overweight when I did. I live like a half hour from my parent's house walking so really don't feel like getting the camera. Maybe you can move this to the brick slayer's. But this really is a true depiction of how much letter's go down on paper, how they start, just big and sloppy like this. I start to slim them down, but it just doesn't feel natural. Feels like I'm fighting myself. It's like my A's barely have enough room to hit the hole at the top, at my B's feel cramped and overweight. My G's feel whack and certainly my S's are slacking too.

Why is the only picture of your work you have readily available from 4 1/2 years ago? And after 4 1/2 years you haven't improved on that? Maybe hang it up?

I saw that too. I just thought he was saying that because he was embarrassed.

Cant blame him. We are pretty harsh on newcomers.

But this really is a true depiction of how much letter's go down on paper, how they start, just big and sloppy like this. I start to slim them down, but it just doesn't feel natural. Feels like I'm fighting myself. It's like my A's barely have enough room to hit the hole at the top, at my B's feel cramped and overweight. My G's feel whack and certainly my S's are slacking too.

Stop thinking so hard, you'll hurt yourself

It look's too graffiti-ish and less mature/professional.

also, what?

I got caught and did 15 months in county that's why I ain't been getting up like I used to. My letter's just don't look lean or clean or whatever. They don't look mature enough.

post in the toy thread, there you will get crits, make lots of threads like these and you will end up ridiculed

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now