freights aint got shit on transit trains!!

ET one

on the real.transit trains are much harder to get to,pieces look alot better then freight if there clean and you get mad fame throughout your city.alot of ppl hit up freights but not all of them move throughout the country.if you live in a small town then this doesnt include you cuz you cant get to any.thats about all i have to say.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ET one

on the real.transit trains are much harder to get to,pieces look alot better then freight if there clean and you get mad fame throughout your city.alot of ppl hit up freights but not all of them move throughout the country.if you live in a small town then this doesnt include you cuz you cant get to any.thats about all i have to say.

and if you take a shit in a tub of perfume it wont stink...whats your point and why are you opening threads about it?:rolleyes:

the reason most writters paint fr8's is because they can take their time thus having a higher quality peice, not many writters like painting transit cars because it brings alot of heat on them, and alot of writters arn't about to catch a felony over fame. and besides if you painted a CTA train it would be buffed on the spot. plus the yards are on lock, the blue line yards have bright ass lights and security booths on both sides. so you wouldn't even be able to walk through it with out catching a $500 fine

Originally posted by sectorTVA

who cares...i dont, i do enjoy seeing US subway cars in magazines and what not, but face it, other than a few notables that aspect of graf is really dead in the US...goto europe or austrailia if you want passenger trains...thats where its at now.....

my guess is in a few years itll be the same as it is here in the us....

WOW thats a pretty ignorant topic for a thread.

and i am a firm believer in fighting ignorance with ignorance:

people who paint transit/passenger trains are trying to hang on to something that died out in New York over 10 years ago. its stupid to paint transit, that shit is played out. if you werent painting on subways in nyc in the 70's and 80's than your playing yourself painting transit trains now. whats the point of going on a james bond mission to paint one thro up and have it make one 45 minute trip and then get cleaned. trains are only fresh when they run. freights run, and you get inter-continental fame off of them. some places there easy and some places there harder than the transit trains. freights picked up where the subways left off. do the math! :crazy:

we meet again mr bond...

i dont know, i agree and disagree on that one

freights could be the 'next best thing' .. but giving up on something that could if not would be easier to do eg passenger trains if everyone kept to it

personally, to me doing a few passengers and those who constantly rock em is in a way showing respect to the nyc subways in the 70's /80's

still, james bond missions are fun.... arent they? :dazed:

Originally posted by Average White Railfan

WOW thats a pretty ignorant topic for a thread.

and i am a firm believer in fighting ignorance with ignorance:

people who paint transit/passenger trains are trying to hang on to something that died out in New York over 10 years ago. its stupid to paint transit, that shit is played out. if you werent painting on subways in nyc in the 70's and 80's than your playing yourself painting transit trains now. whats the point of going on a james bond mission to paint one thro up and have it make one 45 minute trip and then get cleaned. trains are only fresh when they run. freights run, and you get inter-continental fame off of them. some places there easy and some places there harder than the transit trains. freights picked up where the subways left off. do the math! :crazy:

I agree with this 75%. The only way I differ is this: hitting US transit (and I guess other countries to different degrees) is a nod to the old NYC tradition, it's hardcore difficult (which gets respect from me anyway), and if the heads doing transit don't mind living with just the flick, knowing the shit got buffed right in the yard and a grand total of 3 people ever saw it live, then they can do their thing I guess. It's not for me, except maybe once or twice for the flick and the fun.

But I do find it a colossal waste of paint for people, especially in Europe, to be doing tons of transit wholecars that don't run. That's one of the two huge arguments in favor of North American freights: THEY RUN FOR YEARS, not minutes or hours. (The other argument is that they run far and wide - all over a continent - instead of a quarter mile to the buff track.)

The whole point of graffiti is to GET UP. It is not to futilely try to relive the NYC subway glory days - which is NOT POSSIBLE anymore, because part of those glory days was the BENCH, where stuff would ROLL BY repeatedly. If shit doesn't run, you wasted your paint. Give yourself a pat on the back for being hardcore, but change with the times. I might add that the handful of heads who still hit US transit are mostly well-rounded people who bomb and do plenty of freights.

I'm going to take my point about wasting paint further. Let's look at the paint efficiency concept.

Paint costs something. You're either spending money on it, or you're risking a bust for racking it. Either way, you earn your paint, you expended effort or cash for a valuable tool.

Graffiti is about getting your name up, everywhere you can. Add to that the fact that paint is a limited resource with a cost of some kind attached, and it makes sense to me that a goal-oriented writer is going to want to maximize his efficient use of paint. Factors that increase efficiency are volume (hitting as much different shit as possible), selection of high visibility targets (to be seen by the most people before getting buffed), and selection of targets to maximize running time (stuff that is low priority for buffing).

PASSENGER TRAINS LOSE ON ALL COUNTS in this new millenium. You don't get volume, because you're hitting the same limited number of cars over and over. They aren't highly visible if they never leave the yard. And you can't pick a surface on earth that gets buffed faster, if you think about it. I think most passenger trains get buffed faster than the inside of an active volcano.

NORTH AMERICAN FREIGHTS win on all counts. You can do volume. Freights roll through drastically different environments, most of which are way higher visibility than where they were painted. And they run for years, on average.

If efficiency in getting up is the goal of graffiti, then a guy who empties ONE CAN of paint doing hollows on 20 freights is winning the game over somebody who blows 100 cans on a couple wholecar cleans that get buffed the next day.

If efficiency isn't your goal, admit it. There is something to be said for the heart involved in James Bond missions to hit transit, no argument there. I won't diss anyone who's hitting cleans. I will diss people who have a mania about transit being the only real shit, and putting down freights as weak.

Also, you non-North Americans, remember that N.A. freights are nicer to paint and get better kinds of play than their European counterparts. (See "European freights don't give me boners" thread.) I don't have much info on Aussie freights but I can't imagine they could compete with the N.A. scene for play and intrigue.

both types of 'surfaces' are paintable!

If efficiency isn't your goal, admit it. There is something to be said for the heart involved in James Bond missions to hit transit, no argument there. I won't diss anyone who's hitting cleans. I will diss people who have a mania about transit being the only real shit, and putting down freights as weak.

I didnt want to make a big post but im in no way putting down freights...

To me they are a bit of a second since here passengers can be and are still done a fair bit.. most panels run a whole day! :) hehehe,

but still when you do your first top to bottom freight and you see it run the same day / night when youre doing peices along another line... it sure gives a buzz.

As for the quality of freights in australia, im not sure about other places... but ones ive hit are not too bad. Of course not as good as the ones ive seen that you dudes have...

check this site for a few aussie freights

http://www.dahub.com.au/

Re: Re: freights aint got shit on transit trains!!

Originally posted by my sweetheart, the drunk

and if you take a shit in a tub of perfume it wont stink...whats your point and why are you opening threads about it?:rolleyes:

experience has shown that large quantities of perfume doesn't smell to good either.. (i.e MESMERIZE)

call me you dork.

Archived