Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZTEPHYR

Suggestions on how to ask for permission?

Does anyone have any good advice on how to ask for permission to paint on someone's building?

I've never actually asked before painting, but this time is different. I have an idea for a cool site specific piece and thelady that runs the corner store is so sweet, I don't want to upset her.

So, any tips on how to breach the topic of street art with people who usually view it as vandalism? Ways that I can approach her so that she she sees the artistry in my ideas? We barely speak the same language, so I'm already a little worried about communicating my request to her in the right way.

im not a toy, ive been painting for a few years

and haha.. no she's not hot, but she makes the best breakfast sandwiches!

i was gunna show her a few recent pieces that look like i want to do, im just not sure how to get the conversation started

"So, I noticed your shop looks like shit, I can make it look way better and will put up your company name in a legible way that will increase your market recognition. Do you have any day olds? I'm broke"

"Missus Sandwich Lady, have you ever considered having a nice, colouful mural painted on your wall? I've always thought it would look really nice and might even attract people to the shop. Yeah, I have a few ideas, I'll pop by next week with some sketches and pics to help you picture what it might look like....."

"im not a toy, ive been painting for a few years"

this is when people are actually the MOST toy because they think they are not.

ask for forgiveness, not permission.

the easy way to do this is to get know her and write up a document saying that ur going to paint the wall and what ur putting on the wall and tell her that you will take care of the wall just give you a chance and keep it non evil the first time and bust that shit.....josa1 ftg crew ft worth tx cause thats what i did....

• Like 1

Well, you shouldn't be asking someone if you can paint on their shit in the first place. Kind of reverse graffiti? No? Haha.

The best way of going about it in my opinion is if you present her some of your sketches or best pieces you've done, or even better outline on paper what you want to do on the store.

Good luck sounds like fun though

• Like 1

seriously, do the mods just fucking smash their faces against walls when these threads are started in the "yard?"

nigga, I am KING TOY RULER OF THE GALAXY.

you should ask her permission to masturbate in the cooler.

I've been laughing at this section since I started posting on 12oz. Some of the best laughs had on this site are the unintentional jokes made by the yard posters.

Pretty much what makes me sit in those long traffic jams on the way to Oontz headquarters every morning is the outside chance of a new thread in the yard.

the easy way to do this is to get know her and write up a document saying that ur going to paint the wall and what ur putting on the wall and tell her that you will take care of the wall just give you a chance and keep it non evil the first time and bust that shit.....josa1 ftg crew ft worth tx cause thats what i did....

300px-St_John_the_baptist_-_Leonardo_Da_Vinci.jpg

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now