Suggestions on how to ask for permission?

ZTEPHYR

Does anyone have any good advice on how to ask for permission to paint on someone's building?

I've never actually asked before painting, but this time is different. I have an idea for a cool site specific piece and thelady that runs the corner store is so sweet, I don't want to upset her.

So, any tips on how to breach the topic of street art with people who usually view it as vandalism? Ways that I can approach her so that she she sees the artistry in my ideas? We barely speak the same language, so I'm already a little worried about communicating my request to her in the right way.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im not a toy, ive been painting for a few years

and haha.. no she's not hot, but she makes the best breakfast sandwiches!

i was gunna show her a few recent pieces that look like i want to do, im just not sure how to get the conversation started

"Missus Sandwich Lady, have you ever considered having a nice, colouful mural painted on your wall? I've always thought it would look really nice and might even attract people to the shop. Yeah, I have a few ideas, I'll pop by next week with some sketches and pics to help you picture what it might look like....."

• 4 weeks later...

the easy way to do this is to get know her and write up a document saying that ur going to paint the wall and what ur putting on the wall and tell her that you will take care of the wall just give you a chance and keep it non evil the first time and bust that shit.....josa1 ftg crew ft worth tx cause thats what i did....

• Like 1

Well, you shouldn't be asking someone if you can paint on their shit in the first place. Kind of reverse graffiti? No? Haha.

The best way of going about it in my opinion is if you present her some of your sketches or best pieces you've done, or even better outline on paper what you want to do on the store.

Good luck sounds like fun though

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
the easy way to do this is to get know her and write up a document saying that ur going to paint the wall and what ur putting on the wall and tell her that you will take care of the wall just give you a chance and keep it non evil the first time and bust that shit.....josa1 ftg crew ft worth tx cause thats what i did....

300px-St_John_the_baptist_-_Leonardo_Da_Vinci.jpg