mini appolis

orboogy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

150 THINGS TO DO IN MINNEAPOLIS

We gathered 150 of our favorite things to do. No matter the season, this list will keep you busy:

1. Visit Minneapolis

FALL

37. Walk through the Sculpture Garden at the Walker Art Center.

38. Cruise down Victory Memorial Drive to Theodore Wirth Parkway and beyond, watching the wildlife (yes, in the city limits).

39. Play Frisbee golf—the Minneapolis area hosts more disc golf parks than almost any other metropolitan area in the U.S.

40. Explore Minneapolis with your taste buds at Spoonriver, La Belle Vie, Fogo de Chao and Saffron.

41. Enjoy dinner at the Oak Grille followed by a touring Broadway Show at the Historic State or Orpheum Theatre.

42. Grab a monocle, top hat and your best British accent and sample some bangers and mash with authentic English beer at Brit's Pub.

43. Get your football fix by watching a Gophers game at TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday, then get professional and watch the Vikings at Mall of America Field on Sunday

44. Do the Mill City Suds Run.

45. Indulge in high-class steak perfection at Murray's Restaurant.

46. Learn something from a book—and the architecture—at the Minneapolis Central Library.

47. Arrive early and stay late at Gasthof's Oktoberfest festival every autumn.

48. Hear inspirational music at the Basilica of St. Mary, the oldest basilica in the country.

49. Enjoy a Tourtiere (French Meat Pie) after Sunday service at Minneapolis’s oldest church: Our Lady of Lourdes Church.

50. Take a trip back in time at Nye's Polonaise Room, rated the best bar in the nation, and belt out a tune at the piano bar.

51. Take a day to see nearly 100,000 items on display at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.

52. Toga up and taste authentic Greek food and wine (along with music and cooking demos) at the Minneapolis Greek Festival.

53. Take a backstage tour of the Tony Award-winning Guthrie Theater.

54. Find real deals at Off Fifth and Neiman Marcus' clearance floor in downtown Minneapolis.

55. Run around any of Minneapolis's 22 lakes to train for the Twin Cities Marathon in October.

56. Take home something with a Latin flair from Mercado Central, a market on Lake Street with more than 40 Latino businesses.

57. Steal a kiss with your sweetheart on the Stone Arch Bridge.

58. Duck into the Chambers Hotel's lobby and view the modern art collection.

59. For a late-night dinner, eat where the chefs go at 112 Eatery.

60. Shop at one of the eclectic boutiques in Northeast Minneapolis for a little something new.

61. See a show, puppet-style, at In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre.

62. Watch a classic movie—from the 40s or the 80s—at midnight on Saturdays at the Uptown Theater.

63. Learn about Minneapolis history and explore mill ruins at the Mill City Museum and Mill Ruins Park on the Mississippi Riverfront.

64. Rent a canoe and float on Lake of the Isles while enjoying the fall colors.

65. Hop on a Twin City trolley for a city tour.

66. Grab a seat at a Gophers basketball game at the University of Minnesota.

67. Splash around in a 15,000-foot water park, then ice skate indoors at The Depot.

68. Take the whole family for "kids eat free" day (Sunday) at popular local restaurant D'Amico & Sons.

69. Catch a show at a discount —go through the rush line at many local theaters.

bars......22nd ave staion, cc club, mortimers, grumpys, triple rock, palmers, and the nomad. go get em

cosign these (except for palmers, I've only been there once and I didn't care for it).

as for pizza black sheep coal fired pizza downtown mpls is really good

So i met my homie Joe out in pigeon falls wisconsin back in march of this year at some super hippie festival called sacred earth. sacred earth was a really intimate drug fest of like 500 people (which i landed at totally random), and on my second day there with no sleep i was walking off my hangover and coming down from a night of hallucinations and i came across this camp of like 20 kids from minneapolis. ended up basically living with the homies for that whole weekend which was dope as hell of course.- that takes things to the conversation of brothership and goodtimes-, which we can go over another day so after keeping in touch throught the year is how i landed here on this little vacay. < just an f.y.i. fellas -------

. thanks for the bar list I'm lookin to land in a real beer drinkin party* friendly spot. turns out my homies family consists of some real professionals. im staying in a neighborhood full of mansions called "Kenwood" right out of downtown minneapolis, at his fathers house who is a super sick illustrator, he does like childrens books and shit. pretty cool coincidence. but i havent seen much yet besides what looks to me like a giant suburb. oh i checked out atmospheres store "Fifth Element". decent spot that sells records and ironlak which was a nice find. only until i saw how easy it looks to pull paint from local hardware stores. this place is a bit funny ill be here till the 20th so im aiming to keep this thread posted and make a few laughs out of this.:scrambled:

So i met my homie Joe out in pigeon falls wisconsin back in march of this year at some super hippie festival called sacred earth. sacred earth was a really intimate drug fest of like 500 people (which i landed at totally random), and on my second day there with no sleep i was walking off my hangover and coming down from a night of hallucinations and i came across this camp of like 20 kids from minneapolis. ended up basically living with the homies for that whole weekend which was dope as hell of course.- that takes things to the conversation of brothership and goodtimes-, which we can go over another day so after keeping in touch throught the year is how i landed here on this little vacay. < just an f.y.i. fellas -------

. thanks for the bar list I'm lookin to land in a real beer drinkin party* friendly spot. turns out my homies family consists of some real professionals. im staying in a neighborhood full of mansions called "Kenwood" right out of downtown minneapolis, at his fathers house who is a super sick illustrator, he does like childrens books and shit. pretty cool coincidence. but i havent seen much yet besides what looks to me like a giant suburb. oh i checked out atmospheres store "Fifth Element". decent spot that sells records and ironlak which was a nice find. only until i saw how easy it looks to pull paint from local hardware stores. this place is a bit funny ill be here till the 20th so im aiming to keep this thread posted and make a few laughs out of this.:scrambled:

mortimers and cc club are both close to 5th element. so is the walker art museum and intermedia arts (if youre looking to rock a legal wall at your leisure).

if youre into it, this is a great city to bench trains....