New wholesaler/graff supply hopefully

newkidonthablok

Hello forum members, how are you? Im currently in the process of opening up an art supply aimed at urban/street artists, writers, students, and everyone in between. I have a few questions for you and would be mucho appreciative if you helped out. Im trying to get the ball rolling and come up with a business plan to get a loan but so far am running into a road block with the American distributor of Montana gold Macphersons. They wont give me the wholesale prices until I have a storefront and I cant have a storefront until I get the loan and to complicate it even further, I cant get the loan until I get the prices from distributors. See the catch 22 Im in? Anyways, after lurking and searching old threads I found a post that listed the wholesale on Montana gold at 4.79 but you must sell it at 7.20. I was wondering if thats still the case or has it changed, increased, decreased?

Part 2, I would really like some input from the graff community to see what THEY want in a supply store? What would really make you want to shop at my joint as opposed to another? My place will be located in the Midwest but will be doing online sells so I wanna know what y'all are looking for so I can have it. My goal is to be the BEST in the MIDWEST! Best customer service, best prices, best assortment, no gimmicks, snitches, games, etc. Just straight up supplying you with what you need. Im counting on the community to throw in some input so we can step up the game here. Thanks!

-Your future supply store.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

price-point, wide selection, fast deliv, replacement of shit cans, maybe a loyalty program.

Ozgraff in Australia are good suppliers in my opinion, decent blokes as well. Given that you won't be a competitor of theirs you might try having a chat with them, if that helps.

But again, the key is: price-point, wide selection, fast deliv

Yo I get it, people are gonna wan to try and be billy bad ass and try to break in, steal, etc. I got theft and shit covered. The store is not going be be some pansy ass hipster joint with a huge glass window without security. Plus you gotta have insurance to cover your inventory. Im more concerned about some constructive input from customers, not in ideas of busting into my joint. Besides, if your over 18 and risking a felony just for a few cans of paint I have to question your risk assessment skills. Racking is for kids who dont have to worry about prison.

I was busting your balls, but for real, you sound like an idiot. You keep saying your going to have all this stuff, but you can't figure out how to get a loan or get distributors to work with you. Right now, you have nothing and no idea what you will actually have.

Also you seem to not have a basic business plan if you think you will that you will make money selling cans to writers. Even if you have zines, graft movies, graff clothes, graff everything, you will fail. The main reason us that almost 100% of writers are broke ass niggas.

Another thing, you say you are in a Midwest city, why don't you start promoting yourself/business? Not telling us where you are at, is just stupid, since this is your customer base (at least soon to be customer base). It is not like this is not your first few posts (I am sure you have another id).

I know I am being harsh, but I really think you are setting yourself up for failure.

Look at it like this, I am into woodworking. Really into it. At a professional level.

I sell quite a bit of things. A few thousand a year easily, which makes me the exception vs the rule, since most people don't sell that much. But I keep my prices low because that is the price point for what sells. I know I am short changing myself, but I am also selling things vs not selling things.

I am always told that I should go full time with it, but it will never happen, because their is not enough profit.

No matter what, I know I will never make enough to have my own store unless I go commercial with a CNC. Customer base is not there. It is that simple.

You will have the same problem, lack of customer base. Even if every writer in the world buys a can a week from you, you will still not make enough to keep the doors open.

You need more diversity in your customer base.

Right, well Im doing it basically like a Dick Blick but with more spray paint. Since Im next to some universities I figure Ill be getting most of my business from the art students and Im next to a shitload of art galleries that feature writers so I figure Ill get some business from full time artists as well. Its not gonna be like 33third but more like a Dick Blick with way more spray paint.

I was just dishin out with ya, can we still be friends? I know where Im getting the loan, the only distributor givin me probs is Macphersons, I dont seem to be havin a prob with the other pees at Artprimo etc. The reason why I dont give out my exact location and store name is because I dont want my idea stolen as I think its a huge opportunity to reach some untapped market where Im at. Theres currently only 1 competitor who is Dick Blick but I plan on offering services they dont as well as better variety and pricing. Pricing below a big box retailer CAN be done.

Another thing, you say you are in a Midwest city, why don't you start promoting yourself/business? Not telling us where you are at, is just stupid, since this is your customer base (at least soon to be customer base). It is not like this is not your first few posts (I am sure you have another id).

COP

:five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: