krokodil has hit the states

watson

I don't know what kind of kangaroo salads you guys are eating over there, but here in the states, salad = lettuce, tomatoes, maybe some shredded carrots and a few croutons.

I don't care what type of dressing you put on that, it aint going to have the amount of calories as a big mac with fries.

Reading the nutritional info on salad dressing packets is fucking disgusting. it's astounding how much cholesterol and saturated fat they can pack in one.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, a lot of people don't understand calories.

I said a McDonalds salad as well. I also didn't say anything about fries - although, interestingly enough, French fries are on the salad menu.

I hate using YT videos, but this subject is pretty point and shoot anyway. This is an American video, so there isn't any Emu or Kangaroo on the menu.

Who the fuck eats a big mac without the fires that come with it?

Anybody who walks into a McDonalds and orders just a Big Mac, or any other burger, and not the fries and soda that comes with it is probably about as rare as anybody who would order a salad and pour it into a bowl of the most fattening dressing in existence.

People who order salads are not doing so for the taste, they're doing so because they're being conscious about their weight. And the vast majority of them aren't going to flood their salads with fattening dressing.

But just to give it to you that every single morbidly obese person is doing exactly as you say, a person with a normal metabolism could do exactly that AND scarf down a Big Mac and the fries that come with it, AND wash it down with a supper-sized coke every day of their life.

And they will get fat.

But they will not get to be 400 lb's+ unless they have a malfunctioning thyroid in the first place.

People do not get THAT fat to the point where they can't wipe their ass and need a fucking hover-round to get around just from what they eat alone.

Who the fuck eats a big mac without the fires that come with it?

Anybody who walks into a McDonalds and orders just a Big Mac, or any other burger, and not the fries and soda that comes with it is probably about as rare as anybody who would order a salad and pour it into a bowl of the most fattening dressing in existence.

The highest selling salad at McD's is the highest in calories and fat, so they aren't really hen's teeth. Though they are far from the most popular new item on the McD's menu - that coveted award of popularity goes to the newer McGriddle cakes.

I don't like fast food french fries, so I don't order them. I'm not that rare.

Again, I didn't mention fries in my comparison, so I'm not sure why you've added them into your equation. That's almost as crazy as me assuming that people who order a salad might have salad dressing on top! Crazy talk.

People who order salads are not doing so for the taste, they're doing so because they're being conscious about their weight. And the vast majority of them aren't going to flood their salads with fattening dressing.

They think the salad option is healthy, because they don't understand. Even if they do have the salad without dressing, it's almost a guarantee they will reward themselves with a treat for being 'healthy' - it's like buying breakfast cereal that says 'fruit' on the front and not reading the nutritional information.

Also, thyroid conditions, diabetes, etc. are no joke. The one thing that is important to remember, is that these conditions almost always are linked to childhood obesity, which is the precursor to the contraction of the condition.

But just to give it to you that every single morbidly obese person is doing exactly as you say, a person with a normal metabolism could do exactly that AND scarf down a Big Mac and the fries that come with it, AND wash it down with a supper-sized coke every day of their life.

And they will get fat.

But they will not get to be 400 lb's+ unless they have a malfunctioning thyroid in the first place.

I definitely did not say that every single morbidly obese person is doing as I say. That's like me telling you you're labelling every single person that constantly diets as a morbidly obese medically unfit individual.

Which I'm sure wasn't what you were trying to say.

People do not get THAT fat to the point where they can't wipe their ass and need a fucking hover-round to get around just from what they eat alone.

If the calories you take in far outweigh (get it) the calories you burn, it's not that difficult to believe that indeed someone can become that fat 'just' by eating too much fatty food.

Did you know most naturally skinny people are constant fidgets? Fidgeting during the day can burn as many calories as running a half marathon!

Ever met a fat OCD person?

This isn't true at all.

A lot of people who order salads think that they're in the clear--plus fast food salads don't taste good anyway--so they load up on two or three packets of Kraft bleu cheese dressing.

Same type of people who will order a diet Coke with their supersized burger and fries meal.

However, if you buy fresh greens/vegetables and make a dressing at home, salad can be delicious.

First time poster long time lurker but as a reformed fatty I had to throw my two cents in.

It is 100% possible to reach 400+ pounds simply by eating badly without any kind of medical condition to cause it. By the age of twelve I was almost 200 pounds with no medical issues. Over the years I just kept packing on the pounds until as an adult I realized I was on the verge of becoming one of those scooter people. Still with no medical condition to blame it on. I couldn't let that happen so I did something about it, and no I did not have surgery or anything like that. I just learned to eat right, started exercising, and changed how I lived.

As for how I got to that point, well growing up we never really ate that much fast food. My mom was never much on cooking but she usually threw something together. Also, nobody in my family is over weight like that either so it was not genetic. In fact, my siblings are those eat McD all day, drink beer all night, and never gain a pound types. The only thing I've been able to come up with over the years is that:

A) yes, it is totally related to childhood obesity

B )I liked to snack a lot as a kid not eat meals

C) I guess since her other kids were rail thin my mom never cared about nutrition much or taught me about it.

D) As a kid I was pretty sedentary. Unfortunately mom also never encouraged us to play sports, I remember asking to play soccer once and she replied you won't want to go to all those practices.

So parents I highly recommend you confront your kids weight problems now! If you don't they may end up scooter riding fatties or much worse.

• Like 2

I definitely did not say that every single morbidly obese person is doing as I say. That's like me telling you you're labelling every single person that constantly diets as a morbidly obese medically unfit individual.

Which I'm sure wasn't what you were trying to say.

What you've been saying is that salads are more fattening than big macs, and that people who eat salads instead of big macs are doomed to morbid obesity.

What I've been saying is that a normal person can eat a salad with their big mac meal every day of their life, and they will get fat, but they will not become morbidly obese to the point where they weigh over 400 lbs, can't wipe their own ass and need a fucking motorized wheelchair to get around.

That only happens to people who have a genetic disposition to be fat no matter what they eat.

IE no metabolism due to a dysfunctional thyroid.

obese and morbidly obese are lines that have been drawn in the sand, adjusted due to political correctness and a massively ignorant and senstive (and obese) patient base, probably some questionable legal lobbying going on as well.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/nutritionfacts.pdf

that is on the mcdonalds page and has their caloric breakdown. Currently their heaviest salad is 390c, where a big mac clocks in at 450. There are several drink choices that exceed the big mac as well.

And again, a higher caloric value isn't inherently more fattening, its what the calories come from. Fats and Proteins are essential to life, and for the most part your body knows how to process them. Carbs are nonessential, and in the modern world of lab created ingredients there are thousands of common ingredients that your body doesn't know what to do with. These play very heavily into the fattening of America.

This is where Pro's corn comment plays in. Find something at McD's that doesn't have a corn product in it--serious challenge.

here is a mcdonalds ingrdient list

here is a list of ingredients derived from corn

Also, you're assuming that a thyroid problem is genetic, and that a person is predestined to be obese if they have that problem.

1. not all thyroid problems are genetic--some can be brought on by, OMFUCKINGG, diet

2. thyroid issues can be often be controlled with medication and EXERCISE (holy shit!)

Did you know most naturally skinny people are constant fidgets? Fidgeting during the day can burn as many calories as running a half marathon!

Ever met a fat OCD person?

Until I started drinking mass amounts of beer every night which was soon followed by me turning 30, I was a fucking twig.

I stayed around 150ish. And guess what, I ate nothing but fast food and drank nothing but soda my entire youth going all the way back to when I was a skinny little kid in elementary school.

I had a girlfriend for years who was as skinny as I was at the time, and we both lived off the same diet.

I actually cut all that shit out as a counterbalance to my beer consumption and now I'm back under the 200lb mark, but even at my worst with the fast fooding and drinking all night the most I ever got at my absolute worst was about 215.

Meanwhile, I have cousins and aunts etc and have known other people throughout the years who have been fat fucks since diapers. And the majority have been way more conscious about their calorie intake and all that than I could ever be.

If you're prone to be fat, you can wage a life long battle against it and guess what... it's always going to be just that. Even on Jenny Craig, you might lose some pounds by starving yourself, but you're never going to be a healthy weight and you're doomed to eventually gaining it all back.

That's just a fact.

This isn't true at all.

A lot of people who order salads think that they're in the clear--plus fast food salads don't taste good anyway--so they load up on two or three packets of Kraft bleu cheese dressing.

Same type of people who will order a diet Coke with their supersized burger and fries meal.

However, if you buy fresh greens/vegetables and make a dressing at home, salad can be delicious.

You miss the point entirely. Dude was saying that eating salad (even a McDonalds salad) is worse for you than eating a big mac meal.

Nothing at all about buying fresh greens etc. and eating them in your kitchen.

My point is that people who are prone to be fat will be fat regardless of what they eat, and people who are 400 lbs+ are not that fat just from what they eat whether it be big macs, salads, or both 4 or more times a day.

Who the fuck eats bleu cheese??? That shit is worse than onions!!!

The MAIN reason I buy salad is for delicious, unhealthy salad dressings. The best salads involve meat, potato, egg... a nicoise is so good. As is a phat, dirty caesar. Mmmm.

I've never seen a salad with meat that wasn't a few tiny strips of chicken.

Are you's throwing steaks on top of your salads over there in England?

I was wondering how this thread pushed past page 2, then...

xkcdwrongoninternet.jpg

DAO:

Meanwhile 12oz is so dead that full days lapse in between anybody logging on.

I've been married for 7 years and still get pussy at least 3 times a week.

Infact, she's bleeding right now and still sucked me off earlier today just because.

Do you still get that kind of attention from your wife?

What you've been saying is that salads are more fattening than big macs, and that people who eat salads instead of big macs are doomed to morbid obesity.

Nope. I said a McDonalds salad has more calories than a Big Mac, which has been proven. I said that people think a salad is a healthy option without understanding that it contains more calories than a Big Mac.

Just caught your last post, "Big Mac Meal" - I didn't say that. I said a McDonalds salad can have more calories than a Big Mac.

Also, if you scroll up, someone has posted a real life personal experience (I am dubious on the first post as well, I must be honest) - but the facts are there. With all your conspiracy theories that you align yourself with, I am genuinely surprised that the food industry isn't something you're highly sceptical of. Check out some of the links between government and the food industry, and then keep trusting the information about people being 'prone to fatness'. The food industry is the largest manufacturing industry on the planet, they have what you guys call, 'fuck you money'.

When they talk, politicians listen. They spend billions of dollars a year countering legislation and regulations orbiting the idea of clearer nutritional labelling. Just last year TESCO spent over 1.2BB/GBP fighting the initiation of a more clear labelling system, they won the right to 'self regulate'.