Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MAR

hi.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1. Shalom!

!שָׁלוֹם עֲלֵיכֶם [shalom aleikhem] or [shalom aleikhem] - Literally: "Peace upon you!" - this one is the most traditional one, and probably is samiliar to everybody, as well as the next one:

!שלום - [shalom] - Most common greeting; but it is in fact simplification of the former. You can also say "shalom, shalom!" Well, I guess, everybody knows what does this mean.

Walter Sobchak: I'm saying, I see what you're getting at, Dude, he kept the money. My point is, here we are, it's shabbas, the sabbath, which I'm allowed to break only if it's a matter of life or death...

The Dude: Will you come off it, Walter? You're not even fucking Jewish, man.

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talkin' about?

The Dude: Man, you're fucking Polish Catholic...

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about? I converted when I married Cynthia! Come on, Dude!

The Dude: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...

Walter Sobchak: And you know this!

The Dude: Yeah, and five fucking years ago you were divorced.

Walter Sobchak: So what are you saying? When you get divorced you turn in your library card? You get a new license? You stop being Jewish?

The Dude: It's all a part of your sick Cynthia thing, man. Taking care of her fucking dog. Going to her fucking synagogue. You're living in the fucking past.

Walter Sobchak: Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax...

[shouting]

Walter Sobchak: You're goddamn right I'm living in the fucking past!

• Like 1