The Govt Shutdown

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nad walid too

lol, whatever you reckon, mate.

I'm pretty uninformed on this issue so forgive if this is a dumb question, but:

Baz went to an election on this issue so he's theoretically got a mandate. The Supreme Court also deemed it legal so there's no challenge there. If what I'm saying is right then how can the Reps try and repeal the policy, or even re-open negotiations on it? Isn't this the antithesis of democracy, the minority forcing itself on the majority?

I have a grasp on all the other aspects, I just don't understand how the reps, or more precisely, the TPers can do this without the majority of people getting up n arms over it all.

And yes, a perfect example of politicians being complete fucktards. I would like to think that this would bring the people out on to the streets should it occur in m country. Just dispicable behaviour and about the furtherest thing from 'leading' you could get. Cunts should be ashamed.

• Like 1

What I find funny is that you did exactly what the tea nergas did. Bring up something totally irrelevant in a shutdown thread.

I think I am now going to the car thread and talk about football.

I'd think it pretty obvious that my post was meant to piggy-back on Injury's comments regarding the ACA. What I find funny, is that you are inexplicably trying to link me to a position that I disagree w/ because I made a comment about a separate issue that, although ascribed to by those who hold said position, is rarely, if ever, articulated by the media in the manner in which I chose.

Baz went to an election on this issue so he's theoretically got a mandate. The Supreme Court also deemed it legal so there's no challenge there. If what I'm saying is right then how can the Reps try and repeal the policy, or even re-open negotiations on it? Isn't this the antithesis of democracy, the minority forcing itself on the majority?

I have a grasp on all the other aspects, I just don't understand how the reps, or more precisely, the TPers can do this without the majority of people getting up n arms over it all.

he's got a L-A-W, actually. one that passed under partisan (but not unusual, illegal or unfair) circumstances.

will begin by saying that this is far from the first time that a shutdown/the negotiation of continuing resolutions & budgets has been used to pass/force other legislation, but this is the most egregious use of it in awhile.

you're right in being confused too. The republicans have changed their stances/demands so many times that not even their own party knows what the plan is anymore. remember that TP members actually ran on repealing obamacare as a key part of their platform though. and the people that voted them into office are fucking stupid enough that they think a shutdown would be great, 'cause all gub'mint is evil 'n' only supports minorities. or something like that.

so the TP has a suicidal one-track goal of taking out the ACA regardless of the cost/penalty, to the country and probably the world economy if this goes on another week.

anyways, the house majority leader (boehner) has the votes right now to end ALL OF THIS... a clean CR would pass the house by a combination of dem votes and a small core of republicans fucking sick of this shit, especially if it was by secret ballot.

but he won't.

that's where democracy is fucking up especially bad. because boehner's acting in his own interests/the interests of the party... not any of us. my guess is he's feeling himself and believes that the dems are looking worse and worse as this goes on, while the house passes piecemeal agendas to fund specific things (parks, police, etc). and if he skirts the TP & calls a vote on a clean CR it fragments the republican party deeply, which martyrs his political future and the future of his party.

but yes, it is the minority taking control of the majority, and empowered by those who need them for votes. it's a political game, the whole thing. ironic it was boehner who said "this isn't a damn game!!" cause he's playing it like one.

And yes, a perfect example of politicians being complete fucktards. I would like to think that this would bring the people out on to the streets should it occur in m country. Just dispicable behaviour and about the furtherest thing from 'leading' you could get. Cunts should be ashamed.

I wish we could hang a lot of these people and start over.

Boats finna have to get a minimum wage job...lol

:lol: some how my co pulled another like 100 work days worth of $ out of somewhere

Until dec 31

If this stand off lasts that long I wouldn't know what to say

CA min wage is about to be $10 any way

Only a couple bucks less than a teacher makes … and without the student loans :haha:

Man, this country is going down the shitter