Salt water maceration of a coyote head - an Experiment

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been on the twelver in awhile..look at the awsome shit I missed. KIR did you end up going to Furthur at red rocks last month? I think we discussed that months ago..back to the topic at hand, the fish are going to help quite a bit and im impressed with the inginuity.....like someone mentioned, peel that face back a bit to help the fisholas grind sessions. .........steal your face coyote!

awesome thread .. i was waiting for another installment

the story about your boat .. does sound pretty shady ..

i would just ninja my way into there and take the boat back ...

It sounds like the guy stole your boat .. came up with a crappy excuse for dodging your calls and now wants you to pay for your boat because he was keeping on his dock .. (hes gonna just get away with stealing your boat if you don't go take it)

• 3 weeks later...
Sounds like a hustle to me.

But then again, you're getting punked for being an outsider.

Nigga might sink your boat before even going to court.

Then leave town before they cut off your head and hang it from a fishing line in the water.

Yeah it ended up being not a hustle, but your thoughts made me chuckle. You did make me pretty wary so it made me a little more cautious. Thanks. See below for story

Haven't been on the twelver in awhile..look at the awsome shit I missed. KIR did you end up going to Furthur at red rocks last month? I think we discussed that months ago..back to the topic at hand, the fish are going to help quite a bit and im impressed with the inginuity.....like someone mentioned, peel that face back a bit to help the fisholas grind sessions. .........steal your face coyote!

Hahaha... No I did not go to Further, my girl used to work at this place in Sausalito which Further played at countless times. I could get in free to any of the shows, so I got my fill of Further & the "Twirlers". Good stuff, but I'm not much of a live music kind of guy, unless it's like an orchestra or some old, sad country music.

awesome thread .. i was waiting for another installment

i would just ninja my way into there and take the boat back ...

Long story short, I got it back! The trans-dude-girl who sold it to me apparently never got the title in hersis name, so i had to forge some signatures, do a lot of paperwork, and pay about $130 to title it in my name and register it to 2015. So I was pretty stoked to get the title today in the mail with my name on it.

I might have mentioned that the guy had said "I can't let the boat out of here without current registration." Which meant to me, "I really, really want you to pay me for the ad & docking fees, but I can't actually hold onto your boat, unless it's unregistered."

Hence, I took that bitch back.

It's been about a week and no sign of foul play.

I do have a kind of funny story about what I just did two days ago involving another boat tied up there, if anyone wants to hear. But I might just tack that onto the actual travel thread, which i've been neglecting...

Now, back to the DECAPITATED COYOTE DOGFISH HEAD LAGER!

Good news - Bad News

Good News: the experiment worked! Success!!!

Bad News: the experiment worked really, really well!!! In fact, much too well!

It was coming along really well, and i could see the bone starting to peek through about two weeks into the experiment. Then there was a particularly high tide after the moon & sun conspired against me. There was a period of two or three days where even at low tide you couldn't see it, so I just left it down there. At some point the fishing line disappeared from my tie-up spot in the window.

The next week, tide was low enough to go rooting around in the mud for it, and much to my chagrin, fate would have it that YET ANOTHER HEAD HAS GONE MISSING FROM MY POSSESSION!

Either that, or it has completely dis-integrated, proving that salt water maceration is far too effective and powerful for ordinary lay-men like me. I'm assuming a shark tore it off the line, considering that I had it pretty well tied up to my window. Tiger sharks are pretty common to see outside the window.

So, my friends, our adventure ends here. Please enjoy the departing pics.