Shit that makes you feel old.

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other side, I see a lot of nergas getting up and can't piece for shit.

And that's fine. Tags and fillins are the essence of graffiti.

Graffiti is about getting up.

You can be a king or even a legend and not know how to piece.

If you can piece, that's a bonus. But if you never earned your stripes in the street you ain't shit.

That's how the graff game works.

I guess so.

Getting up will always get credit from me though. We've had some toy as fuck kids crushing my home town over the last year, but credit to them, they're out there.

^That's real rap. I'm always looking at the streets no matter where I am, and I always pay attention to who's really putting in that work. Even the toys.

I give more respect to the toys I see putting in that work than any legal eagle.

On the topic of getting up I've just landed in Beijing after a two and a half year absence and it seems this city is squarely on the beaten track now. Place has been walked by a bunch of folk, saw some 1up simples near the hotel and a bunch of other shit. When I was here last myself and one local crew were the only kids in town, bar one or two curious internationals passing through. Things have changed...., documenting for the interested.

thought mb was long out.

that's cool to hear, in asia no less

MB is a true bomber. A fucking legend over and over.

He never fell off.

MB has been doing his thing since the 70's when he was in elementary school, and he's my fucking oldhead.

He was my fucking combo at one point.

I know Espo's book tried to play him like he fell off, but that was because MB had beef with Suroc, and Suroc was homies with Espo.

That was just politics and propaganda.

We all slow down, but he never ever stopped writing.

Don't take my word for it, ask any real Philly nigga who ain't from ICY.

MB is to Philly as JA, Cope, and Ces all rolled up into one is to NYC.

He really is and always has been that dude on every aspect of graff since the time he was in elementary school.

I mean, obviously my dude ain't getting it in like he did when he was a kid, but I still talk to him on a regular basis and best believe he's still getting whiteout and marker tags on daily basis.

• 2 weeks later...

only time I felt old was chatting to a mate in work and mentioning when I left school and he replied ah I wasn't born then, i like seeing people i went to school with because they generally look like shit, and although i have been wild most my life i haven't really aged that much

new names for the same old drugs that people have been using forever

Word!!!

Niggas calling E "molly" and acting like it's some new shit.

Reminds me of back in the 80's when the media was making a big deal about this new drug called "Ice" that was fucking up the kids, only to find out later that Ice is just another name for Meth and that it's been fucking up the kids since the 60's.

• Like 1

came home for a holiday, jumped on the train to go to a dope burger joint i haven't been to in years. train goes past my old high school, little fuckers jump on the train...i used to be those midget fucks...damn. and i ain't even old yet.

also, people who were born after the turn of the century, some of those dudes are already teenagers...

Realising that actually, yes, at 14 you have no fucking idea about the way the world works and how cynicism creeps up on you argument after argument with morons and you learn to just let that shit go and embrace seeing the world as it is and knowing we're fucked yet it's still beautiful.

There is a kind of glorious freedom in learning that, cos it can help you live for the moment. Existence is the meaning of life. We're a fucking anomaly. That's amazing.

We're like the test group in a cosmic experience gone awry. Useless but meaningful nonetheless.