Shit that makes you feel old.

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact nearly everyone from my year at school is now married, sprogged or both.

Also every time I think "Why did your mother let you go out dressed like that?" when I see a young teen girl in booty shorts or whatever. Starting to think that is what made me feel unequivocally adult.

I still paint. I can't see it stopping 100% - I have had to go legal now cos I have to pass checks for my course and can't risk a crim record now. Another thing that made me feel grown up. Damn I miss bombing tho.

Sidenote - mixed race women age very well on the whole. Check it out.

People born in the first half of the 90s being adults makes me feel a bit old.

oh hell yes. cosign.

Also every time I think "Why did your mother let you go out dressed like that?" when I see a young teen girl in booty shorts or whatever. Starting to think that is what made me feel unequivocally adult.

Sidenote - mixed race women age very well on the whole. Check it out.

indeed.

and you are thinking of the phrase "black don't crack"

remembering that day when Chi Chi got the yeyo.

they put up a Target on the site of Cabrini Green

and i don't mean a place to practice shooting

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/business/cabrini-green-chicago-target-226927121.html

artworks-000052305505-hib6wv-crop.jpg?5ffe3cd

things done changed

Hearing kids tell me they graduated high school in 2013.

... and anytime I hurt myself now it takes at least twice as long to heal. Or maybe it just has happened

enough times that I'm acutely aware of the time it's gonna take to feel better.

People that have no idea what a StarTac is/was.

Anyone that thinks that present day hip hop is the greatest. (This is the "hair metal" era of rap)

he's 21. i have clothes older than this guy

i started painting when he was an infant... and my career still might outlast his :haha:

not having kids made it all easier. and i've known my boss for so long she knows the deal. some things are off limits now though

ridiculous.

i envy that level of trust with the boss too.

... and anytime I hurt myself now it takes at least twice as long to heal. Or maybe it just has happened

this. i fell off my bike 2 weeks ago and my wrists are still screaming

people claiming that they do graffiti, but only legally sound gay as fuck.

If this is directed at me, I'm supremely confident that I was facing magistrates for whole cars before you were even born.

People 40 plus risking family and career for the approval of others is as gay as fuck.

If it wasn't directed at me then disregard.

• Like 1

I think he's referring to young ones who should be out doing it 'proper'.

I distinctly remember sitting on an express train with a couple of good mates telling them I'll still be bombing when I'm in a suit with a briefcase. One of my mates was over 18 at the time, job, etc, and he just smiled.

Memories make me feel old.

I had a encounter with a young woman the other day where, if I read the situation correctly, she was at ease with me because she percieved our age difference as a barrier to sexual tension.

I am fairly well convinced that most new music sucks and that most new writers have no style or appreciation for the form.

I miss the days when you could buy quality shit that was not all made in China.

To top it all off I am pretty sure that the younger generation lacks work ethic.

• Like 1

ridiculous.

i envy that level of trust with the boss too.

i NEVER take it for granted.

she is awesome, and we were colleagues before she became my boss, and i work my ass off so she appreciates the fuck outta me too.

If this is directed at me, I'm supremely confident that I was facing magistrates for whole cars before you were even born.

People 40 plus risking family and career for the approval of others is as gay as fuck.

graffiti for me, has absolutely nothing to do with other people

i know that's why i still do it.

however, i have outgrown bombing, and i get bored with walls.

if someone paid me decently to do legal shit though, i wouldn't say no

I am fairly well convinced that most new music sucks and that most new writers have no style or appreciation for the form.

I miss the days when you could buy quality shit that was not all made in China.

To top it all off I am pretty sure that the younger generation lacks work ethic.

it's always weird when you are speaking with younger folks and they look at you like a foreigner would when you start talking about movies/tv/music that came out in the 80s/90s.

some of the people i'm around at work now - grad students, who are going to be doctors in a couple years, were in elementary school when 9/11 happened. that is insane to me.

It was directed at anyone who says they do graffiti but only legally. If that's you, then yes it was directed at you. Also, I'm in my mid 30s. If you were doing whole cars before I was born, you might be a little old to be on a Internet forum.

Ha, there's an age when you should stop doing certain things? Sorry, I'll go put on some slippers, a cardigan and sit in a rocking chair, ya fucking clown.

Anyway, you go be the rebel you and fuck the system enough for the both of us because my family and my career are more important to me than 'graffiti credibility'.

A lot of people from outside of Philly like to jock Enem because of that one video he was in.

Before that video, he was retired to the legal walls.

And had been for years.

Since that video and the notoriety that it brought him, he's now juiced and out bombing again.

That nigga aint bombed for like a decade before that shit.

Strictly legals.

Now he's out getting tags and shit again.

Food for thought.

^Then that's what's up. Good for him.

It's a lot of 17 year olds who never walked a route though who just jump straight to the legals though.

Niggas who can't even rock a decent tag or throwup, but can piece and think that in and of itself earns them some kind of respect.

My guess is that's probably who Brewster Baker was talking to.

And I have to agree.