The Vehicle Thread

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Wasn't this nigga giving somebody else on here grief for retiring to the legal walls?

How the fuck you have the time to even think about your rims and your sound system on your fucking Lexus if you out there running the streets?

Matter of fact, nigga ain't you working in the Oil Fields where you're working 7 day weeks, 18 hour days like 3 months at a time with a week off in between to recuperate???

How the fuck you have time to even breath, much less worry bout the appearance of your car????

Look at this frontin ass nigga frontin like he thinks his brand new Lexus is some bullshit.

Right after posting mad pics of it in another photo thread on here trying and failing to fish for compliments.

Talking bout he don't know if there's a "vehicle thread" in here.

Fuck outahere you fuck ass nigga who most likely barely affords the payments on the Lexus that you are pretending ain't shit to you.

Wasn't this nigga giving somebody else on here grief for retiring to the legal walls?

How the fuck you have the time to even think about your rims and your sound system on your fucking Lexus if you out there running the streets?

Matter of fact, nigga ain't you working in the Oil Fields where you're working 7 day weeks, 18 hour days like 3 months at a time with a week off in between to recuperate???

How the fuck you have time to even breath, much less worry bout the appearance of your car????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: slayed

rondobadday.gif

Because when you work shifts like that ALL you can think/daydream about is stuff like cars, bikes, and bullshit, to keep you sane.

Whenever I've worked ridiculous overtime all I could think about was getting the shit done already so that I can go back to a regular 40 hour week and have time to sit on my couch watching TV with my wife and kids again.

Maybe have enough energy on the weekend to do real life shit like go skateboarding or write on a couple walls here and there.

Any thought put toward my vehicle was just to make sure it stayed up and running.

And the most ridiculous overtime I ever had to put in was absolutely nothing compared to what these niggas in the oil fields have to endure.

Bullshit smells like bullshit.

Working that hard indefinitely would kill me for sure. Thats not to say sitting in a drilling office managing the crew would be a deal breaker, but rough necking for years would.

There are all sorts of guys around my parts that go up north to work crazy hours and in the harsh cold. Good for them, there is an industry there that needs man power. Guys are pulling 200k a year + and fucking good for them. They earn it the hard way.

The nice trucks and the toys they spend the money on puts that money back in the system and essentially back in our pockets.

I wouldn't have bought that car, however to each his own. And I would check to see if mods void warranty. Now step aside for the DAO.

I was out looking at audio shit for my car, some guy tells me he owns a dealership and someone traded in a CT with black wheels and tires with only a few hundred miles on them. He said he was selling them on craigslist, but would give them to me for dirt cheap if I wanted. He showed me a picture and gave me his card. Called him later and went to check them out. Still looked brand new, so I couldn't really pass on the deal. Also added some all weather rubber mats and a cargo liner.

Prolly gonna order some lowering springs or coil overs to drop it an inch or so.

Love it. This is my fifth Subaru, but I've had most brands. I've got three Subies an Audi and a Ford ute right now - Subaru is definitely my favourite.

Was it the H6 model you drove? The 2.5 is seriously lacking in power in comparison.

good to know, thanks.

i'm not sure which it was but it sounded and felt like a 4 cylinder. i wasn't mad at it ... power is low on my list of priorities

Working that hard indefinitely would kill me for sure. Thats not to say sitting in a drilling office managing the crew would be a deal breaker, but rough necking for years would.

There are all sorts of guys around my parts that go up north to work crazy hours and in the harsh cold. Good for them, there is an industry there that needs man power. Guys are pulling 200k a year + and fucking good for them. They earn it the hard way.

The nice trucks and the toys they spend the money on puts that money back in the system and essentially back in our pockets.

I wouldn't have bought that car, however to each his own. And I would check to see if mods void warranty. Now step aside for the DAO.

You just keep hoarding your jew gold there young buck. I don't know what kind of "Man Power" your looking for to fill your "industry" but I don't wanna hear another word of it.

doug-the-head1.jpg

That's Doug the Head. Everybody knows Doug the Head.

If it's stones and it's stolen, he's the man to speak to.

Pretends he's Jewish.

Wishes he was Jewish.

Even tells his family they're Jewish, but he's about as Jewish as he is a fucking monkey.

He thinks it's good for business.

And in the diamond business, it is good for business.

• 2 years later...

car thread!! questions for y'all.

i want/need a small truck. emphasis on small - old rangers and s10s are ideal, but i can't work on them myself and buying a 15+ y/o truck with 150k miles and taking it to a shop every time makes me nervous that i'll go broke.

i won't be hauling. but will be putting a ladder rack and lightbar on it. it's for (legitimate) painting gigs and going down access roads with minimal hassle.

things i like/need:

- gas mileage

- automatic, though i can learn manual

- reliable

- small - like, can-still-parallel-park-it small. dc is full of tiny streets.

thanks thanks thanks

What is your budget and very general location?

Do you need 4 wheel drive?

Based on personal experience I would tell you to limit your search to Toyotas, Nissans, and Fords. From a maintenance standpoint, mechanics and parts are cheap for most stuff if/when it comes up.

Toyotas (pickup or Tacoma) are at the top of the game for reliability. Ford Rangers (mazda b series are the same thing) are also great. Mileage is varied on how you drive, in learning manual you can help this out a bit.

Your local CL will probably have a few white base model Rangers that will fit the bill. They are a super common fleet vehicle so they're everywhere.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...