----> chromecast <----

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

CIL

i don't know what functions the apple tv has

basically you use the chromecast to put ['cast'] anything on your computer screen onto your TV screen

i was given a pretty nice tv a few years ago

i don't have cable though, so i just stream shit like breakingbad cuz i don't feel like downloading it, then converting the file, then burning a DVD. it takes forever to do that when i often just want to see the show, i don't even care about owning it.

so this way, yesterday i got the thing in the mail

went to megaupload or whatever, found the latest breaking bad episode, then went over to my couch and watched it on my tv with my dogs.

this way i didn't have to sit at my computer to watch it

it only cost $35 so i figure, it's worth it since i have streamed all of game of thrones, a ton of madmen, and most of breaking bad. maybe i'll even start watching walking dead again

the SUPER SWEET function of this thing, which really sets it apart from the Roku 3 or westerndigital TV or whatever, is that if your computer can play the video file, it will be shown on your tv. no worrying about file extensions and shit like that.. cuz i know with roku you can just plug a usb in with the file you want to watch, but it can only play certain video file formats

so CIL i was actually wrong about it being able to play any file on your computer

it's gotta be a website.

but, if you can upload your vids to a site then you can stream

and obviously anything that can be seen on a website can be cast to the tv. still a pretty good deal for me since i stream everything and don't download

BOATS i have no interest in running a cable the length of my house

chromecast said you need to have the comp within 20 feet of the tv but mine is about 30 feet away and it still works.

so now you want people to buy a laptop and a cable instead of a $35 dongle?

:haha:

I figured most people run laptops these days? Netbooks, ipads, tablets. Dunno if I know anyone under 50 with a desktop

I thought desktops w towers were only used by PC gamers.

You getting your counterstrike on!? B)

I figured most people run laptops these days? Netbooks, ipads, tablets. Dunno if I know anyone under 50 with a desktop

I thought desktops w towers were only used by PC gamers.

You getting your counterstrike on!? B)

nope.

i have a desktop, mainly because the laptops i've used can't handle illustrator or video editing very well. i also have many, many gigs of photos... too many to store on a laptop.

i've got a tablet too but it's main purpose is for vacation.

my man also has a desktop, his is attached to a negative scanner that is constantly in use.

we are both under 50.

so now you want people to buy a laptop and a cable instead of a $35 dongle?

but, if you can upload your vids to a site then you can stream

...so now you want people to upload their shit somewhere, so they are able to fucking watch it?

No offense symbols.

It amazes me though how much effort (and money) people still put in TV stuff.

I mean. Fuck television, for christ's sake!

From what I gather skimming this thread: Niggas bitch about TV.

Say kill your TV.

Say burn your TV with fire.

Say fuck this TV, I'll get another TV.

Another TV made by another company.

But eventually, fuck that TV too.

It'a all about the internet.

The internet.

The fucking internet.

Instead of getting my news from CNN because Fox News and MSNBC are paid shills for their political parties, fuck CNN and throw them under the bus beause it's the cool thing to do to throw ALL mainstream media under the bus. Then turn around and get our news from fucking blogs. Cause being stupid is American, and anything else is Al Qaeda. Just like Bush/Cheney told you after 911. I hear Halliburton is hiring though.

i'm not with the anti-tv crusaders.

i don't do lots of things that are bad for me, and there actually are some cool things on tv.

for example, if you aren't watching PBS' Frontline, you are truly missing out.

i won't try and convert you, but to whine about how tv sucks is like bitching at me that i need protein and i'm gonna die because i'm vegetarian, when i've been vegetarian for 20 years.

judge away, haters. you are better than me and you win. congrats.

i casted Anthony Bourdain's tour of Jerusalem and Palestine last night

go ahead, tell me how worthless it was and what a big waste of time it is for me to see what Gazans have to go through to cross a border, and what life is like in the west bank.

:rolleyes:

I am the same as symbol with this. I turned cable box in years ago because their repairman missed his time that he was suppose to show that I took off work for. So I said fuck them, no money from me.

I don't try to convert anyone, but I get a lot of haters when they find out.

I have come to the realization, because of the haters, that tv is worse then crack as far as the addiction goes. It is cheaper and way more accessible, so no one sees it.

if you aren't watching PBS' Frontline, you are truly missing out.

No you are missing out if you don't eat meat!

:p

Just kidding, symbols.

But -

judge away, haters. you are better than me and you win. congrats.

..how about you chill out; I said 'no offense', and nobody was judging you in any way, nobody was even talking to you directly.

Of course there are good things on television, but everyday you can watch more of these things online, for free,

and (this is the part where it gets good) without the fucking ads.

how about you chill the fuck out

who is upset?

i'm not talking to anyone directly. i didn't even quote you, Mudder.

it's dumb when people think that shit like this ruffles feathers.

i actually don't care what people think of tv viewing, which is why i wrote what i wrote. saying "you win. congrats." is meant to convey that i don't care. even a little.

clearly it was misinterpreted.