D.C. Navy Yard Shooting

Realism

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So then that photo of people dead on the floor is a hollow meme?

62 dead in that turkey shoot.

Do you not wonder what that death toll would be if a lot of those random people in the mall were also packing heat and actually able to defend themselves?

Or if that mall would have even been targeted at all?

Seems like the psychopaths and terrorists all agree that unarmed populations are the best places to target.

^Real talk. You can't just going around locking up every kid who gets picked on at school, or everybody who has a rough breakup with their chick just because these tend to be contributing factors to people losing it and going on a shooting rampage. They also happen to be contributing factors to growing up.

And most people who go through the same shit turn out to be solid individuals in the end.

What you can do though, is make it easier for other law abiding citizens to arm themselves for that one time in their life that they may happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But then again, with America being the police state that it's become and only getting worse, I don't think there is a such thing as "law abiding citizen" being as pretty much everything is outlawed.

Catch 22.

That's another thing, who gets to decide who is on the list? Your crazy ex calls the cops and says you threatened her, doesn't matter you didn't, you go on the list. then even after your name is cleared in court, if it is, you still have to get your name taken off the list. How do you even go about that? I don't know and I had an FFL 03.

• Like 1

This is shitty to laugh about, but I lose it every time they quote someone's Twitter account:

"'Taken control of all the floors. We're not here to feed the attackers with pastries but to finish and punish them,' Kenyan police Inspector General David Kimaiyo said on Twitter."

Al-Shabaab saying ridiculous shit "in tweets."

I dunno, I just imagine these people tweeting while they lie on their stomachs and swing their legs in the air behind them, playing with their hair.

Nohomo.

British hero of the mall massacre: Ex Royal Marine with a handgun saved 100 lives as terrorists ran amok

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2430201/British-hero-mall-massacre-Ex-Royal-Marine-handgun-saved-100-lives-terrorists-ran-amok.html

One way this headline could translate is - Person trained and experienced in firearms and combat in urban environments saves people.

Worth considering whether an untrained, inexperienced person with a firearm would have been able to achieve the same thing. It may be true that s/he could have, or even saved one or two people. It may also be true that s/he could have made the situation worse and put more lives in danger.

All I'm saying is that I don't think it's as simple as "give people more guns and things will be safer for everyone".

British hero of the mall massacre: Ex Royal Marine with a handgun saved 100 lives as terrorists ran amok

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2430201/British-hero-mall-massacre-Ex-Royal-Marine-handgun-saved-100-lives-terrorists-ran-amok.html

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to RIPS again."

This is shitty to laugh about, but I lose it every time they quote someone's Twitter account:

"'Taken control of all the floors. We're not here to feed the attackers with pastries but to finish and punish them,' Kenyan police Inspector General David Kimaiyo said on Twitter."

Al-Shabaab saying ridiculous shit "in tweets."

I dunno, I just imagine these people tweeting while they lie on their stomachs and swing their legs in the air behind them, playing with their hair.

Nohomo.

I seriously doubt their "Inspector General" was laying on the ground ducking for cover inside the mall when he "tweeted" that.

He was most likely in a secure place running shit from a walkie talkie or cell phone.

And what he said about "finish and punish them" was a direct quote from the president of Kenya who said exactly that on the day that this shit began. The president of Kenya lost family in that mall shooting BTW.

One way this headline could translate is - Person trained and experienced in firearms and combat in urban environments saves people.

Worth considering whether an untrained, inexperienced person with a firearm would have been able to achieve the same thing. It may be true that s/he could have, or even saved one or two people. It may also be true that s/he could have made the situation worse and put more lives in danger.

All I'm saying is that I don't think it's as simple as "give people more guns and things will be safer for everyone".

I am pretty far to the left in my politics, but I was raised by republicans who literally grew up hunting.

I was taught from probably about age 7 to respect guns.

"Guns are not a toy".

At age 8 I was at the shooting range with my pops shooting his 45.

Of course, he prepared me about the kick on that thing.

At age 11 he bought me a 22.

My mom who at the time was 100% anti-guns flipped out about it and so it went back to my dads closet to sit until she threw me out and I moved in with him at age 13.

Then he would take me to the shooting range and let me shoot his HK 93 or whatever it was.

It was a German assault riffle.

My point is that I, my father, and his father, and his fathers father were all brought up around guns and taught at an early age to respect guns. To never point a gun at yourself or in the direction of anybody else while cleaning them, or otherwise.

Honestly, I believe the demonetization of guns has led to a generation of parents who are too afraid to teach their kids gun etiquette and a rise in kids who don't respect the power of guns.

And thus a rise in accidental shootings, and kids who look at real guns in the same light that they would in a video game.

There's always going to be nuts in this would no matter what.

But the point of the 2nd amendment is not just for hunting or target practice rights, but also to empower people to defend themselves and their family against the nuts in this world.

Also, that story credits dude with saving about 100 lives.

I can shoot an AK out of a raghead's hand at 50 paces.

I am the NRA.

The NRA is nothing more than a shill propaganda arm for the Republican party.

I used to be an NRA member till I found this out the hard way.

Real talk, they supported anti-gun regulations when the Black Panthers were arming themselves in California back in the 60's and 70's.

Back when then governor Ronald Reagan was pushing for anti-gun regulation.

Then flash forward to the early 80's when president Reagan got shot along with one of his Secret Service detail named Brady, now all of a sudden the NRA is against the very same anti-gun legislation that got their dude shot?

Why?

Was it because he got shot by a white guy?

Fuck the NRA.

Yeah, I mean I don't really have a position in the gun debate for the US, I do for my own country but we live in a very different circumstance than the US.

I just get frustrated when I see really complex situations boiled down in to really simplistic arguments as if the answers are really easy.

I also have a mate that has spent the majority of his life hunting and hasn't spent a day in the military and I'm more than happy to see him owning a whole fucking arsenal. However I also have other mates who hunt and I wouldn't go anywhere near them when armed. Complex world, complex issues and even as some one who loves guns/shooting/hunting, I'm glad I live in a city where guns are like hen's teeth.

Getting that dude to say it was his own fault he got shot is some OG shit.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand...

I, my father, and his father, and his fathers father were all brought up around guns and taught at an early age to respect guns.

This right here is the story of America's gun culture, passed down from fathers to sons, and now to daughters as well. I was taught to respect but never fear guns. The gun itself doesn't do the harm it is only a tool, ambivalent to intent. If anything, fear the hand wielding the gun.

I have always looked at marksmanship and other gun related skills as life skills, on par with knowing how to jumpstart a car, change a flat tire or CPR. Something every person should know, because you never know what life is going to throw at you.

Most preconceived notions about guns and gun owners comes from irrational fear, fueled by propaganda. The fact that high profile events like this are extreme statical outliers are things that news outlets can't be bothered to report. My guns* have never harmed anybody, and will continue to be harmless, unless you intend harm to me or mine. That is the story of the overwhelming majority of American guns and gun owners. But that doesn't generate ratings.

*I own a couple WWII rifles, that I am reasonably sure saw combat.

I seriously doubt their "Inspector General" was laying on the ground ducking for cover inside the mall when he "tweeted" that.

He was most likely in a secure place running shit from a walkie talkie or cell phone.

And what he said about "finish and punish them" was a direct quote from the president of Kenya who said exactly that on the day that this shit began. The president of Kenya lost family in that mall shooting BTW.

I know.

The hilarious and tasteless joke I was making was in reference to teenage girls lying on their beds tweeting about inane shit on their phones, not terrified hostages going prone to avoid gunfire.

I understand that Twitter is an entirely relevant media platform, but I can't take it seriously because that's what I think of whenever it's quoted in the news.