Phoneblocks

eviltrailer77

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That's what I was thinking, a reconfgureable phone for any occasion.

I don't know if this a profitable business model, but I think hipsters/hippies would love being able to lord the "green" aspect over their little friends. Plus if this does make it to the market, the individual parts could eventually carry the same clout that new phones do now, like "Check it out, just picked up the new ultra HD screen"

^^^ Thats all well and good, and I know there is money to be made reclaiming precious and simiprecious metals. Workers in some facility in the US/EU doing it with proper protective equipment, environmental controls and Industrial Hygienists monitoring the process is great, more power to em. But the sheer volume of the waste stream is either too great for those types of facilities or they limit the types of waste they process due to profitability issues. Those facilities are worlds away from an Indian street urchin doing it in a shantytown, sacrificing their lives in the process.